IGNORED

Metal Gear Solid 4

jeroenr

I have just finished it. Fucking amazing. I cant sum it up any better than you guys already have. Not an ounce of disapointment from it. Brilliant. Last game I enjoyed so much was Resi4. I hope we see some sort of other Metal Gear games. Ideally one where you get to be Grey Fox start to finish. He is the true badass of the series. All 4 of the Metal Gear games have been fantastic.

What I would like to see next is a "Best of" Metal Gear game in the new engine. Maybe with select missions from the past 3 with a few extras bolted on.

All I want next is some VR missions or something like Snake Tales as downloadable content.

All I want next is some VR missions or something like Snake Tales as downloadable content.

VR missions have been done to death and they are usually pretty boring. They redid MGS 1 on the cube in a newer engine and those that have seen Act 4 know that they could easily go back to it

in fact Shadow Moses is practically done all they need is the guards, bosses and a floor or two adding. Easy.

VR missions have been done to death and they are usually pretty boring.

Done to death with the shitty old gameplay, they could do totally new stuff with it now. I just want some pure gameplay using this engine.

The very start of chapter 5..... help, can't keep the gecko off me long enough to open the door :angry:

Don't get spotted then! It's easy to open when there isnt an alarm going off.

And; I'm scared on Extreme/No Alerts/Kills/etc.. I'm on the 'chase' bit, Act 2, after the boss... When I blow up a Gekkou, does it injure nearby soldiers or not? I'm wary of going the rest of the way through the stage only to have a couple of kills at the end -_-

Just finished the whole game and what a wonderful experience it all was.

Total play time 37 hours (probably quite a bit on pause if they count that)

Grade - Eagle

I can't believe all the discussion over the supposedly 90 minute cut-scene. Unless I'm missing something the only one that was particularly long was

the one after you've completed the game which wraps up the entire story

. That information's not so much a spoiler, more of a pleaser I'd say.

While I was playing it struck me how some of the most lauded games so far this gen have had similar elements to MGS4, or indeed the entire Metal Gear series. Take Bioshock with its supposed moral choices, Metal Gear's been giving you the option to kill or save for years. Also Metal Gear gives you untold armoury to use as you wish or simply ignore, just like BS with its plasmids. Although with BS the alternative to playing around and making your own fun was turning a couple of decent ideas into an average shooter.

And you know that bit in COD4?

Snake walking through the microwaves reminded me a lot of the nuke scene in Cod4

, except this time there was a purpose which added to the gameplay rather than just to the atmosphere.

Anyway it got me thinking how the MG series has been taking for granted for years things which games with less depth (talking single player in Cod4's case) have been praised to the heavens for despite bringing nothing new to the table other than pretty graphics (IMO!).

My favourite Metal Gear since the first one, as they finally made the combat a pleasure.

Screaming Mantis

has to be one of the best bosses in the entire series.

Anyone else think Otacon bears more than a passing resemblance to Mr Kojima?

Off to try Boss Extreme...

Boss Extreme is reall fun, wombling.. I'm making it hard for myself by going for the Big Boss emblem (heh) but I don't think I even want to play it on the lower settings again now! :angry:

Boss Extreme is reall fun, wombling.. I'm making it hard for myself by going for the Big Boss emblem (heh) but I don't think I even want to play it on the lower settings again now! -_-

I'm hoping the harder level will really add a lot of strategy to things that were a breeze before. Can't imagine finishing the entire game without being spotted in such a short time to get the higher rankings :angry:

Two things I wish they'd add, the ability to use the Japanese dialogue with subs, and the ability to re-play different scenes without having to go through the entire game.

Ah man, I thought I was doing better, but then snake got all 3 of his dog tags FROM ME :angry:

We had a good ol' match in MGO last night, photies in the Online thread: here. Hope to see more of you on soon! And turn on your bloody headsets!

Mine was on but I took it off because all I got was shit through it.

Ah man, I thought I was doing better, but then snake got all 3 of his dog tags FROM ME :angry:

Mine was on but I took it off because all I got was shit through it.

Yeah, hopefully we can arrange a private match (or at least fill out a team) next time so we can chat properly.

Actually hold on!

<looks at photos>

Spacey you stalking me or something?

It's hard to take pictures of DandySephy. He's a magnet for enemy fire. You on the other hand stood on top of a building all match and still died twice as much as I did.

Who is the closest to getting a clan set up? I'm level 3 and I've got ten hours logged. Is it correct that it really takes 20 hours? Does anyone else here have more so I can not worry about trying to get up to 20 hrs?