Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Hey guys, going through some old stuff take to the car boot, came across a couple of old mega drive games that look japanese and a strange cartridge converter thing. Any idea if these are worth anymore that the average mega drive game?

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/p1nseeker

Should be worth a little bit more, yes, if you sell to collectors. You've got the Japanese version of Streets of Rage there, plus Hellfire, which goes for £10-15 usually.

The adaptor is more UK Mega Drive and US Genesis consoles to run Japanese games, which had a different, wider, cartridge shape. Later on in the Mega Drive's life many games were region locked, but earlier on all you needed was those simple adaptors to run cartridges from all regions.

I do the one at Langley (by the golf course/Leeds Castle) sometimes. Must work out some kind of RLLMUK secret signal.....

Hmmm, it would seem that there is quite the rllmuk retro scene in Kent (Larkfield area myself). Shall we go with a finger waggle or rolled up trouser leg?!

My most interesting find of the day:post-3736-006506300 1312727960_thumb.jpgNever seen one before and apparently very rare. The games inside are just the normal games so common as muck but the box seems to be very hard to find.

Yeah - these are very desirable for collectors as most people threw the sleeve away, making them very rare.

I've heard of GameGear double packs selling for a small fortune (towards £100).

Yeah - these are very desirable for collectors as most people threw the sleeve away, making them very rare.

I've heard of GameGear double packs selling for a small fortune (towards £100).

Funniest thing was that I spotted a blue box MD game, but couldn't see what it was from where I was stood so asked about it. He went over to a different box and pulled that out. I was about to say "nah, the other one..." but stopped myself when I saw the box. Turns out the blue box was the lion king!

Hmmm, it would seem that there is quite the rllmuk retro scene in Kent (Larkfield area myself). Shall we go with a finger waggle or rolled up trouser leg?!

Well if it's a bit chilly look out for a GTAIV hoodie wondering around.....

My most interesting find of the day:

post-3736-006506300 1312727960_thumb.jpg

Never seen one before and apparently very rare. The games inside are just the normal games so common as muck but the box seems to be very hard to find.

I remember when working at Future Zone we were told to split those packs up to sell seperately and chuck the outer boxes away!

Good day:

Xbox games

Star wars KOTOR

Star Wars KOTOR II

Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars Battlefront II

Morrowwind GOTY

GTA San Andreas

£1.50 each

Gamecube games

Resident Evil

Mario Kart DD

£1 each

PS1 games

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3 and CTR

Mortal Kombat: Special Forces???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (never knew about this one, is it rare??)

£2 the lot

COD Black Ops PS3 £4

SNES console, pad and Mario Kart, Mario World £5

and a few dvds for watching 50p each

Yeee-Haaa

Funniest thing was that I spotted a blue box MD game, but couldn't see what it was from where I was stood so asked about it. He went over to a different box and pulled that out. I was about to say "nah, the other one..." but stopped myself when I saw the box. Turns out the blue box was the lion king!

Is Lion Kind worth something then?

I do the one at Langley (by the golf course/Leeds Castle) sometimes.

Well, it's likely down to the fact that we ended up drinking two bottles of wine and then staying up until 1am that we didn't manage to get up as early as I'd planned, but we managed to fit in three sales anyway.

Got to Langley for about 8am and saw nothing other than PS1/PS2 stuff, which doesn't interest me, and a boxed Megadrive II with Streets of Rage II for £15 (the woman clearly knew it was worth more than a few quid and wasn't letting it go for less than that) which I didn't bother with.

After that we went up to Pedham Place near Swanley and all I found were three SNES carts (Mario Kart, Mario World and Killer Instinct; all three for £2.50) and a unread/pristine Street Fighter II game book, similar to a Where's Wally book, for 50p.

Went over to Paddock Wood to the Hop Farm for one that opened at 1pm and didn't find much at all. It was so sad to see sellers turning up and trying to set up their stalls whilst the vultures were all crowding around them asking what they had before they even had a chance to open their boot. I do not want to be one of those people, certainly takes the fun out of finding a nice bargain yourself.

The girlfriend is away next weekend so I'm determined to get up early and try again.

Mortal Kombat: Special Forces???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (never knew about this one, is it rare??)

Probably very rare, but not very valuable. Veers between about £5 and £20.

It came out a fair bit after Mythologies and it's...Crap. It had a sort-of-ish sequel in Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, which was sort of acceptable I believe. But I've never played either.

Probably very rare, but not very valuable. Veers between about £5 and £20.

It came out a fair bit after Mythologies and it's...Crap. It had a sort-of-ish sequel in Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, which was sort of acceptable I believe. But I've never played either.

Thanks man, good knowledge

Not booting but had a shopping trip in town today and picked up this lot:

post-3736-011633400 1313170083_thumb.jpg

The ninja gaiden's were 2 for £20 in HMV. Both new despite being a bit battered.

Brutal legend, Namco museum, lost odyssey and disgaea 3 were 4 for £20 in Blockbuster.

Sly 2 and Champions return to arms 2 for £8 in game.

Singstar pop (PAL but looks like Egyptian writing, can't find anything about it online) 99p

Lego star wars + Lego star wars II £2.99 each in gamestation

Popolocrois £5 game

And my favorite finds of the day:

MGS peace walker

MGS portable ops plus

chinatown wars

Prinny

Innocent life

all £1.49 each from Cash Generator.

Today's stuff

Manky SNES with Official Pad and Starwing £5

Cowboy Bebop, Oh my Goddess and Suikoden manga £1 the lot

Full Throttle 50p

Batman Arkham Asylum £3

GOW Locust figure £2

2001 OST £1

Dark Knight Returns £1

Star Wars Monopoly (complete) £2

post-234-055907100 1313321598_thumb.jpg

Some nice finds mate

Todays stuff (excluding boardgame finds):

100_4703.jpg

Bladerunner - PC - 50p

Myst Boxset - PC - £4.00

PS1 Games - 50p Each

Metal Gear 3 - PS2 - 50p

Forbidden Siren 2 - £1.00

Nightmare Before Xmas - PS2 - £2.50 (didnt even know this one existed)

Tomb Raider - NGage - £1.00

Saw loads of consoles for once.. boxed N64 for £20, plenty of PS1s, a NES and a couple of games for £20.. But biggest laugh of the day was an unboxed Amiga 500 in a shocking state. Spotted it hidden under a stall it had loads of demo disks and a few tatty boxed games with it (Syndicate caught my eye) asked if they would sell the games seperately to which she replied "No sorry its £135 for the lot!!!!" :o.. I walked away chuckling.

Gamecube Zelda Collectors Edition or whatever its called £2

360 wireless N adaptor £10

Saw a scabby boxed master system 2 with about 8 games but seller wanted £60

Passed up on a boxed commodore 64, found a telco carrier bag stuffed with about 50 n64 & 2600 carts for £2 each but there was nothing of interest and quite a few doubles.