rllmuk

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Annoyingly, the box of power adaptors has two Mac Mini adaptors, not the power cables for the two smaller monitor. The bigger monitor is completely broken. One tower doesn't work properly, randomly freezes and cuts out. The other is fine though!

They came from a rather large web company nearby. There's over 700GB of client data, emails, photos, web sites and other confidential stuff. I've contacted them to get my cash back and I'll give them the machines back without reporting to their clients or the ICO that they're selling old machines that haven't been secure wiped.

• Upvote 4
6 hours ago, rocksteady said:

WTF!!!

Yeah it annoyed me with the amount of issues, figured since it was coming from someone representing a local company then they'd make an effort to test the stuff. 

Then finding all of the data on there just caught me off guard. Messaged her and she just text back saying "can't you just delete it?"

I told her sure I can, but that doesn't get over the fact that you've sold me a bunch of scrap metal filled with confidential data. I suggest you just give me the cash back and I return the machines to you.

• Upvote 1

still boxing up the collection for the garage.

there's a nes soc 500-in-1, and loose.carts in the box too.WP_20180304_003.thumb.jpg.3ad30b6b2cacfefa134eac7e99ab6538.jpg

just the aes, ngcds, gamecube, and master system to go. Then it's carpet, window, furniture, and bring it all back in again...

3 hours ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Don't know whether you can see this but I need to clear out my loft to have some work done so if there is anything anyone needs give me a shout.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNhz8lb8R2QunEfy31te5gDS2ocZvt8NZ1mqDdvbNO6lMjZmLCv4R9TNzYxR8S1Sg?key=LXNENTBBRGdCOFp4UmRlRzFzQklQLV9VWFFudlBB

I’d be interested in the c64 stuff too!

55 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Messaged about the Xbox controllers

Xbox controllers sold. Still have the Xbox to usb cable for softmodding if anyone needs it.

Also added C64 game pictures to album.

Got my money back on the stuff. The lassie actually put it in her car, drove to the other side of the carpark and sold it to someone else.  So on my way out I drove past, hung out the window and shouted over to him that one tower was fucked and the monitors were fucked or had no power cables. The lassie looked like a rabbit in headlights and the bloke looked annoyed. Willing to bet he wasn't told of the issues.

• Upvote 4
On 07/03/2018 at 11:34, Mr Tony said:

Got my money back on the stuff. The lassie actually put it in her car, drove to the other side of the carpark and sold it to someone else.  So on my way out I drove past, hung out the window and shouted over to him that one tower was fucked and the monitors were fucked or had no power cables. The lassie looked like a rabbit in headlights and the bloke looked annoyed. Willing to bet he wasn't told of the issues.

Maybe she told him about all the confidential details on the working tower and that's what he was interested in. You missed a golden opportunity for possible blackmail or other such profitable crimes there. 

• Upvote 1

Picked up jsrf on the Xbox from Porthmadog while I’m in Wales, £3 but missing the cover.

there was a box box, Monty Python’s Holy Grail on the Macintosh, but I’ve got limited space to bring things back on the train so left it on the shelf.

• 2 weeks later...

Crash was almost a pamphlet at this point,  having sacrificed its pages to the tape distribution gods, but it introduced me to so many great games via its covertape. The 1991 relaunch was just amazing.

Speaking of which, someone has a £256.87 (+£7 delivery) hole in their wallet at the moment.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amtix-Issues-0-18-in-Binders-All-Near-Mint-Newsfield-Crash-Zzap64/132543393101

9 hours ago, knightbeat said:

Crash was almost a pamphlet at this point,  having sacrificed its pages to the tape distribution gods, but it introduced me to so many great games via its covertape. The 1991 relaunch was just amazing.

Wasn't the relaunch 1990? I remember being so excited to see Wanted: Monty Mole and Mooncresta on the cover tapes. There were some amazing titles on the cover tapes during the final few years. Before the days of eBay, this was really the only way to get hold of out of print Spectrum games. Although Spectrum games were starting to appear at car boot sales by this time, too.

4 hours ago, roberthazelby said:

Wasn't the relaunch 1990? I remember being so excited to see Wanted: Monty Mole and Mooncresta on the cover tapes. There were some amazing titles on the cover tapes during the final few years. Before the days of eBay, this was really the only way to get hold of out of print Spectrum games. Although Spectrum games were starting to appear at car boot sales by this time, too.

Relaunch was 1989. The first issue with regular covertapes had less than a third of the page count of the previous issue, and loads of the regular features had been dumped without announcement.