Metal Gear Solid 4

jeroenr

It was that long though was it? Only felt like that because i was tapping like a mo fo.... my arm nearly fell off.

I dont think there was any valid reason (although I think at that point snake felt he should sacrafice himself), also it turned out he did have to protect the MKIII from the armballs as well)

Did you miss the bit where

the scarabs try to attack it

?

Ah of course...

but snake was screwed anyway, did he do much to help?

On a lighter note... was anyone else screaming because their arm hurt from the tapping just as snake was screaming to reach the door. ACES

This thread is amazing...all I see is lines and lines of spoiler text!

Anyways bought this last night on a whim and am suitably impressed having not played on a Metal Gear since the PS1. The free encyclopedia is definitley needed though (thanks Spacehost and anyone else who tipped me off). Unfortunately I can't map the R2 button to fire :wacko:.

never mind though I am slowly getting used to it.

Great game...so far.

Im not simple. Thanks for your helpful and constructive post though. I was battling in my mind, is she alive, or is she simply a dead husk being cruely manipulated by "that" external force and maybe I had to make a more considered choice with which doll I used. We cant all be as massively clever as you young man now, can we?

It just strike me odd that you were running to your PC posting constant needs for help when the game basically tells you what to do.

I dont think me reading

"USE THE DOLL ON HER SNAKE, L1 to aim R1 to shoot"

made me particularly clever. But I will accept the plaudits if you are handing them out.

It just strike me odd that you were running to your PC posting constant needs for help when the game basically tells you what to do.

I dont think me reading

"USE THE DOLL ON HER SNAKE, L1 to aim R1 to shoot"

made me particularly clever. But I will accept the plaudits if you are handing them out.

To be fair it doesnt start giving out those hints until a good way into the fight. Even Otacon doesnt come up with much useful information in the first couple of minutes.

On a lighter note... was anyone else screaming because their arm hurt from the tapping just as snake was screaming to reach the door. ACES

It was hellish for me on Hard mode.

I was screaming "OOOOTAAAAACOOOOOONNNNN!!!" by the end.

:wacko:

To be fair it doesnt start giving out those hints until a good way into the fight. Even Otacon doesnt come up with much useful information in the first couple of minutes.

Gave them to me as soon as I picked them up. Maybe I had taken a while to get them. But then I didnt expect the battle to be over in minutes and come running to the forum to find out the answers :wacko:

And even then! (Act 5 sub boss) The stupid motion control bit on the sixaxis is fucking SHIT.

which motions would one have preferred?

Well, the action it shows on screen is confusing. I'd assumed you were supposed to do like a sharp pull upwards, like pulling a fish out of the water on Zelda Wii. But no, the best thing to do i just flail the controller around like a spaz. I've done that fight three times now, and EVERY TIME the motion control is flakey.

Also, only a weakling would need a hint as to what to do with those things in that fight.

(ah talking about things without using spoiler tags is a challenge :wacko:)

Gave them to me as soon as I picked them up. Maybe I had taken a while to get them. But then I didnt expect the battle to be over in minutes and come running to the forum to find out the answers :wacko:

Ah so you figured out to shoot the dools from the off. I didnt and it doesnt lead you onto with hints for a goodwhile. It goes through all the controlling Meryl bits first and then has her threaten to shoot herself in the head, thats when I got the first Otacon hint to hit the doll. I did so and went to pick it up.

Just started on Big Boss Extreme for my third playthrough. Gosh it is hard isn't it! I have never understood why players rape games for all the achievements, bonuses or whatever but now I do because on this I really want all of the emblems.

Just started on Big Boss Extreme for my third playthrough. Gosh it is hard isn't it! I have never understood why players rape games for all the achievements, bonuses or whatever but now I do because on this I really want all of the emblems.

Ahem - it's THE Boss Extreme. The Boss was BETTER THAN Big Boss. And a woman. And had the voice of the news reporter from Family Guy. Pretty fucking epic, to be fair.

But yeah, it's hard, but totally fair and awesome. In a way, I really do believe it's how it was 'meant to be played' almost - I espeically love that you can't use the shop, makes it properly hardcore and forces you to hunt items on the stages or do hold ups when possible... Anesthetic rounds are fucking hard to come by :wacko:

;):wacko: She does as well! Amazing.
Yeah I spent the whole of MGS3 wondering why her voice sounded familar.

Then I read a thread to do with "things you didnt know/realise about games" and found out there.

MIND WAS BLOWN!

Hahah. I wish I hadn't watched so much Family Guy that I instantly knew.... It was all I could hear as soon as she spoke. I kept hoping she'd tell Snake to call Trisha Takenawa on the Codec :)

I dunno. The resemblance is uncanny.

cateblanchett68064jn6.jpg

SSNNAAAAAKKKEEEE!!!

Shave. Wrong eye.

Hahah. I wish I hadn't watched so much Family Guy that I instantly knew.... It was all I could hear as soon as she spoke. I kept hoping she'd tell Snake to call Trisha Takenawa on the Codec :wacko:

Shave. Wrong eye.

I thought Big Boss had the patch on the opposite eye? Snake has it on his left doesnt he?

Edit. Yes I was right.

windowslivewriterpersonru8.gif

Ah so you figured out to shoot the dools from the off. I didnt and it doesnt lead you onto with hints for a goodwhile. It goes through all the controlling Meryl bits first and then has her threaten to shoot herself in the head, thats when I got the first Otacon hint to hit the doll. I did so and went to pick it up.

Yeah, figured that bit out after a bit. However as soon as you pick them up it tells you what to do, which is what he was confused about for some reason.

Yeah, figured that bit out after a bit. However as soon as you pick them up it tells you what to do, which is what he was confused about for some reason.

To be fair I could never hit her with the blue one. The red one worked first time every time.

Well, the action it shows on screen is confusing. I'd assumed you were supposed to do like a sharp pull upwards, like pulling a fish out of the water on Zelda Wii. But no, the best thing to do i just flail the controller around like a spaz. I've done that fight three times now, and EVERY TIME the motion control is flakey.

Also, only a weakling would need a hint as to what to do with those things in that fight.

(ah talking about things without using spoiler tags is a challenge :wacko:)

Snake's no talented psychic, of course hi control skills are going to be flakey! I think this is a far more feasible explanation than "they made the town shit on purpose" in No More Heroes.

EDIT: and the blue doll

is for dead people only

Anyway - GUYS!

I have played 20 hours of MGO - shall I make the clan or leave it to Spacehost?