Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Whilst getting last minute christmas bits I passed a local british heart foundation and spotted a familiar portable console in the window so had a gander!

mK2gUl.jpg

This little lot cost me around £12, so that makes a nice little christmas present to myself :) Game boy is a bit grubby but once cleaned up it will be pretty minty

A guy I know mentioned he was busy sorting through his old consoles and stick them on Gumtree, so I went to see him today...

All he wanted was £20 for the lot! £20 bloody quid?!!!

I rushed to squeeze it all in my MX5 before he changed his mind!

You lucky bastard. Is that Street Fighter Alpha 2 in there?

I also had a PS1 birds eye view shooter style game with the red blue 3D glasses, good times. If anyone can remember what that may have been called it would be great!

Contra on the ps1 had 3d glasses, it was a sort of overhead view. Also probably safe to say its the worst game in the contra series.

Not found anything for a long old time, but got Pokemon Fire Red, Ruby and Gold carts only from Crime Generators for £1.99 each. The clock battery on the Ruby has failed and the Gold's battery is completely dead, but I know someone brave enough to fix that. Fire Red is perfect, mind.

No...

Head to Grand Central, next to Barcelona Bar, go downstairs and you'll see loads of pop up shops, they'll be right in front of you with the door round the back: https://www.facebook.com/levelupgamestore?fref=ts

They have a decent collection of retro stuff plus current gen goodies. There's a box of untested consoles without cables if you're ever on the lookout for parts. They're not cheap but they'll be cheaper than ebay once you factor in postage, plus you get the piece of mind of stuff actually working.

Firstly just want to wish a belated Happy New Year to all who frequent one of my favourite corners of the forum.

Thought I'd start the New Year off gently with the following recent charity shop find (all £1 each, in great condition and from same shop)

41DD912E-CF03-4F94-A23B-41B14413729D-254-0000002575D01C14.jpg

Ultima Underworld Gold Pack

Hand of Fate - 3.5" Disk version

The Daedalus Encounter - FMV Shitefest starring Tia Carrera :)

...and a complete Robotech DVD Boxset.

Here's hoping for a good 2013!

I've been into Level Up a few times - they have some alright stuff, but unless you're stuck for inspiration it's not worth making an effort for. Nothing is cheaper than eBay, and they don't really have too many rarities. Nice shop though, and the staff seem friendly enough, so definitely worth poking your head in if you're in town with time to kill.

I disagree, their Sega stuff has always been reasonably priced and if you ask, they'll keep an eye out for whatever you might be after. Plus you get to trade your retro stuff somewhere that isn't CEX.

Found an Amiga 600 and 500 in the loft. The 600 is temperamental and the picture wobbles, the 500 seems to boot up fine and tune in fine, but the eject on the disk drive is a bit wonky. It's got loads of pirated games, a few originals. Would anyone be interested in the lot?

Went into CEX today And they had loads of the same copies of the FF series games on PS2. About 20 copies of each game. Same scenario with RE4 on the GameCube. I wonder where they're picking up this stock..!?