IGNORED

Metal Gear Solid 4

jeroenr

Hmmm. Well I havnet really played much MGO yet... but man, I'm not sure if I like this DLC stuff - pay to be able to create female characters... ok I can live with that. But the you have to pay for extra character slots as well - seems a bit harsh! Think I'll be sticking to one character at a time then.

I think you do, anyway! I'm not sure, I havnet done much on online bar the tutorial, but I swear there was a message saying somehting to that effect!

It's not a fucking MMORPG, jesus :) So now I can't change my guys appearance without resetting him, or something. God knows.

It's only £2 for an extra 3 character slots. It really is an arse that you can't get new clothes without makinga new char, though.

£2 is still a lot for a different looking character :) I take it that means once you create one its effectively locked to the console? Or can you delete him to create another later?

£2 is still a lot for a different looking character :) I take it that means once you create one its effectively locked to the console? Or can you delete him to create another later?

I think you can delete them and make another, but AFAIK you lose all your stats, friends, etc. Which is not a huge deal if you've just made some retard in a florescent yellow jumpsuit and come to your senses, but it'd be nice to do some cosmetic alterations without binning my profile.

Can you not change the clothes and accessories for your character at any time though? I thought the only things locked to your character were the name, face skin and voice. But everything else is changeable.

Can you not change the clothes and accessories for your character at any time though? I thought the only things locked to your character were the name, face skin and voice. But everything else is changeable.

You can only take off and put back on the clothes you selected originally- not really changing outfits.

I do agree that Tappy theme is horribly missing. It's a great piece of legendary game music. The original is a classic, the MGS2 version is a legendary rearrangement, I was also waiting the whole game to hear it and thought it was maybe going to turn up at the end, but it never does. Hopefully they wise up and stick it on as a DLC track soon for the iPod at least, though it's a shame they didn't use it or a rearrangement in the game.

I had to google "Tappy theme" to find out what it is but now I know I am aghast that it isn't in the game. I assume a reason for this is forthcoming as it's such a baffling omission given the relentless references to pretty much everything from all the other games.

I had to google "Tappy theme" to find out what it is but now I know I am aghast that it isn't in the game. I assume a reason for this is forthcoming as it's such a baffling omission given the relentless references to pretty much everything from all the other games.

I just did that too. I had no idea that theme was from MGS1. I've played it dozens of times (the last time being just before MGS4's release) and I don't recall ever hearing it. At what point does it play in the game?

I just did that too. I had no idea that theme was from MGS1. I've played it dozens of times (the last time being just before MGS4's release) and I don't recall ever hearing it. At what point does it play in the game?

You hear bits of it in the in-game music, but it was used on all the trailers for it, and plays over the end credits if you clear the game three times on the one save file.

You hear bits of it in the in-game music, but it was used on all the trailers for it, and plays over the end credits if you clear the game three times on the one save file.

Aaah I see. Yeah I mainly started new games, although I do recall that some of my old save games were on their third run.

My hope is that they add the music for the iPod through downloadable content, especially the MGS2 version as that's my favourite version.

My hope is that they add the music for the iPod through downloadable content, especially the MGS2 version as that's my favourite version.

If it's not in now then I'd really be surprised if it does make it in. It's funny hearing their attempt at rearranging it that is in the game, it's actually quite good.

I noticed the HIND D music from MGS1 was available to download yesterday, not sure how long that's been up for.

If it's not in now then I'd really be surprised if it does make it in. It's funny hearing their attempt at rearranging it that is in the game, it's actually quite good.

I noticed the HIND D music from MGS1 was available to download yesterday, not sure how long that's been up for.

Since close to launch.

Yeah, it's pretty balls. Tip for newcomers: wearing all black will give you an advantage on 4 out of the 5 maps.

Bonus. I created my character last night and he's in all black. I was hoping you'd be able to use the camo-suit online though. I'm sure I remember reading about a mode where someone plays as Snake?

Bonus. I created my character last night and he's in all black. I was hoping you'd be able to use the camo-suit online though. I'm sure I remember reading about a mode where someone plays as Snake?

yeah - sneaking mode - 1 player is snake in octocamo, trying to knock people unconscious to steal 3 sets of dog tags without dying. Everyone else plays a team deathmatch while trying to kill snake. If there are enough people, one player can help snake by controlling the mk. II. It's probably the best mode. :)

Can anyone confirm/deny if you can alter the controls on the joypad? Or are we stuck with R1 for shoot?

You can completely reconfigure them as far as I remember. Why you wouldn't want fire to be on R1 is beyond me though.