IGNORED

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Cecil Kay

Approach table with PS1 final fantasy games displayed as a centrepiece.

Me: "How much for final fantasy 8 & 9?"

Seller: "8 is £30 9 is £30 too. I've got 7 in the car, I want serious money for that though."

Me, with poker face on: "You've priced those very reasonably actually, I'll bet you get a lot of people telling you that's too much, ignore them though they're just out to rip you off."

Seller: "Yeah, I've some stupid offers already, But I know how much these are worth."

Me: "How much are you wanting for 7?"

Seller: "£70, it's mint, I'm keeping it in the car because, you know, I don't want people touching it, do you wan't to see?"

Me: "No thanks"

I mean, seriously!

Seller: "8 is £30 9 is £30 too. I've got 7 in the car, I want serious money for that though."

Me, with poker face on: "You've priced those very reasonably actually, I'll bet you get a lot of people telling you that's too much, ignore them though they're just out to rip you off."

Seller: "Yeah, I've some stupid offers already, But I know how much these are worth."

Seller: "£70, it's mint, I'm keeping it in the car because, you know, I don't want people touching it, do you wan't to see?"

I mean, seriously!

you totally had an opening for "you want to put them back in the car and stick them on ebay, with a reserve. Go, go now, before someone floods the market and undercuts you."

I mean, seriously!

Where was this? it wasn't tilmanstone was it sounds like a dealer I see there all the time.

tumblr%2Bmeme%2Bfaces_poker%2Bface.jpg

1140669.jpg

I mean, seriously!

seriously-meme_bigger.jpg

TRUE_STORY_MEME_ADICTOS_png_scaled500.png

Edited for lolz

Had a late start this morning, my wife wanted a lie in. So I went just to one car boot on my own today.

On the first row I saw a 50th anniversary edition of Edge in a pile of books and magazines, I rooted through a bit more and found more Edges.

"how much for the magazines?"

"take them, as many as you like, I'll even give you a carrier bag"

post-234-002247900 1313917278_thumb.jpg

FF8 guide was free too :D

Also found a pile of 40k marines for £2 ( i've not sorted through them yet.

Then on the last row I found this little lot for £15

post-234-093689700 1313917381_thumb.jpg

I don't think Rob's complete but a nice selection of NES games inc Kid Icarus!!

In all my years, I never found a delux set with Rob. Always wanted one but it always eluded me.

This page has really amazed me, I genuinely didn't think hauls like these were possible anymore. Great stuff guys.

Rich

IMG_0459.jpg

The woody needs a bit more cleaning but its in OK condition. There are 3 sets of paddle pads, 2 number pads and 2 sticks for the 2600 not shown.

The first 2600 Woody I bought was as grotty as that, but I soon got it cleaned-up. I found that the best thing to use to clean inside each of the six switches and all of the horizontal grooves were cotton buds dipped in water. You'll need quite a lot, though, but they do a fantastic job. A damp cloth should sort the rest out.

Any chance of a photo once it's cleaned-up?

Lulz. I sold a properly mint copy of FFVII (it was the one I wa given for working on it and had never been out of the box)fairly recently and got £20 for it. £70? He's having a bubble.

Just got back from selling at my mid-week local, got talking to a collector and he found Espgaluda for £1 on PS2 :blink:

He showed it to me "goes for loads on ebay mate"

Ffffuuuuuuuuuu ! ! ! ! !!

knowing the lot down there I wouldn't be convinced it's a collector :C sold a load of stuff at that exact same bootfair recently and someone came up saying they 'collected' video games, we got talking and he was interested in my mega drive, so I sold it to them at a discounted price. What does my boyfriend find when he goes round the stalls? That very same twat, with the same mega drive (same games and all) on his stall at a £20 markup. Felt like punching myself.

In any case, lucky bastard :C who would have thought, cave shooters at a boot fair?

dscf1082.jpg

the average/not so good stuff

What's Tetris doing in that heap? May not be rare, but is awesome.

Also, is that Bill & Ted's Excellent Gameboy Adventure I see there? It's hailed as a genuine old-school classic in some circles, although I'm yet to play it myself.

knowing the lot down there I wouldn't be convinced it's a collector :C sold a load of stuff at that exact same bootfair recently and someone came up saying they 'collected' video games, we got talking and he was interested in my mega drive, so I sold it to them at a discounted price. What does my boyfriend find when he goes round the stalls? That very same twat, with the same mega drive (same games and all) on his stall at a £20 markup. Felt like punching myself.

In any case, lucky bastard :C who would have thought, cave shooters at a boot fair?

EDIT: stupid phone.

What I was going to say is that you do find some oddities every now and then. I have found both Suikoden III US import and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 NTSC JAP on PS2 at my local car boot for £1 each (on different occasions of course).

EDIT: stupid phone.

What I was going to say is that you do find some oddities every now and then. I have found both Suikoden III US import and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 NTSC JAP on PS2 at my local car boot for £1 each (on different occasions of course).

I've been booting since the late 90's and as long as you stick it out eventually you'll find the impossible many times.

I've been booting since the late 90's and as long as you stick it out eventually you'll find the impossible many times.

oh I know. I found a boxed complete PAL terranigma once for £2. (I believe its in this very thread somewhere XD) Its crazy what you can find if you get lucky.

You found the PC engine LT right? :o

Too true, I've found a boxed virtual boy and a black NTSC Sega sports dreamcast. Never thought I'd ever see them let alone buy them

Any recommendations for car boot sales in Liverpool?

The one in St Helens carpark was always the most productive for me.

I still suggest travelling to Chirk though as in around Liverpool they are mostly poor.

I feel like the bridesmaid every week at the moment.

Missed out on a pile of GC games again today. A stall that I had already been to, popped back on my way out, to see a pile including zelda collection, mario kart etc. in a trader's hands. £12.

Went to another boot and saw an SP. I asked if they had any games and they said they'd just sold them all with the DS. Turns out one of my booting mates/rivals got a DS with 11 GBA games for £12. Stuck them back on his stall and sold the ds and half the games for £30.

Then, to top it off, saw the original trader setting up his stall with the GC games on. Grrrrr.

Did pick up a saturn with no cables or anything for £1. Has a copy of virtua cop 2 in. Also a couple of early retro gamer mags for £1 and broken sword DS for £3. Oh, and jet set radio future for £2.

Braving the dodgy weather, this weeks finds include..

100_4796.jpg

Megadrive Reactor (mint) - £4

Lands of Lore - PC - £1

Serenity RPG Book - £2.50

PS1 Games - 50p & £1

PS2 Games - £1 each (except Sly 3 which I paid £3 for)

Also found this little lot of Spectrum stuff for £4... (are also a few more demo tapes, +3 Powerpack etc) the woman selling it all actually thought the powerpack was a console.. Bless her!

100_4797.jpg

Now the question is where can I get a bunch of Spectrum +3 disk cases from? :unsure:

The one in St Helens carpark was always the most productive for me.

I still suggest travelling to Chirk though as in around Liverpool they are mostly poor.

Any chance of being able to take a bus there or will I have to wait till I get a car?

If I saw some at a boot I'd probably buy them for my shelf despite not even owning a speccy any more... :facepalm:

That's pretty much exactly what I'm doing with them :)

Gutted today missed out on a complete ps1 final fantasy set by a few seconds all for £5 :(

Im sure I would have cried!