Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

10 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

I was in my loft earlier and saw my GCN component cable again. I’ve been meaning to sell it for 5 years+ but never got around to it, maybe this is the year!? Redundancy should be a motivator 

I sold mine a couple of weeks ago for £150. Madness, considering I can play my GC games on my Wii or modded Wii U. 

8 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

I sold mine a couple of weeks ago for £150. Madness, considering I can play my GC games on my Wii or modded Wii U. 

The game component cable is sought after because it outputs the best image quality.

4 hours ago, Jazz Glands said:

It’s not £150 better. Particularly when you can everything in HD through Dolphin too. 

Personal opinion I suppose. I’d stack up the official lead and a crt monitor any day against dolphin, but I get where you are coming from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did a clear out of stuff in the shed and found an OG Gameboy, boxed with cables and everything plus a few complete Atari ST games (the box art :wub:):

Laser Squad

Ghouls and Ghosts

Black Tiger

I’ve no idea when I bought these but they’ve just sat in a box for a while so they’re going on eBay. The GB (in good nick and working fine) seems to be reasonably valuable but I’ve no idea about the ST games- any advice would be appreciated!

C1BAC61B-C716-47FB-81D9-C586A55EAF23.jpeg

1 hour ago, friedgold said:

Did a clear out of stuff in the shed and found an OG Gameboy, boxed with cables and everything plus a few complete Atari ST games (the box art :wub:):

Laser Squad

Ghouls and Ghosts

Black Tiger

I’ve no idea when I bought these but they’ve just sat in a box for a while so they’re going on eBay. The GB (in good nick and working fine) seems to be reasonably valuable but I’ve no idea about the ST games- any advice would be appreciated!

I recently put a load of ST games on eBay as buy it now and used recently sold prices as a guide where they existed. This will allow you to sell to collectors and generally get the best price, if they don’t sell you can either relist until they do or put them on as an auction and hope for the best.

I have also sold a few through sites like Amibay, most of them have gone to Europe. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2020 at 08:53, friedgold said:

Laser Squad

Ghouls and Ghosts

Black Tiger

C1BAC61B-C716-47FB-81D9-C586A55EAF23.jpeg

Oh man, remember c.1987-1992 when magazines would give games ‘awards’ which publishers would adorn the packaging of games with? It was like an early version of achievements – but for software publishers.

In the end these did very well - £36 for the games, £104 for the Game Boy and £38 for a spare copy of Pokemon Emerald I had hanging around. After flogging a copy of Half Life 2: Raising the Bar for £91 I've managed to swap all this shed junk for a new Xbox in November :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2020 at 13:21, MikeBeaver said:

Might have paid too much , but it was a slow day, and I had a spare £155 in my pocket.

was missing gyromite, but I had that anyway, and instead of duck hunt, it was mario / duck hunt double game, but it’s all there !!

887BF711-9CFA-4701-9F47-40869654C08A.jpeg

Lovely find. In all the years I was going, always wanted one of these but never found one. 

37 minutes ago, RichM said:

Lovely find. In all the years I was going, always wanted one of these but never found one. 

I saw at least one of those in the wild, 15-20 years back.

At least two Vectrexes and a couple of Commodore SX-64 portables.

Didn't buy any of them :(

I got my NES Deluxe at a boot sale decades ago for about 15 quid. As I was going to pay some guy tried to 'outbid' me. Fuck off dickhead.

I got it out recently and ROB seems to be poorly; he makes whirring sounds but that's about it. I'll look into whether it's fixable when I have some time.

Last week charity shop find:

Heroquest boardgame. Boxed and in lovely condition.

Dragonlance boardgame. Box a little squished but contents as new.

Introduction to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. Complete and unused. Figures still attached to the plastic sprue / tree.

£15 the lot.

Pics to follow when I've stopped grinning.

• 2 weeks later...

B9001608-A630-4E9F-99B3-85313D2CA211.thumb.jpeg.ee579143ea519f3983390f0b3cbdbaa2.jpeg

£2

start of that run of good pro evo games that ended with PES 4/5/6 depending on your point of view.

the boy picked up a copy of FIFA17 on PS4 for a pound. He say it’s to replace the one that was in the console when it was stolen... I keep reminding him that we have EAAccess.

16 hours ago, SeanR said:

B9001608-A630-4E9F-99B3-85313D2CA211.thumb.jpeg.ee579143ea519f3983390f0b3cbdbaa2.jpeg

£2

start of that run of good pro evo games that ended with PES 4/5/6 depending on your point of view.

the boy picked up a copy of FIFA17 on PS4 for a pound. He say it’s to replace the one that was in the console when it was stolen... I keep reminding him that we have EAAccess.

That's the one back in the day where Game decided anything sports related or with a year in the title automatically got a trade in value of a quid as soon as the next one came out.  We must have had over a hundred of them traded in before they brought the new rule in and we ended up shrink wrapping them with the latest FIFA as a freebie!

On 29/09/2020 at 09:31, Lorfarius said:

Being seeing very mixed reviews so I'm hoping I get on with them.

The two original trilogies are both great, but the quality drops off rapidly when it opens up to other authors.

23 hours ago, SeanR said:

£2

PES is still great!