IGNORED

Metal Gear Solid 4

jeroenr

If you whizzed through like that you'd miss out on a lot of the important character backstory, which is the reason you'd be playing them in the first place. Heck, most people got through MGS3 without realising that

Ocelot was The Boss's son

For a split second, I misread that and thought that somehow

Snake and Ocelot

were related. I was so confused.

Europe will get Metal Gear Online beta

Konami has told Eurogamer that it will be announcing its European Metal Gear Online beta plans "shortly".

Its comments follow (at a safe and undetectable distance) word earlier that sign-ups to the MGO beta in Japan appear to be inaccessible to those of us with Western-originating IP addresses.

The full game is due out around the world alongside Metal Gear Solid 4 on 12th June, so Konami had better get its skates on.

Pop over to our Metal Gear Online first impressions to lift the veil from the face of comprehension.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=131231

As cool as Shinkawas art is I really love and prefer the regular US cover. To me it has a bit more of a 'finality' about it, that this is Snake how he is now: old, haggard and been through the mill repeatedly and it screams to me that it's going to be his final adventure.

Yeah, I was being factitious. It's a good thing really. My knowledge of the story is patchy, so it should be helpful. Actually a good idea really, I think Halo 3 might have benefited from some sort of way of stopping the game and going... "who the hell are you/what the hell is that/what in Gods name are you talking about?" - indeed it should be a standard addition in any cross-generation franchise update.

But why interrupt my GAME to do this? A good artist picks the appropriate medium for his message. A bad one usurps it. Kojima usurped my game to tell me a garbled and largely dysfunctional message, and that's precisely the definition of "hubris".

But why interrupt my GAME to do this? A good artist picks the appropriate medium for his message. A bad one usurps it. Kojima usurped my game to tell me a garbled and largely dysfunctional message, and that's precisely the definition of "hubris".

It's like the White Rabbit feature in the Matrix DVD, a little symbol appears in the corner of the screen and you get a flash-back sequence. If you want to play your epic final conclusion of a decade-long series without a refresher, you can.

Pretty sweet. C'mon KCE GmbH, you said you'd announce the beta "shortly" back in March. Two weeks isn't "shortly".
The highly anticipated online beta will form part of a strong line-up of new gaming at the launch of the new PS Store.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has announced that the new look PlayStation Store will launch on April 15. The new store promises improved navigation, more functionality and faster access.

Two days after the new store launches a new batch of content will be made available, most notably the Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta, building up to the launch of Metal Gear Solid 4 on June 12.

Also available will be Warhawk: Operation Broken Mirror, Lari: Diabolical Dragons Pack and Skyguard Upgrade pack - offering new and exciting new features and functions. Also look out for a collection of trailers including the latest on GTA 4.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/11-04-2008-8011.html

OMG!! im so glad my own personal ps3 turned up yesterday, and my telly last week. HDMI cable today, and job done. What a week and perfect time to buy a ps3...

but wait....is that PS3 on the special edition actualy got Snake on the PS3????? or is that just a reflection mmmmmm

It's just hit me that this is happening next week. I will actually be playing the same game mechanics as MGS4. In one week. Fuck.

*cough* yeah, i might have registered just for this post.