Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Yup Street Racer is 4 player on Snes with all windows being horizontal. Has a football mini game too.

Saturn and PlayStation are up to 8 players using two multitaps. I think the Saturn version is the best version (essentially the game design favours the Saturn hardware and its strength with rotating backgrounds etc)

On 28/05/2018 at 12:13, Theholyhogg said:

Wow love stuff like that I don't mind paying over the odds for some things if they're in mint condition,

And most of the games have already gone that I bought sorry guys :rolleyes:

Dino crisis 2 is ace, I remember unlocking a tank on it! 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this weekend has held some more recent treasure, so far the highlights are :-

Wii U and 3 games - £40

PS Vita OLED, 3.60 fw, 16gb memory car and FIFA 13 cart - £45

12GB PS3 Super Slim ( no leads or pad but working fine ) - £8

Ponyo on Ghost in the Shell ( 2017 live action ) - £1 each ( both of which I have wanted to watch again and for the 1st time respectively ).

Cards Against Humanity, used but tidy condition - £3

There are lots of other buys, but none as bargainous as the ones above, this weekend has seen 1 boot yesterday and 4 today, roughly 200 miles driven and a 4:30 am alarm set for both days, as for if it was worth it.... I'll let you know after I've had a nap :p

• Upvote 4

As usual round these parts, when the Sun's out, the car boots turn to shit and get rammed with dealers and the great unwashed. Slim pickings for two weeks now. 

Did find an Xbox one G2 controller tho for £12.

2 hours ago, X_2_0 said:

4:30 start! You deserve some bargains for that! 

Saturday AND Sunday alarms went of at 4:30, tomorrow I am staying the fuck in bed till at least 9 :p
Especially as I'll be off to my mates in a bit to check out Microsofts E3 event, talked over by Giant Bomb.

Watched Ghost in the Shell ( 2017 ) erm... I think I need to rewatch it, it made bugger all scense, and I've seen and understood the original !!

• Upvote 2

It is quite a thing really. Going to let the boy have it on his desk for his youtube channel I think. Not that anyone that follows him would have the first idea what it was mind.....Must get hold of some massive batteries.

1 hour ago, marsh said:

It is quite a thing really. Going to let the boy have it on his desk for his youtube channel I think. Not that anyone that follows him would have the first idea what it was mind.....Must get hold of some massive batteries.

You can use normal AA if they are the same voltage, just wedge them in with something non conductive, it's OK for testing if it powers up but won't hold up to tough play sessions.

Thanks, clearly higher build standards than an xbox 360 as it all works perfectly. Happy days, knocked out a 2200 score before the double a's were launched across the room by the springs like a pair of missiles.

• Upvote 2
On 13/03/2018 at 09:35, Lorfarius said:

Someone just gave me this completely out of the blue at work today. It's been sat in an attic since the 90's. They couldn't find any games or leads, no idea if it even works:

20180313_081142.jpg

A few years back I sold my now deceased grandfathers +3 at a car boot. Wish I hadnt now.

Yeah it still takes old 10ps too! 

It it has come with a Jamma loom which Isn't attached, looks a bit daunting doing that. 

Going to try and clean the board up and see if that helps with the glitches 

oh yeah it weighs an absolute ton too. Was going to put it in my games room but that's up two flights of stairs so might rethink that.

Alex Kidd boxed does seem to sell for a fair bit. The game was built into most master systems meaning most people didn't need to buy it. I think the most common game on master system (in Europe at least) is sonic the hedgehog if we're talking boxed games.

• Upvote 3