Ideas wanted for Season 15

SaintM

Everyone has to have had at least 3 pints before playing their league games?:(

Or coming up with new ideas for the league :P

I've always liked the idea of 'simulating' the English leagues (Prem' manager get Prem' teams etc.).

The top down idea also has a lot going for it.

How about:

Home & Away

You play with your own team in the first game. In the second game the two managers have to swap teams.

Or maybe

All for One

Everyone in the league has the same team.

Reversal of fortune sounds good.

I think it would be nice for the people in the lower divisions to have a season playing with the top teams,

especially those that have stuck with the league without getting near the top.

jsut make 2 leagues prem and championship of all teams in each league would be class and long season like real life ;)

That would be great, but I imagine some people would get disheartend if there not in a good relegation dog fight, or fighting for top spot, because you cant exactly aim for uefa cup glory. Plus people may have to drop out and cant commit the next 6 months of the life to this due to one reason or another.

Id be well up for this though, it would be brilliant.

I also like the other idea of using real teams equal to there respective league. But again it wouldnt be much fun for people in league two having to use pish teams.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I think the current set up works extremely well and don't really think it needs changing. I may be in minority since I'm only in my second season (you veterens feel as if it needs a shake up?) but the league is great as it is :D

I was thinking we could have an in game top goal scorer table. When reporting results managers could enter the players who scored the goals and a table could be generated for it.

Possibly do the same for discipline so that we could name and shame those hacking bastards (SaintM)?

Golden Boot awards for Managers who score the most goals in the Cups?

I don't really have any ideas for changes, I'd just prefer if they didn't mess up the way promotion/relegation works from this season to the next.

At the end of last season the later games lost their impact a bit because it wasn't clear what position I needed to be in for promotion, or how many players would be going up, then in the end people jumped about all over the place. I know it's never going to go smoothly with people dropping out/joining between seasons but it would be good if the structure could be maintained as much as possible.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I think the current set up works extremely well and don't really think it needs changing. I may be in minority since I'm only in my second season (you veterens feel as if it needs a shake up?) but the league is great as it is :D

This is just for one season to mark the 15th anniversary of the league. Obviously the more outlandish ideas would be far too impacting on the league, but some subtle change that makes it 'different' is entirely workable.

I don't really have any ideas for changes, I'd just prefer if they didn't mess up the way promotion/relegation works from this season to the next.

At the end of last season the later games lost their impact a bit because it wasn't clear what position I needed to be in for promotion, or how many players would be going up, then in the end people jumped about all over the place. I know it's never going to go smoothly with people dropping out/joining between seasons but it would be good if the structure could be maintained as much as possible.

I did keep the leagues are close to the official promotion/play off spots as possible. The move back to 12 teams happened since we only went to 10 for season 13 due to the mad rush from PES2008 not giving enough time to get more people involved. We'll be sticking with 12 for the foreseeable.

Add to that the fact that league two was 90% made up of new guys and not people who were there based on skill, then they had to be moved several leagues in order to maintain the balance. If I leave decent players in lower leagues then their chances of winning the title are much higher than other people in the league, which is unfair on those who are there on skill.

Being in the bottom league you were much more likely to be affected, since any gaps in the leagues above resonate downwards. Add the move to 12 teams per league into the mix and I'm sure you appreciate that there was always gonna be an impact.

This season everyone is basically in their rightful places (assuming my long hours playing *every* new guy to get an idea of their skill level was not wasted) and natural promotions/relegations should happen.

Hows about, if you're picking your local team and they're not amazing then you should be allowed to re-pick them!

:P

i think u should pick barca and let saint have chelsea :( lol imagine u with barca after a season with pompey will be amazing stuff :D

I got a couple -

Promotion/Relegation Play-offs

The team finishing 10th in the league above (i.e Premiership) plays in play-offs with 3rd,4th and 5th in the league below (i.e championship) and the winner gets promoted or stays in the divison depending on the winner.

Special Goat!

Goat Keeper gets first pick to improve his chances of winning more games :D

This is just for one season to mark the 15th anniversary of the league. Obviously the more outlandish ideas would be far too impacting on the league, but some subtle change that makes it 'different' is entirely workable.

Ah! I must have missed something then.

In that case, bottom six finishers have to fist each other.

And top 6 get to watch.

i shall lose on purpose!

Add a 23rd game where you randomly play somebody that could be from any division.

2 of u travel to another part of the world in a major city and play each other :)