IGNORED

CBeebies

biglime

I used to love watching telly with my neice, Peppa Pig, Humf and Ben and Holly all good stuff, the latter being genuinly funny. Now she watches those horribly formuliac computer generated pieces of shit, Micky Mouse's clubhouse, Special Douchbag Osu and the rest. They're all exactly the same every episode no story or humour or joy or anything. I want to shake her and yell at her about it but then I'd look crazy.

Luckily my nephew is younger so he'll be watching the fun stuff soon.

I took my son to Paultons Park when Justin Fletcher did a 30 minute show. It was mental. So many children & pushchairs. :omg: Still, it was kinda fun. Singing 'hello, hello, how are you?' with a crowd of a few hundred mums and toddlers is not something you get to do every day is it. :D

Dina Lady rolling her eye's when Tommy Tummy says 'Hello Tommy' crack's me up every time. The man is a genius, I'd love to see what he would do with a 5-6pm Saturday night slot on the BBC. TV that adults and young children can watch & enjoy together seems rare now days, everything is just segmented in to their own channels.

I love his DIY character as well, echoes of Kenny Everett for certain.

I'd also say that while Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom is on Nick Jnr, it is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. An episode the other day set in King & Queen Marigold's castle had me laughing out loud. Nanny Plum is a legend.

Dina Lady rolling her eye's when Tommy Tummy says 'Hello Tommy' crack's me up every time.

And me - funnily enough I was going to post the same thing when I saw this thread was alive. It is genius.

Anyone find themselves still watching the channel when their rugrat has gone for a nap???

It blew my mind to find that Justin also does the voices of Jake and Doodles in the Tweenies. If he got run over the channel have to shut down for a month while they rejigged everything. A friend went to Camp Bestival with his five year old last year and apparently there was nearly a riot when Mr. Tumble came on. The crowd was almsot as big as for the headline bands.

Also, when you're emotionally exhausted after a day looking after a hyper 11-month-old, the pan pipes in Waybuloo can almost bring a tear to your eye.

I can't reconcile myself the In the Night Garden though, even though my daughter loves it. As a reasoned adult you're always trying to find the key that will make sense of it all, like would with Mulholland Drive or Twin Peaks, but the thing is...there is no key. I was really hoping that in the last episode they made that Iggle Piggle would wake up and it would turn out he was an accountant in a coma, but it was just some guff about the ball bouncing around. AGAIN.

suicide is the key...

I'd also say that while Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom is on Nick Jnr, it is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. An episode the other day set in King & Queen Marigold's castle had me laughing out loud. Nanny Plum is a legend.

I was going to mention Ben & Holly too, that and Peppa Pig are top notch shows which are up there with cbeebies output for me.

Anyone find themselves still watching the channel when their rugrat has gone for a nap???

Heh, we would often put the telly on and it would still be on cbeebies... When faced with the depressing alternatives, it often didn't get changed! Who wants to watch the horrible stories on the news when you can watch cbeebies?

Yeah, it's a bit of escapism, isn't it? These days we tend to watch a mix of Nick Jr and CBeebies, mainly thanks to Peppa Pig and Ben and Holly. The latter's great, but I still prefer the former - Daddy Pig is honestly one of the best cartoon creations ever. I find Peppa Pig funnier than most adult comedies, if I'm honest.

Ahem, I may have watched the CBeebies pantomime. Which had absolutely nothing to do with Katy 'I Can Cook' in her gold leggings.

she did some OB work in the ICC garden, getting some parsley, and she was a LOT slimmer than usual.

Would.

I love me some Gigglebiz, I couldn't count how many times i've watched it (with and without the kids). Ophelia was pretty obsessed with Justin for a while, we even travelled up and spent a weekend in Scarborough to see Justin perform. It was a massive production and was absolutely crammed.

At the moment she really into Peppa Pig and Ben and Hollys Little Kingdom. :D

My older son is three now, in contrast to what others in this thread have been saying, I've found the stuff he's watching is getting better and better. My enjoyment of In The Night Garden is massively outweighed by the evenings I've spent watching Batman: The Brave and the Bold for two hours after he's gone to bed. It's the best thing on TV at the moment.

Also, when you're emotionally exhausted after a day looking after a hyper 11-month-old, the pan pipes in Waybuloo can almost bring a tear to your eye.

I find Waybuloo genuinely relaxing, I could watch that for ages, though it makes me want to take acid a bit.

Ahem, I may have watched the CBeebies pantomime. Which had absolutely nothing to do with Katy 'I Can Cook' in her gold leggings.

I can cook has become a favourite now, just because the kids are familiar with it and they like things they recognise. The first few weeks it was on they didn't seem that enthused, but I made them keep watching it because Katy is so much hotter than anyone else on kids tv.

The only Cbeebies I get to watch is Something Special. This is due to work. I support a girl with down-syndrome who adores Mr Tumble so if she's getting a treat, its often to go watch an episode of Mr Tumble on DVD. She sits there signing along, she has very limited speech so the signs she learns are amazing. If I don't know a sign and need to find it instead of getting out the makton books I quite often just ask her " the sign for....... " and she'll do it for me.

I'm watching CBeebies with my four year old this morning and I just saw an advert for this:

http://i.imgur.com/fyPiH.jpg

By day he fights crime, by night he plays in a reggae band. There is no way it can be anything other than completely brilliant, is there? :lol:

I think they did one of the books as the bedtime story a while back as well.

[edit]

it was jackanory junior, with lenny henry

I found a clip

http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/jackanory-junior-rastamouse/11516.html

Edited by SeanR

Cerrie should be sacked for being shite though, not for having one hand. Out of all of them she's fecking useless. Andy and Sid FTW!

Gigglebiz is all kinds of amaze. The other comedy clips show which you should watch, although its on CBBC is 'sorry i've got no head'. Genuine laughs throughout.

Well Rastamouse didn't quite live up to its title and synopsis but it could certainly be one to watch. The theme tune is good and the characters are decent (I didn't expect all the mice to speak with Jamaican accents) but the story was a little flat. It did make me really hungry for cheese though.