rllmuk
Cecil Kay

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

37 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

What's Crash Bandicoot going for these days? :P

Less than I paid :-p

• Upvote 2

Found these collection of big box PC games earlier there is a boxed Gravis Game Pad in there too which came with a free copy of Commander Keen.

I'm happy that Sam and Max and Day of the Tentacle are in there too.

Screenshot_20200629-211133.jpg

• Upvote 3

Nice bunch of games. Lucas arts in their pomp.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

Thunderhawk is a great game. So smooth for a 16bit flight sim. I always thought of it as kinda the sequel to Retaliator. Or kindred spirit!

Wasn't Retaliator great? Loved that game.

1 hour ago, new666uk said:

Wasn't Retaliator great? Loved that game.

It was fantastic! :wub: Spent months gawping at mag reviews and when it finally got released it was all it was hyped up to be.

Picked up a very nice Sony 14" CRT TV from Freecycle this morning as an upgrade to my Panasonic one. Pretty good geometry for a change but no remote yet, £5 on eBay has sorted that.

I went booting !!!!

Just my local little one, but, got a whole bunch of tatt that I am still sorting through.

PS2 original, bunch of crap games - £5

360 4GB Slim console 6 games, no pad - £13

DS Lite mixed bundle of crap games, Tomodachi Life 3ds - £12

Kindle 4th Gen and an Apple Magic Mouse series 1 - £8

PS4 red controller, rattling from where the rumble motor bracket had snapped ( All fixed with super glue and the wires soldered back into place  now ) plus a T80 PS3/4 wheel - £12

Aspire ES1 531 Laptop, has a row of dead pixels from top to bottom ( didn't notice this before buying :-(   ) - £40

Samsung A5 - £10 ( Mum's birthday gift sorted )

Rayman Legends PS3, Resident Evil Outbreak PS2 - £3

Some Hornby controllers for trains - £5

I left a pair of Samsung Tab devices at £20 each ( Stupidly ), and some other bits n bobs, but didn't want to buy everything.

It wwas a slog getting up early ahgain, but everyone was mostly sensible, saw plenty of masks.

Over heard one woman talking to another, saying "Yeah, and people in masks never get out of the way, they just barge into you" So I loudly stated " Not all of us do love!" as I walked round her at a very generous 2m!!

• Upvote 2

On 29/06/2020 at 20:52, MikeBeaver said:

Less than I paid :-p

I got that joke

• Upvote 1

On 23/06/2020 at 13:00, mikejenkins said:

I normally look at recently sold items which gives a good guide to what they are actually selling, list at or around that and they sell quickly. With collector stuff it is whatever someone will pay for it at a particular time, and with no previously sold data the only reference pricing is the very high priced stuff hoping for a desperate collector. Having looked at this lot, most of the stuff that has sold via auction sells for low prices, whereas BIN sold prices are a lot higher. 

I have often wondered how many people pay high prices for this sort of stuff so now I will find out I guess. 

In case anyone's interested in the state of the "collector" market, two weeks after listing my 43 games I have sold through buy it now:

Lightgun and 2 games for £40

Defender of the Crown in squashed box for £12

7x budget (but generally good) games to the same guy for £75

Dungeon Master pack for £99

Lightgun sold on the first day, DOTC a few days after and the other stuff all sold this week. Nothing else has sold so far.

• Upvote 3

brb, checking for new ebay listings of the above.

#flippers

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mikejenkins said:

7x budget (but generally good) games to the same guy for £75

Dungeon Master pack for £99

Interesting! What were the 7 budget games? They can't of been Hit Squad, surely!?

1 minute ago, gizmo1990 said:

Interesting! What were the 7 budget games? They can't of been Hit Squad, surely?

Prince of Persia goes for a pretty penny...

6 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Prince of Persia goes for a pretty penny...

Was that released on a budget label?

Edit: Of course it was, Ocean. :rolleyes: They must have done a deal with Domark

43 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Interesting! What were the 7 budget games? They can't of been Hit Squad, surely!?

There were a few Codemasters Dizzy clones, a couple of Hit Squad Games, a Kixx and a Hi Tec Yogi Bear game. This included stuff like NZS, Rainbow Islands and Robocod. 

It’s covered the (cough) pounds I spent on an old Amiga accelerator. 

Who was the lucky bastard that bought a faulty boxed Neo Geo and 4 boxed carts in Bristol for £40 off facebook?

Cause it wasn't me. AAARGH

Screenshot_20200711-125304.png

Holy shit somebody's stuck it up on eBay already at a crazy price. Same box, same games, same markings. Seller is from a village down the road from Bristol.

It'd would have had a pride of place in my living room. What a twat

Screenshot_20200711-203342.png

well, they're not getting that for it. though to be fair, none of the current listings on eBay are gold version with games...

[edit]

found one listed for £1500 plus postage

The original listing and the eBay listing are to generate some legitimacy for the non-exists to boxed gold edition console?

Most of my finds at the moment are cheap CRTs - got this unusual (white) one today for a fiver and with a bit of service menu tinkering has a cracking picture.

IMG_1956.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I normally cycle to the booty. Last Sunday, a regular seller had a brand new Toshiba 14" CRT in the original box. Bought it for a tenner then walked 2 miles balancing it on my handlebars to home. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, ucci said:

I normally cycle to the booty. Last Sunday, a regular seller had a brand new Toshiba 14" CRT in the original box. Bought it for a tenner then walked 2 miles balancing it on my handlebars to home. 

That's pretty impressive, I thought I was doing well getting the unboxed CRT in the boot of my tiny car.

Some great pickups for me recently!

Managed to get an OLED VITA with a 4GB card for £3. It's a bit beat up but works fine. Also got a 6th Gen 16GB iPod Touch in red for £10 at a bootfair this morning. 

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Managed to get an OLED VITA with a 4GB card for £3.

That's amazing! They sell for around £100 on ebay

• Upvote 1

On 11/07/2020 at 20:38, Spartan said:

Holy shit somebody's stuck it up on eBay already at a crazy price. Same box, same games, same markings. Seller is from a village down the road from Bristol.

It'd would have had a pride of place in my living room. What a twat

Screenshot_20200711-203342.png

Could someone had let the seller know how much it was worth?.Hence the ebay auction.

I still kicked myself for missing out on a Game and Watch collection for 100

13 minutes ago, knightbeat said:

That's amazing! They sell for around £100 on ebay

Yeah, it's bashed to fuck, but not the end of the world. Especially not at that price!

A few more from my parent's loft. Apart from a few games I stupidly gave away for half nothing (Pikmin 2, Mario Kart Double Dash and Tales of Symphonia), I've got all my GC games from days of yore. The Battalion Wars is still sealed!

The GC times were weird for me, I loved the console, but I was in a pretty bad place emotionally so I've got a load of games I either barely played, or almost finished then stopped playing! So weird!

I never bought the GC Star Fox games, Smash Bros or Luigi's Mansion though!

IMG_5468.thumb.jpeg.32f926cc421fdb3675828cd0467e0c80.jpegB

• Upvote 5

I was in my loft earlier and saw my GCN component cable again. I’ve been meaning to sell it for 5 years+ but never got around to it, maybe this is the year!? Redundancy should be a motivator 

• Empathy 1