Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

There's literally an eBay price man who hoovers up all the good stuff and sticks it on his stall at the one I (used to) go to. I say literally because the one and only time I asked him about the price of something on his stall he picked up his phone and checked the price on eBay.

The charity shops have opened! I went around the ones local to me this morning and there was a lot more decent stuff than usual.

I picked up:

Megadrive Mini - New £40

DSi - £8

400 game nes handheld thing £5

Corsair K55 RGB (New) and ADXM0519 combo £20 

Also found loads of good books for my daughter. The pickings were rich today!

4C3FC506-8710-425A-81D2-B18762D65EB4.jpeg

Fuck!! I forgot about charidy shops, I should have been out there!!

Nice finds though, the Mega Drive Mini's have picked up in value some what, shifted one the other week for nigh on £100!!

3 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Does it work? :p I'm in need of a screen lol

The battery is dead but it came on for a brief second. I’ve got a charger somewhere so I’ll check later

12 minutes ago, erhgiez said:

The battery is dead but it came on for a brief second. I’ve got a charger somewhere so I’ll check later

DS original  battery will fit, you just have to snip off the holding tabs on the battery ;)

2 hours ago, erhgiez said:

Just popped into one next to my house that wasn’t open earlier and the streak continues!

1F1AF4A3-C45E-44EF-B8E8-BAF3D6C4A81A.jpeg

I would buy this if you are looking to move it on. I need a forth GBA for Zelda - Four Swords!

Hey guys and gals, if anyone goes to Car boot sales can they let me know if you find any 80s he man figures. Looking to grab some old childhood memories if I can, its a long shot but not sure if you see them around weekend after weekends?.

10 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Hey guys and gals, if anyone goes to Car boot sales can they let me know if you find any 80s he man figures. Looking to grab some old childhood memories if I can, its a long shot but not sure if you see them around weekend after weekends?.

I've got 2 in a box "somewhere" I have no idea who they are, as it was last year I got them, but when I discover them, I'll shout you.

I had a pair of carrier bags full of them the year before, but those went to the wonders of eBay long ago I'm afraid :(

Just now, MikeBeaver said:

I've got 2 in a box "somewhere" I have no idea who they are, as it was last year I got them, but when I discover them, I'll shout you.

I had a pair of carrier bags full of them the year before, but those went to the wonders of eBay long ago I'm afraid :(

That be great if you can, not sure if you see them around and how much they go for.

Car boots are not back until may for us, but I just got a great find on Facebook.

Perfect condition boxed 32GB gold iPad Air 2. Cables and charger never used.

£90

2 hours ago, Tomdominer said:

I would buy this if you are looking to move it on. I need a forth GBA for Zelda - Four Swords!

They seem to have gone up in value a bit recently, was surprised to see CeX offering £43 credit on it, they seem to be going for less than that on eBay!

19 hours ago, yakumo said:

At a big boot You might see a few beat up figures, but finding big lots or good condition stuff is getting pretty rare. 

I will be keeping an eye out for them this year though!

22 minutes ago, X_2_0 said:

At a big boot You might see a few beat up figures, but finding big lots or good condition stuff is getting pretty rare. 

I will be keeping an eye out for them this year though!

I can imagine that happening, never hurts in asking:)

On 12/04/2021 at 20:04, Mr Tony said:

Car boots are not back until may for us, but I just got a great find on Facebook.

Perfect condition boxed 32GB gold iPad Air 2. Cables and charger never used.

£90

Are you selling?

59 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

Lovely weather here in York. Bought a bunch of CDs and a few kids books. Only retro stuff I spotted was someone selling old Amstrad tapes, not my scene. 

Ah I was in York too this morning.  5.30 start to get there for 7.  Felt I got there a little early as the traders wewre still unloading their goods as I walked around.  The family traders only really started unpacking later. SO I went round the pro field first. Was interesting.  Plenty of little bits that would be nice in the house but not much computer stuff. I got Devil May Cry and Timesplitters on PS2 for £1 each which I'm happy with.   Went back to the traders field for one last look and by then some of them had got some games out. One of them was clearly an ebay/shop owner. He had hundreds of DS/Ps3/Ps4/360/Xbox One games. Some resealed up.  Nothing I would call a bargain.  Kinda regretting not picking up some of the PSP games he was selling.  It was mostly junk apart from a game I quite enjoyed (LocoRoco). Thought it would look nice on my shelf but decided to be sensible and not bother.  Kind of thought later for 4 quid I should have just got it but it's not exactly bargain territory. Seemed very ebay price already.

Wife was supposed to come with me but she chickened out last minute. Shame, there was lot of old funiture and an old wooden mechanical music box she might have liked.   Will probs go again next week with her.