GTA:IV preorders, shipping, shop dates, times etc

Stanley

Well, they've debited my account for the game, which based on previous experience with Gameplay means the game will arrive tomorrow.

TOUCH ME!

Mine too. No chance we'll be getting them before next Tuesday though, sadly.

Mine too. No chance we'll be getting them before next Tuesday though, sadly.

Well, yes... :) Fucking midnight-launch arseholes will have hours on me in terms of gameplay. I've got it sent to my work, so if I don't turn up on Tuesday until at least 1pm I'm not getting to play it on day 1.

Hopefully the reward for being the first to complete the game 100% will be an unchangeable "fat, smelly virgin" avatar which even prostitutes won't shag.

You know what? I don't even mind if I don't receive a copy from Amazon on Tuesday. I will be very calm about it. I have plenty of other things to do (I'm actually worried about whether I'll have time for GTAIV next week). I bet you a billion pounds that once we've played it for 20 hours, we'll think, "It's just another GTA game... same popup, same bad targeting, same difficulty spikes, why did I neeeeeed it on Tuesday?"

But if it doesn't come by Thursday or Friday, some unlucky postman in Chorley, Lancashire, is going to come home to a burning house.

"It's just another GTA game... same popup, same bad targeting, same difficulty spikes, why did I neeeeeed it on Tuesday?"

We dont. But Okotta has annoyed me so much with his BS that if my copy arrives before release Im going to send him pictures of myself wiping my arse on the disc.

But, imagine if they did send them early. In reality there's not much R* could do.

If they signed an agreement it would be breach of contract. Take 2 prob wouldn't pursue it, but the risk of it would stop a lot of people dispatching early.

If this hasn't come before Tuesday, and I don't manage to grab this at a midnight launch, when I wake up Tuesday morning I'm going to have something of a decision on my hands. Do I;

a) Wait for the post, which usually arrives around 10?

B) Get into town for 9 and catch the shops as they open, to try and grab a copy?

It's probably the hardest decision anyone's ever made. Keep a look out for my report on exactly what happened this time next week.

I've got 2 pre-orders and I'm going to end up with 2 copies of the game. Don't sweat it, I'm not. All the cool kids are gonna have multiple copies of this game. B)

I've got 2 pre-orders and I'm going to end up with 2 copies of the game. Don't sweat it, I'm not. All the cool kids are gonna have multiple copies of this game. B)

You could potentially end up with 3 if both your pre-orders arrive after Monday and you end up getting it from a shop. That makes you the coolest kid on the block.

Why, cos they want their game to come out/get played on the actual release date?

Terrible.

No, because they're going to such stupid lengths to ensure that.

What trouble is there in online retailers sending the games out as they usually do and the fans getting the game a day or so early? It'd make a hell of a lot of people very happy.

No, because they're going to such stupid lengths to ensure that.

What trouble is there in online retailers sending the games out as they usually do and the fans getting the game a day or so early? It'd make a hell of a lot of people very happy.

They're going to such lengths because of the social club thing, it's fair enough. And besides only a tiny tiny fraction of 'fans' are going to give a shit.

No..there will be plenty of people like you. All with that huge sense of disappointment seeing the shelves bereft of GTA IV :lol:

To be honest that I could live with. I was thinking of leaving it for a few weeks in order to finish off some games I have on the go just now. I still don't believe it'll be sold out everywhere though, they said that about San Andreas and I walked in to Game on launch day and was able to pick that up. Only played it for about an hour though and never did go back to it. The last one I really enjoyed and spent any time on was GTA3!!