Hardcore-only League

Well this league has gone well (last week an exception maybe) and I'm sure with a bit of similar organising another cup/knockout/league thing could work. You could even have a mini-tourney like in real life rugby, but with nerds instead of jocks.

Ahh....i do work shifts

:o

May as well scrub me then.

So long as you're online for more than 2 minutes a month it can probably be worked around afterbirth, it's the people who sign up for it when their interest in the game is already waning or when they know they're not going to be able to make any of the games anyways I was meaning.

• 1 month later...

Even just a weekly game between two teams - with a sizeable pool of players to ensure a healthy turnout - would be pretty ace, and would encourage a lot of fun banter in here and less upset over unplayed games and rule pedantry.

Even just a weekly game between two teams - with a sizeable pool of players to ensure a healthy turnout - would be pretty ace, and would encourage a lot of fun banter in here and less upset over unplayed games and rule pedantry.

Yeah. That's a great idea. We could rotate HC game types to get a good mix going.

In your very first post in this thread, you said you're not interested in taking part, which is fine, but then you proceed to flood the thread with replies - most of them pessimistic - foretelling doom for an idea that has already received a nice amount of tentative support. Why? It's pretty weird behaviour.

TBH Dude, this thread was started when I was at my peak of interest in this game and playing for hours a night. I'm sure I've shown support for it at some point as hardcore was my favourite mode and a majority of my time was spent playing it. As much as I enjoy playing with pretty much everyone on rllmuk you'll find that a vast amount of people who say they're interested in these tournaments ALWAYS just dissapear, either down to personal issues or cant be assed issues. We'll use MMCG as a prime example, twice this little prick has said how he's so interested in playing yada yada yada and twice he just doesn't bother doing anything, has he turned up for even one game yet? there's a lot of people in the leagues like him (many through no fault of their own as RL always comes first).

As for foretelling doom, I'm not really, I'm being a realist. Look at what we have at the moment, 1 league that had HUGE support from the very beginning and it has taken over a month to play the last 2 games. As much as I hate to say it CoD multiplayer won't be going back to the way it was where we could easily fill a 12 man game in minutes of the room opening because of games like GTA\Grid coming out and Battlefield on the horizon.

I'd gladly take part in any league you were to host and would be grateful of all the time/effort you put into it.

Pink Ninja is right, sadly. As much as I've loved the league, it seems ennui has taken over for the most part. With only three games left it seems we'll be fortunate to get even those played. (But let's try, dammit!)

• 2 months later...