Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Cecil Kay

Had the most amazing boot find this morning. Oodles of rare dreamcast and saturn games... then I woke up, it was windy and rainy so I went back to sleep. Those oodles of rare games will have to wait until next Saturday night's alcohol fuelled dreams.

Had the most amazing boot find this morning. Oodles of rare dreamcast and saturn games... then I woke up, it was windy and rainy so I went back to sleep. Those oodles of rare games will have to wait until next Saturday night's alcohol fuelled dreams.

I'm glad it's not just me that has those dreams :)

This happens to me alot, but never on a night before a car boot. Instead I have the 'Nightmare before Booting' dream where I go to a massive car boot and i've forgotten my wallet and theres no cash machine for miles :D

Got a nice little stash

FFVIII PC - everything mint and complete! £1

Doom II floppy version £1

Incredible Crisis PS1 £1

Snes unboxed, 2 pads, Zelda, Yoshis Story, Mario Kart, Earthworm Jim 2, Mario Allstars, Starwing, Crashtest Dummies, Tiny Toons, Mask, Road runner and Fifa 99 all for £6!!! I was quite happy, also missed a nes version GBASP with 4 games for £10 :(

Currently going for upwards of £20 on fleabay. SELL SELL SELL!

I've now made about £250 from selling metal gear stuff over the last week. Found a substance on Friday for £10 and sold it yesterday for £35. Got MGS3 for £3 yesterday and sold it within hours for £13.

What? MSG stuff sells?

I've the limited ed somewhere, all the stuff (t-shirt, dog tags, music CD) are still sealed, though I opened the game, obv.

how much is the pack worth WITHOUT the actual game?

With the game they were going for between £100 and £200 recently. I think you'd be looking at £100 or more if the stuff is still sealed.

Twin snakes has been going for up to £70 (sold mine for £55), Subsitence for up to £80, substance up to £50, the original between £20 and £30. MGS 3 about £15. I've seen the US subsistence special pack go for up to £300. There was even a sealed PAL MGS original sold for about £140 I think.

Have been on holiday last two weekends but was back out last Sunday. My local was packed, so huge that I didn't have time to head to the second boot sale I normally hit.

DSCN2314.jpg

DSCN2315.jpg

DSCN2316.jpg

DSCN2318.jpg

DSCN2319.jpg

N64: Army Man Sarge's Heroes £1.50 Battle Tanx £1.00

Mega Drive: Mega Games 3 50p World of Illusion £1.00

2600: Kangaroo 50p

Game Boy: Gradius Interstellar Assault £1.25

Game Cube: Ace Golf

Xbox: Red Ninja £2

PS2: Eternal Quest & Aqua Aqua Wetrix 2 both £2

PS1: All between 50p and £1.50 each

Final Doom

Rage Racer

Eagle One Harrier Attack

Wild 9

Tekken 3

International Track & Field

Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha

True Pinball

PSone chipped with a stack of disks £10

The Game Boy cart above is Gradius right? Nice find :wacko:

What? MSG stuff sells?

I've the limited ed somewhere, all the stuff (t-shirt, dog tags, music CD) are still sealed, though I opened the game, obv.

how much is the pack worth WITHOUT the actual game?

Someone over at NTSC-UK sold his MGS3 Subsistence for £90. Art books and merchandise are going for incredible prices. It seems that finally having an exclusive to shout about has made all the PS3 owners go batshit crazy for anything Metal Gear.

The Game Boy cart above is Gradius right? Nice find :wacko:

Someone over at NTSC-UK sold his MGS3 Subsistence for £90. Art books and merchandise are going for incredible prices. It seems that finally having an exclusive to shout about has made all the PS3 owners go batshit crazy for anything Metal Gear.

Not much else for them to be interested in is there?

Is Tekken 3 a full game, or just a demo? I remember a collectors edition demo that came with a magazine in a limited edition box, but I thought the game came in standard packaging.

You're right I've had another look and the leaflet inside says "For Demonstration Purposes Only" and it has a Playstaion Magazine badge on the disk.

Surely this must be teh r@re :wacko:

Bit of a grey morning this morning and the local boots were a bit thin.

Mega Drive: Strider, Bio Hazard Battle £2 each

Game Gear: Deep Ducj Trouble £2

Dreamcast: Evil Dead, Iron Aces, Worms world party, 4 Wheel Thunder £3 for all 4

Game Boy: Conkers Pocket Tales, Game & Watch Gallery, Reservoir Rat, Micro Machines 1&2 turbo, The Smurfs Nightmare, Polaris Sno Cross all between £2 & £3 each

DSCN2323.jpg

DSCN2320.jpg

DSCN2325.jpg

I think this can go here. Not got anything from a Car Boot sale, but I did get a Bargin, but its not worth its own thread.

I work in a school, I am one of only 2 men, so talk of gaming is hard to get. I've been working on it though, and last week I was telling some of the women I work with how as a boy I'd had a Mega Drive and a SNES. But they took up to much room, so my parents had made me give one away. As I had less games for it, I gave the SNES away. I've wanted one back ever since.

Anyways, someone I was talking to said "oh, I have one of those in the loft I think, my brother gave it me for the girls, but they never used it. If its there, you can have it"

A week passed by, and she turned up today with this beauty.

th_N95016.jpg th_N95017.jpg th_N95018.jpg

It has some yellowing, but hell, it was free.

Her daughters have a Wii, so I'm going to get her a wii game or something to thank her :D

Result!

A guy at work came in with a boxed Russian Game & Watch of Octopus (not even sure it was an official Game & Watch as it had no Nintendo logo). He's a bit of a mean spirited money grabbing git and just wanted to show me to ask how much it was worth - I said nothing - now I'm wondering... did they ever release Russian versions - the box art was something else, like a 1950s cartoon.

I can't imagine Nintendo were making many advances into Russia in the 80s, so sounds like a dodgy commie knock-off to me. Still pretty cool though. I'd have given him a fair few quid for it.

I havn't been buying too many games from car boots recently, as I've amassed a stockpile that I can't see myself depleting for a few years at least. I'll only buy games from boots if there's a chance I'll never see it again (regret is a terrible thing). Instead, I've been buying the occasional curio such as these to decorate my abode:

100_0153.jpg

Tomy Chatbot - You can record voices to a little tape inside him and then remote control him across the room to deliver it to someone. He came with a little tray to carry things as well. Came with the box and everything, which is nice. £1

100_0113.jpg

Vega 542 - I'll never use this to watch telly or owt, but I think it looks nice an I might do some Nam June Paik-style experiments on it with magnets. £2.

002.jpg

Super Mario Alarm Clock - I have three of these, which I bought from the same seller, oddly enough. She didn't know why she had three, but I bought 'em anyway. 50p each.

Sorry the pictures are a bit big.

I have that exact same clock and mine doesn't work :P

PM me your address then and I'll send you one on the house. It's worth having one just to hear the little 8-bit ditty with Mario urging you to get the fuck up.

Not much today:

dscf0890uw2.jpg

The dark forces II is minty mint as are the other 3 actually.

also picked up the shield season 1 for £4, viva la vida loca moca chocca something (the new coldplay album) £4 and beastie boys 'open letter to NYC' single for 20p.