IGNORED

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Cecil Kay

On 18/04/2022 at 17:28, MikeJ said:

My dad: "The boat club found a load of old computers in their loft, do you want them?"

The "old computers":

IMG_0946.jpeg

IMG_0949.jpeg

IMG_0950.jpeg

id be interested in that motherboard, cou, ram and hdd if you’re intending on scrapping the pc. 

23 minutes ago, Droo said:

id be interested in that motherboard, cou, ram and hdd if you’re intending on scrapping the pc. 

All of those parts (except the ram) are smashed and banana shaped unfortunately. The RAM looks like it’s 2 sticks of 16MB EDO SIMM. 

D30740B6-A42C-4E19-ADC4-3C58925CAACC.jpeg

C7802A9C-DBF7-401F-973A-F99129566EF9.jpeg

47 minutes ago, MikeJ said:

All of those parts (except the ram) are smashed and banana shaped unfortunately. The RAM looks like it’s 2 sticks of 16MB EDO SIMM. 

D30740B6-A42C-4E19-ADC4-3C58925CAACC.jpeg

C7802A9C-DBF7-401F-973A-F99129566EF9.jpeg

my money is on that still working. 

id take a punt. 

Mostly baby clothes at ours today, which is handy as we need stuff for the wee lad. Got him a wee leather bomber jacket for 50p!

Also found this old thing for a couple of quid too:

38CB68BC-E627-43F2-90DE-B90F204FAEFA.thumb.jpeg.f7b07255e9ccb3faebe81f7547174d74.jpeg

1 hour ago, T Pot said:

Mostly baby clothes at ours today, which is handy as we need stuff for the wee lad. Got him a wee leather bomber jacket for 50p!

Also found this old thing for a couple of quid too:

38CB68BC-E627-43F2-90DE-B90F204FAEFA.thumb.jpeg.f7b07255e9ccb3faebe81f7547174d74.jpeg

That’s a lovely little thing! Does it work?

19 minutes ago, Pistol said:

That’s a lovely little thing! Does it work?

dunno yet, I’ll try when the boy is in bed later. It’s in perfect condition and has the original charger & user guide too. 

Can’t believe that we went, I spent a tenner and we got a cool old laptop, hat for the kid and a bunch of coats and jackets for him to sort him out until almost Xmas. pleased with todays one.

2 minutes ago, yakumo said:

I love old laptops, look at that keyboard for starters.  The trackball is awesome, is it a plug in device or comes standard?

Plugin. Mounts to the side and there's a cool wee door that covers the port when you don't have it plugged in. Guessing that's for when you are in DOS mode. 

Now I know it works, I need to figure out what to do with it.

16 minutes ago, T Pot said:

Plugin. Mounts to the side and there's a cool wee door that covers the port when you don't have it plugged in. Guessing that's for when you are in DOS mode. 

missile command vinyl wrap

2 hours ago, T Pot said:

Offline word processor, a la grrm. As yakumo said, just look at that keyboard. A million times better than any modern laptop, imo. Plus that yummy 3 1/2 drive.

8 hours ago, T Pot said:

Hes down for a nap. Play time!

2AAF31CA-B5D3-4075-990F-E568CE04E04C.thumb.jpeg.24ace32ecf0356b4e9b826772edb5460.jpeg

was there anything on the hard drive?  Love old stuff. 

also, does the disk drive work?  Be careful deleting stuff because often the rubber bands etc are decayed and it’s very difficult to get stuff on and off those machines. 

35 minutes ago, Droo said:

was there anything on the hard drive?  Love old stuff. 

also, does the disk drive work?  Be careful deleting stuff because often the rubber bands etc are decayed and it’s very difficult to get stuff on and off those machines. 

Just some old documents where someone was learning to type. Dunno about the floppy drive, no disks to test.

8 hours ago, T Pot said:

Just some old documents where someone was learning to type. Dunno about the floppy drive, no disks to test.

if you choose to flog that laptop. Id be very interested. Especially if the floppy drive works. 

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, I'm never going to play it. Anyone have any idea how much the bundle is worth?

Just gunna stick it on the forum cheap but I don't know what cheap is. :lol:

20220426_092136.thumb.jpg.fba291f503674bc429203a083fe9e7d1.jpg20220426_092151.thumb.jpg.527cf0a62ce64764922fedd8324bda55.jpg

007 Nightfire - PS2 - 50p

TOCA Race Driver 3 - Xbox - 50p

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - Xbox - 50p

Resident Evil 4 - Wii - £2

Resident Evil 6 - Xbox 360 - £2

All complete and in good condition. 

I'm quite pleased with that little haul. 

Found a 360 slim (again) but in bad shape, the drive tray was jammed open by about 3cm and wouldn't budge, seller said it was broken. Took a chance for £10 with 2 controllers as the pads were worth the money. Got home, took the rubber band off the drive mechanism with a pair of tweezers and pulled hard on the tray whilst pressing eject and it ejected with some forceful persuasion. Put the band back on, pressed eject again and the trays now working fine every time!

Other finds were a Wii console on its own for £5 (Wii sports of course inside) Want to get rid of the wii spares I have left.

Picked up this joblot on ebay for £18 posted - worth it for Golden Axe:The Duel, so pleased I got a copy of that for a good price. The Saturn games are all complete just need to be jewel cased.

s-l1600.jpg

Great weekend for once

Stack of 8 uncommon / pricey PS3 games £10, mostly Disney stuff, trading fodder.

Wii console, 2 wiimotes, balance board and cables - £2

PS3 slim complete for £10

Xbox one S with a faulty / grinding eject £10, gonna fix it up

Kindle, 2 Youview recorder boxes, 19" rotating dell monitor, usb WiFi stick and a lot of bits and bobs for £20 all in.

20 hours ago, Spartan said:

Great weekend for once

Stack of 8 uncommon / pricey PS3 games £10, mostly Disney stuff, trading fodder.

Wii console, 2 wiimotes, balance board and cables - £2

PS3 slim complete for £10

Xbox one S with a faulty / grinding eject £10, gonna fix it up

Kindle, 2 Youview recorder boxes, 19" rotating dell monitor, usb WiFi stick and a lot of bits and bobs for £20 all in.

Good find! I've been looking for a cheap kindle for ages but no joy round my way. Just wanted something I can go to the beach with and not worry if some scrote nicks it.