Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

I think I drew a spaceship in blue biro on the front of my speccy manual. All these pics makes me want to get all of mine out of the loft. Sorta wished I hadnt sold a massive job lot of speccy and c64 games a few years ago.

Alien is a great find, the manual is excellent!

Yeah that was actually all I was originally after.. but when the guy said the price for the lot.. who was I to resist.

The manuals still in perfect condition too.

Went out today for the first time in aaaages. So little around. I was genuinely surprised. Just endless rows of FIFAs.

I miss the glory days of the early noughties. Booting was immense back then.

hey guys, long time no see! Been going and had some good days, but today I actually got some gems for the collection :)

here is what we picked up today...

d3R9NQ5.jpg?1?5251

Top left to bottom right-

boxed Poppy pong clone - £1
POWER ZOIDS "Tank" - Free
Pokemon folder - £2
Star Wars Battlefront - 50p
Silent Hill HD - £5
Legend of Mana - £5
Bubble bobble + Oddworld - £1
Super smash Brothers Brawl - £3
Super Mario Btothers Wii - £3
Lunar Dragon Song (ntsc)- £2.50
Children of Mana (ntsc)- £2.50
Arc the Lad collection, complete- £20
Zelda DS Case - £1
Valkyrie Profile - £3
Dragonquest 8 (ntsc limited ed)- £7
Valkyria chronicles 2 - £2
Pokemon Emerald - £1
Pokemon Ruby - £1

Nice finds Fizzycat !

Don't know if you are into Zoids, their prices fluctate a lot on ebay, but a boxed tank Powerzoid can do quite well.

That one looks in good condition too, not bad for free !

Great finds Fizzycat

Looking forwards to see what he brings U-1!

Ended up a total anti-climax.. The guy apparently sold them to someone else during the week! :( Still don't know what they were, probably best it stays that way.

Man, I remember having that zoid. Played with it loads. No 50 shades today. I did get 2 game gears (1 boxed) with power adaptors, about 6 complete game gear games including wonderboy and the dragons trap, micro machines 96 turbo, mega bomberman both complete and golden sun cart only all for £14.

I haven't been to many car boots this year and I rarely pick up anything decent, but I managed a badly scratched up copy if Warhammer Battle March (360) for a fiver (still untested) and a Wii with 2 wiimotes/nunchucks for £20, which was a surprise. Amazingly, it works.

Disappointing day. All I got was :

Gameboy colour with super mario dx £3

Baldurs gate & SVC Chaos for Xbox £1 each

Star Wars : knights of the old republic 2 for xbox 50p

Die Hard Trilogy £1

Massive box of HeMan and other random action figures £4

Disappointing day. All I got was :

Gameboy colour with super mario dx £3

Baldurs gate & SVC Chaos for Xbox £1 each

Star Wars : knights of the old republic 2 for xbox 50p

Die Hard Trilogy £1

Massive box of HeMan and other random action figures £4

Post pics of the He-man stuff, so we can see what we can identify !

Yesterday I got a Game gear, 2 games, carry case and battery pack - £5.00

The battery pack is huge and has a belt clip, so you can walk around with it plugged into your game gear looking cool.

also got Killzone for a quid.

popped out again this morning as i was up early. but very little of interest

Mario and Yoshi GB -£1.00

Kirbys Dreamland GB £1.00

Tomb Raider ps1 - 50p

Angel of Darkness - £1.00

Ive yet to find a copy of angel of darkness which isnt knackered in some way, I assume this is because the owners smashed their copies in rage after playing it.

Nothing doing at my local. It seems to me that retro gaming is now one of the hardest things to actually find at a car boot. I got some great old records and cds, a few blu-rays and books. But only retro gaming thing I got was True Crime Tin Edition for £1,

Got frig all apart from abuse from the woman who takes the money at the entrance who took the piss out of my posh accent. I live in Dudley.

lol. August bank holiday, we'll fill the car or get badly sunburnt trying.

not from a car boot but just got a nice little sega cd haul for free from my neighbor

Sega Classics Arcade Collection

Thunderhawk

Tomcat Alley

Dracula Unleashed

Sol-Feace/Cobra Command

I swear someone from Sega ran into a meeting one day and said "I've got an idea! Sol-Feace and Cobra Command, but on a CD!" and there was someone a bit drunk in there so they made a whole system and enough copies of the game so everyone who had ever heard of a videogame could have a copy of it, regardless of whether they owned a Mega CD or not. Then that person got a job setting up branches of Starbucks and no-one spoke of the whole silly situation ever again.

It also replaced the traditional fortune cookie in all Chinese takeaways ordered in 47 countries around the world for a period of up to 9 years. Nations included the UK, USA, Latvia and Madagascar (where it currently is considered legal tender).

Anyone know any details on the transformer ? - it's dated 1984 bandi

believe thats macross/robotech? I know they released a macross figure under the transformer brand in the west with the name jetfire, so might be him :)

also yeah will post again with my gets soon :)

Cheers - that jet fire was a great find for me, I'm not a transformers collector at all but I had the same figure in a grey colourway with a broken gun on the helmet - it's in excellent condition compared to Jetfire which is sadly very worn...so I swapped the guns over.

Anyone know the name of this one ? All the makers marks are in Japanese for some reason, i bought it about 8 years ago when I used to advertise for games and starwars figures in the yellow paper....Also I'd love to get a correct weapon for it, if anyone can direct me to a website that sells them (original or repo) id be very grateful ...and what the weapons name is ?

Many thanks

post-21945-0-80100700-1368368769_thumb.j

Cheers - that jet fire was a great find for me, I'm not a transformers collector at all but I had the same figure in a grey colourway with a broken gun on the helmet - it's in excellent condition compared to Jetfire which is sadly very worn...so I swapped the guns over.

Anyone know the name of this one ? All the makers marks are in Japanese for some reason, i bought it about 8 years ago when I used to advertise for games and starwars figures in the yellow paper....Also I'd love to get a correct weapon for it, if anyone can direct me to a website that sells them (original or repo) id be very grateful ...and what the weapons name is ?

Many thanks

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's a Macross VF 1S Valkyrie. Judging from the dark colour of grey it should be a Takatoku version ( early to mid 80s) the weapon you need to add to it is a GU-11 gunpod, which is identical to Jetfires gun. The scale should you find one is 1/55. Obviously 1/60 or 1/72 scale recasts would be too small

Well, I may aswell end my carboot hopes of gaming goodies. A guy down the road has opened a retro store and is at the local carboots (sending his staff to ones he cant make it to) first thing in the morning hoovering all the stuff up. He's also now all over local facebook groups hoovering anything up that appears at a decent price. Shame.