IGNORED

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Cecil Kay

Oh wow. I ripped the Xbox one s open on a whim, pulled the disc drive apart to look inside and I find a 2 pence firmly wedged in the disc slot. Pulled it out and the disc drive works fine! Suspicious of the HDD ATM but I can swap that out no trouble. 

So a working Xbox one S Console for £10 it is then.

PS3 slim looks to have a dead laser so will sell that on for spares. Easy fix for someone else

53 minutes ago, new666uk said:

Good find! I've been looking for a cheap kindle for ages but no joy round my way. Just wanted something I can go to the beach with and not worry if some scrote nicks it.

Weirdly I find them regularly, usually just need updating to the latest firmware and they are good to go. Find at least 1 or 2 a month round here

On 07/05/2022 at 11:36, Down by Law said:

Picked up this joblot on ebay for £18 posted - worth it for Golden Axe:The Duel, so pleased I got a copy of that for a good price. The Saturn games are all complete just need to be jewel cased.

s-l1600.jpg

what's the game with the ferrets in the bottom row?

NVM found it. Ferret Monogatari :lol: :lol: :lol:  the first game in a series of 8!

2 hours ago, Girth Certificate said:

what's the game with the ferrets in the bottom row?

NVM found it. Ferret Monogatari :lol: :lol: :lol:  the first game in a series of 8!

what is that game with the cute furry critters?

On 26/04/2022 at 09:28, Steely said:

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, I'm never going to play it. Anyone have any idea how much the bundle is worth?

Just gunna stick it on the forum cheap but I don't know what cheap is. :lol:

20220426_092136.thumb.jpg.fba291f503674bc429203a083fe9e7d1.jpg20220426_092151.thumb.jpg.527cf0a62ce64764922fedd8324bda55.jpg

On 26/04/2022 at 12:33, Steely said:

PSP-1003

Battery looks OK.

No memory card.

Anyone got any idea on price please? I'm none the wiser. ☹️

19 hours ago, Spartan said:

Weirdly I find them regularly, usually just need updating to the latest firmware and they are good to go. Find at least 1 or 2 a month round here

People must just be illiterate here ;)

2 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Is it just a marquee? I wouldn’t pay £65 for it. 

Just the plexiglass marquee. It's a hard thing to find the value of online so I just left it even if he could be taken down to something like £50.

Don't think the marquee looks that great. I would only buy it it had some value so I can flip it later on. However, saying that its Mario Kart Arcade GP, not exactly a great game.

Honestly, if it was Dance Dance Revolution or some other arcade game I love I’d go for it.

I’ve never played Arcade GP anyway it always looked a bit meh.

Before I forget I did pick up a boxed PS2 slim from the same car boot for £20 so I went home with at least 1 good deal.

Filled the boot up this morning 😳😳

nithibg remarkable, but there was a decent amount about this morning…. And I got a “Cappy” which I shall be wearing to Doncaster gaming market next March 😂

Right, highlights of the weekends hunting were:-

Ben 10 and Splatoon 2 - Switch , £8 for the pair

SNES Mini Classic, 2 pads, no box, £5

Silver Gameboy Pocket , £15

There is an absolutle plethora of run of the mill games here, currently sitting at just under 100 draft eBay listings, in total, think I spent around £250, which is great and all, but there is SOOO much to bloody do now to get this all listed and shifted 😛

2 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Right, highlights of the weekends hunting were:-

Ben 10 and Splatoon 2 - Switch , £8 for the pair

SNES Mini Classic, 2 pads, no box, £5

Silver Gameboy Pocket , £15

There is an absolutle plethora of run of the mill games here, currently sitting at just under 100 draft eBay listings, in total, think I spent around £250, which is great and all, but there is SOOO much to bloody do now to get this all listed and shifted 😛

Tenner posted for the snes mini 😉

33 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Good weekend so far. 

First PS5 games today, Horizon and Gran turismo for 30 the two. 

Broken switch lite, needs a new charging port, £20

Are you going to attempt the Lite yourself?\\Picked up Discworld noir ( PS1 - missing front of case and the manual ) , Pokemon Red box and manual only and MGS PS1 complete with Silent Hill Demo, for £20.

To be fair, someone I know picked them up, along with a box full of other bits that didn't interest me for e tenner, I offered him £20 for the 3 and he was happy to deal.

Yesterday I grabbed a stack of PS4 games, 9 in total, and an official pad for £5.

Those were the highlights really, everything else was again filler.

2 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Are you going to attempt the Lite yourself?\\Picked up Discworld noir ( PS1 - missing front of case and the manual ) , Pokemon Red box and manual only and MGS PS1 complete with Silent Hill Demo, for £20.

To be fair, someone I know picked them up, along with a box full of other bits that didn't interest me for e tenner, I offered him £20 for the 3 and he was happy to deal.

Yesterday I grabbed a stack of PS4 games, 9 in total, and an official pad for £5.

Beyond my skills and tools annoyingly. Hopefully I can get it replaced for 20/30 if I can find somebody to replace it. Shop in my town wanted 65 (lol) 

42 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Beyond my skills and tools annoyingly. Hopefully I can get it replaced for 20/30 if I can find somebody to replace it. Shop in my town wanted 65 (lol) 

If you can't, and fancy selling it, let me know :)

23 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

I'd be interested in that MGS if it's in nice condition.