IGNORED

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Cecil Kay

3 hours ago, erhgiez said:

Why would someone tip them off to thousands of pounds potentially to be made. It sounds pretty fake to me. The games are clean surrounded by utter filth, it’s almost as if they have just been placed there…

Have to disagree, if you watch the video the owner explains why and from watching other thrift youtube videos, you do see these kinds of homes where they have a house sale and everything has to go before it gets sold. It may sound unbelievable but it does happen, and plus I don't think those guy would even have the inventory to even attempt this as a fake stunt.

Been a lean few weeks for retro stuff. Some nice pickups today though, dealers had rinsed a store hours earlier as the boot opens at 5am but I found an official Nintendo Gamecube RGB scart cable and Frankie Dettori Racing on Xbox, £2 the pair (Game weirdly is worth some money, it's a very late Xbox release). Had a fat ps3 for £10 also but it looks like the lasers dead, may fix that up though.

Local junk shop seems to have an Intellivision in the window. Haven’t seen one of those in a while.

Box looks in pretty good shape as well. Fresh out of a loft? Needs saving before it fades in that window! Also, I have a soft spot for Intelly Imagic boxes. A lovely shiny Atlantis there.

On 10/08/2021 at 13:09, Protocol Penguin said:

A6D2E921-0249-4FEC-8463-158653A8CBC7.thumb.jpeg.81fbf9b04be6ebd88720fa237dd6b0d6.jpeg

Any ideas what can be done with this? Doesn’t work; has a ZX80 power supply. Have zero expertise about repairing anything like this, if I’m being honest.

Funnily enough I have a power pack for this so if you want it out your way give me a shout! 

22 hours ago, Swainy said:

VOhaS0R.jpg

Managed to pick up Firefox F-7 for £30, it’s certainly not in as nice condition as the Astro Wars that I was fortunate enough to find the other week sadly. However, it still plays well despite the odd scratch on the screen. It’s also missing the battery cover :(

This was my first game.  It was a hand me down from my brother, I still have it somewhere, in it's very worn box, with some high scores written on the inside in felt pen.

I also have a weak memory of buying one at a boot sale, and reminiscing on how much I loved it, then a couple of years later being handed the original one by my mum, but I've never seen the 2 of them in 1 place, and have no idea where either is, so, yeah, I might have 2, I might have none, but whatever the case is, I loved it!

Picked up a PS3 with 20 games and 2 controllers for £15 on Facebook.  Sold without a power cable but with a video of it powering up.  Turns out...  Every single aspect of the package was faulty. Disk drive didn't work, each controller doesn't charge....  What a swiz.  But the games! Some crackers there. Just need a PS3 to play them on.

23 minutes ago, memories said:

Yeah can't imagine that getting a release these days under that name.

I remember it as a PS3 game vaguely, didn't even know it had a PSP release.

Pretty sure it was a PSP title first.

I’m sure that under a different name, the game where you try to stop the other team kidnapping your princess by feeding her so much she becomes obese would’ve flown under the radar. :lol: 

On 02/10/2021 at 16:19, gossi the dog said:

Found this in a GameStop of all places 

D9B67947-0D8B-443A-82F3-1F207FD85F0C.png

I saw a video recently which listed this as one of the wii u games increasing in value so that's a good find. I assume it's an on rails shooter from the video I've seen but can you use the wii u remote as a gun. I can't recall many light gun games on the wii u off hand.

2 hours ago, crocked said:

I saw a video recently which listed this as one of the wii u games increasing in value so that's a good find. I assume it's an on rails shooter from the video I've seen but can you use the wii u remote as a gun. I can't recall many light gun games on the wii u off hand.

You can

Boots are slowing down as the seasons change. Still, today's finds were mostly newer gen trade fodder or stuff I'll repair for my own use

2x wireless 360 pads, £1

New in box Nintendo 3DS XL charging dock 20p (appears to be quite rare weirdly?)

Stack of common PS3, 360 and Xbox one titles for £5. 

PS3 camera 50p

Gameboy advance + 6 generic carts (very rough shape, gonna mod it with an ips screen and new shell, couldn't justify doing it my own one), sonic generations and SF IV on 3ds, £15 for all 3

Found a 8bitdo sn30 pro+ new in box in a local crime converter for £20 yesterday

I've managed to pick up some nice 360 games from charity shops this week:

Assassin's Creed 2

Rainbow Six - Vegas

Gears of War 2

Gears of War 3

Halo: Reach

Halo 4

Prototype 2

Far Cry 3

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Dragon's Dogma

All complete in excellent condition. The most I paid for a title was £3. The biggest bargain was for Rainbow and Gears 2 from the YMCA shop - two for 50P. TWO FOR 50p! I was amazed by that!

I would've posted photos but the file limit doesn't like them.

• 4 weeks later...