rllmuk

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Just picked this little lot up from Facebook for nowt.

Guy told me the pc’s are ‘top of the range’ but methinks it’ll be playing stuff like Command and Conquer instead ;) 

It was their teenage sons stuff so let’s get the anti bac out for the pc’s ;) 

EB43B7EC-E2AB-41F9-962E-1C3BFC410CE1.jpeg

A0882886-DD26-4433-B420-FC1773B6A658.jpeg

• Upvote 7
12 hours ago, Bluejam said:

Just picked this little lot up from Facebook for nowt.

Guy told me the pc’s are ‘top of the range’ but methinks it’ll be playing stuff like Command and Conquer instead ;) 

It was their teenage sons stuff so let’s get the anti bac out for the pc’s ;) 

EB43B7EC-E2AB-41F9-962E-1C3BFC410CE1.jpeg

A0882886-DD26-4433-B420-FC1773B6A658.jpeg

I’m just thinking about the poor guy that gonna return from Uni in a few years, go rummaging for his swag only to find out his dad gave it all away.

1 hour ago, Goemon said:

I’m just thinking about the poor guy that gonna return from Uni in a few years, go rummaging for his swag only to find out his dad gave it all away.

Ha, I did think that but he was happy to give it all away apparently.

Until I find a load of filth on the hard drives :lol:

Got a nice brainwave “was exclusive to Tandy “ boxed Commodore 64C this morning, yet to get it tested as me and the Mrs have gone to a steam punk rally :-p

looked nice for £10 though, apart from that it’s been all quiet on the car boot finds lately :-(

• Upvote 1

Last two weeks have brought

Wii mini £3

3 Xbox 360s, no controllers but all work £11

Xbox 360 slim 4gb with controller £10

Wii with balance board with 12 games £10

Plenty of trading fodder honestly, not much for the collection.

Was blue balled today, there's a dealer who runs a house clearance stall. He just dumps everything out in crates from the houses he clears. Today I discovered 10+ boxed NES games in a bag, titles like Zelda, Megaman, ghouls and ghosts, bad dudes, etc. But he wouldn't sell them to me! Wanted to consult the internet for their prices first and threw them under a cloth. He did the same to me last week when I pulled a boxed zx81 out of a box.

• Empathy 1
50 minutes ago, Bluejam said:

Time to have a looksie inside one of the pcs I got.

nice!

Already posted this in another thread (Retro pc challenge) but these are the specs, any good for pc gaming peeps?

F19FA0EF-D580-4B86-AAB2-98A22D4B0476.jpeg

4239987A-9E59-45D9-ACAA-DE69E6EAC827.jpeg

Anything weird or wonderful on the drives?

• Upvote 1

Going through some old photos and found what will forever be my best pickup.  £100 all in for 16 x Master System Games and 29 x Megadrive games - a pretty good bargain no matter what the titles really...but within that....

IMG_1236.thumb.JPG.7d74c7f90060aefd1a633d4a193d97db.JPG

.....I almost cried.

• Upvote 7
11 hours ago, SeanR said:

EBoaKhPXsAAF2TH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Wii PES2008 £2.75

1995 Tonka PotF X-wing £5

I have things to say about both of these.

I think I paid about two quid for PES back in about 2010! But it’s still a great game, very different to other football games with the Wii controls but good fun.

Two days, 5 bootsales, 2 street / garage sales and 350 miles covered, not totted up what I have spent yet, but Saturday ( 2 bootsales , 1 street sale ) was £220, left the house at 6am this morning, got back around 3 pm, shattered, definitely some choice stuff though, nothing really old, but there is definitely stuff out there to buy still !

12 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Two days, 5 bootsales, 2 street / garage sales and 350 miles covered, not totted up what I have spent yet, but Saturday ( 2 bootsales , 1 street sale ) was £220, left the house at 6am this morning, got back around 3 pm, shattered, definitely some choice stuff though, nothing really old, but there is definitely stuff out there to buy still !

Pictures of the haul?

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately all sorted and packed away on their respective shelving, there wasn't anything at all that was outstanding though, no actual treasure, just £400 ish of filler titles, the most random thing I bought on the Sunday being an Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gauntlet, it's surprisingly well made :)

39 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Aside from the mint shenmue’s I think that was a bit overpriced. 

Except if you look closely it looks like Shenmue 2 is still sealed?

Scrap that , I paid closer attention, it's just in a protector.

Looks like it might be time to get my DC collection dusted off and ebay'd if it's on the rise.

Yeah the prices for PAL stuff are getting silly, and I'm sure they will go even higher once the 20th anniversary articles start to hit around september / october.

Even stuff like Star Wars:Episode 1 Racer is hitting the £40 mark online. Daytona, Resident Evil 2, Crazy Taxi 2 and Sonic Adventure 2 are all around £30 + now if they are mint. I got lucky and got a copy of Dynamite Cop on an ebay BIN for £27.50 a few days ago but even that is consistently fetching £50+ and that was a launch title. Skies of Arcadia is getting expensive. Project Justice is well over £100 now.