Metal Gear Solid 4

jeroenr

Just to clear stuff up, so I dont look like a massive tard, I was unsure weather she was actually alive or dead and being re-animated so my confusion lie with which doll to use. Looking back on it now its all so clear, I have a blackberry so there was no need to keep running to the PC as I had the forum loaded up. I had had a shit day and frustration got the best of me. I love you guys :-) x x

Ah of course...

but snake was screwed anyway, did he do much to help?

On a lighter note... was anyone else screaming because their arm hurt from the tapping just as snake was screaming to reach the door. ACES

I certainly was, that bit was pure emotional though

Ahem - it's THE Boss Extreme. The Boss was BETTER THAN Big Boss. And a woman. And had the voice of the news reporter from Family Guy. Pretty fucking epic, to be fair.

But yeah, it's hard, but totally fair and awesome. In a way, I really do believe it's how it was 'meant to be played' almost - I espeically love that you can't use the shop, makes it properly hardcore and forces you to hunt items on the stages or do hold ups when possible... Anesthetic rounds are fucking hard to come by :wacko:

Hehe true! I think I'll have to go for maximum avoidance instead of just eliminating guards in my way. Do you get the Solid Eye? Because I swear you normally get it before meeting Mk II but I don't have it yet?

Did anyone actually use the Mk.II to any effect? I had a quick play with it initially and then ignored it for the rest of the game.

No it's pretty useless. Doesnt have a long enough range to be of much use in sneaking/mapping out an area. I just stuck to using the octocamo.

No it's pretty useless. Doesnt have a long enough range to be of much use in sneaking/mapping out an area. I just stuck to using the octocamo.

Me too. I'm hoping all the stuff I ignored like the claymores and mk2 will be far more useful on the harder levels. Setting traps Spy vs. Spy style and knocking out guards with a glorified Big Track is quite appealing.

I used the Mark II a little in Acts 1&2 to collect fallen weapons & scope out the lay of the land before I advanced, but that annoying delay between selecting it & being able to move made me not bother with it after a while.

Uh yeah so anyway, finished it last night.

What?

So Raiden did not get crushed by a 500,000 ton gear, he just "lost an arm". Doesn't matter that he lost an arm though - he found a body!! Maybe it was the rest of Liquid's which had been frozen in the snow on Shadow Moses (minus, ironically, an arm).

Fight with Liquid/ Ocelot/ Liquid Ocelot was excellent and infuriating. Liked the way he turned back in to Ocelot before he croaked.

I was expecting to get all emotional at the ending but I felt absolutely nothing. Nothing! Big Boss shows up and talks utter drivel for half an hour, suggests that actually Liquid had honourable intentions. Right, whatever.

Why does Foxdie kill Big Boss when it's meant to target specific DNA?

When exactly did Naomi start colluding with Big Boss?

Why does Snake keep going to that grave? He has no idea who The Boss is.

When did Raiden get married? I must have missed that bit. He wasn't married to Rose in MGS2 and supposedly immediately after that he went mental and vanished.

I mean..... there's a few other things befuddling me about it but I can't quite remember them at the minute.

You know there's a Metal Gear codec/database thingy free to DL from the PSN store? I don't know if it will help, (not read your spoilers as I'm still playing), but it looks pretty comprehensive and covers games - names, chronology, relationships etc - from Metal Gear through to MGS4.

Aside from the advice about the database, I believe I can help

So Raiden did not get crushed by a 500,000 ton gear, he just "lost an arm". Doesn't matter that he lost an arm though - he found a body!! Maybe it was the rest of Liquid's which had been frozen in the snow on Shadow Moses (minus, ironically, an arm).

While I can't suggest the level of realism here, cyborg or not, you can see that he managed to stop it enough It's not liquids body, Otacon left liquid's body at the scene of the Tanker incident in MGS2. We know this because Solid Snake's body was positively identified in the aftermath, but obviously Snake was alive and kicking after that. Liquid's body would show the same dna as Solid's.

When did Raiden get married? I must have missed that bit. He wasn't married to Rose in MGS2 and supposedly immediately after that he went mental and vanished.

I mean..... there's a few other things befuddling me about it but I can't quite remember them at the minute.

1) Did you pay attention to the mid act cutscene in act2? The one where Naomi explains about Foxdie? Snake's foxdie has mutated and lost it's ability to target specific dna - although it could possibly still affect big boss in its original form seeing as big boss and snake have the same dna. That might actually be what happened, I'm sure Big Boss says that the modified strain is now "inaffective"

2)does naomi actually collude with big boss? It's made clear she had her own agenda - to fix her own mistakes to clean her conscience

3) I reckon Eva is in the same "plot"

4) In between MGS2 and MGS4, surely this was obvious? She was already up the duff, they got married and he started acting like a looney

It did target a specific DNA - his. Did you miss the whole point of Acts 1 and 2 where both Liquids and Solids DNA failed to unlock the SOP system because while they were clones, their DNA was still different enough from the originals. Hence why Solidus' worked.

She kinda always has been given she is the "sister" of gray fox who worked with Big Boss

He goes the the other grave, which is for someone who fell in battle in Zanzibarland - Bg Boss/Grayfox

I don't think he ever did get married to her at all, but he was with her till his repressed memories started making him go a bit weird and then Rose "miscarried".Which sent him over the deep end

1) Did you pay attention to the mid act cutscene in act2? The one where Naomi explains about Foxdie? Snake's foxdie has mutated and lost it's ability to target specific dna - although it could possibly still affect big boss in its original form seeing as big boss and snake have the same dna. That might actually be what happened, I'm sure Big Boss says that the modified strain is now "inaffective"

Its the new strain that kills him, not the old mutated one. The new one has been steadily killing off the mutated strain

Aside from the advice about the database, I believe I can help

While I can't suggest the level of realism here, cyborg or not, you can see that he managed to stop it enough It's not liquids body, Otacon left liquid's body at the scene of the Tanker incident in MGS2. We know this because Solid Snake's body was positively identified in the aftermath, but obviously Snake was alive and kicking after that. Liquid's body would show the same dna as Solid's.

Ah yes,

I forgot about Liquid's body being left on the tanker. Still doesn't explain where his body comes from though given that the only biological bits of him throughout the game were his head and spine.

I must have missed Big Boss saying it had become ineffective. It would explain why Snake abandons his suicide attempts though.

2)does naomi actually collude with big boss? It's made clear she had her own agenda - to fix her own mistakes to clean her conscience

Big Boss mentions several times things that Naomi "told" him.

3) I reckon Eva is in the same "plot"

Snake is at the same grave at the start of the game before he meets EVA.

4) In between MGS2 and MGS4, surely this was obvious? She was already up the duff, they got married and he started acting like a looney

I thought he'd just gone bonkers straight after the "Manhattan Incident".

Ah yes,

I forgot about Liquid's body being left on the tanker. Still doesn't explain where his body comes from though given that the only biological bits of him throughout the game were his head and spine.

It's still a cyborg body- just a human-like one rather than his combat body. It's still covered in seams and sockets, which I thought was a dead givaway. Dr Madnar must've made it to replace his Patriot-provided combat bod after perfecting the Snatcher tech that brought Big Boss back to life in MG2.

Why

does Foxdie kill Big Boss when it's meant to target specific DNA?

When

exactly did Naomi start colluding with Big Boss?

Why

does Snake keep going to that grave? He has no idea who The Boss is.

When

did Raiden get married? I must have missed that bit. He wasn't married to Rose in MGS2 and supposedly immediately after that he went mental and vanished.

Its the new Foxdie that Drebin was ordered to inject into Snake along with the Suppressor Nanomachines. This new version has Big Boss', EVA's & Ocelot's DNA programmed into it. I do wonder if the elimination of the original mutant Foxdie was intentional on their part though, or just a happy accident.

As Dandy-Sephy says she had her own plans.

He may do, after the declassification of Big Boss' files & him adopting his CQC he may have done some digging & found out about this supposed "Traitor".

I don't think they ever were, but presumably they will now.

One thing that does bother me about the ending though is:

Did the Patriot system really not see that Super-Virus coming? After hearing so much about them seemingly controlling & knowing everything it seems strange they could have missed that.

Did the Patriot system really not see that Super-Virus coming? After hearing so much about them seemingly controlling & knowing everything it seems strange they could have missed that.

I just guess that

the System isn't really infallible- like any large governing force it's only as good as the information it gets, and people may well have ignored FoxDie evolving as an issue (especially seeing as the vector is usually unlikely to survive their mission).

Reading my own comment made me realise that although I was actually referring to

Foxalive

both the question & answer could apply to both that & the

Mutated Foxdie

Two for the price of one! ;)

I think Lorfarius is right and he went to see Frank Jaeger. Why would he go to see Big Boss who tried to kill him several times? After all the events of the previous gams, Frank Jaeger was his friend, and saved his life in MGS1. He spoke at length in MGS1 about what Snake should fight for and die for. It makes more sense to me that he'd go to see his grave before he kills himself than that of Big Boss. Plus

he pulls his gun on Big Boss when he appears, obviously he still doesn't trust him, even from beyond the grave

I think Lorfarius is right and he went to see Frank Jaeger.

Yeah, but why the flashback to Big Boss?

Plus

he pulls his gun on Big Boss when he appears, obviously he still doesn't trust him, even from beyond the grave

I'd pull a gun too, but just because he doesn't trust him doesn't mean that he doesn't want to try and find some reconciliation with the man who walked allow the same path as him for so many years.