Formula 1 - Codemasters

tyler

As he says though just pit a lap earlier or later. I've had no issue due to doing this. People are over reacting slightly I feel. I'm loving the single player in this.

If that were the only issue it would be workable. That the AI are immune to varying fuel loads and tyre wear is unforgivable.

I think other than time trailing I'll be sticking to Dead Rising 2 until they sort out career mode... It really is a bloody joke tried it again earlier and got screwed over for the final time!

Seriously how did this issue pass testing?

The problems are blatent, no way QA would have missed those. I'd put serious money that the team at Codies knew about these things and had been told to ship anyway.

The engine sound is another minor gripe. It sounds awful at the end of a straight or if you leave it in a lower gear too long.

Eh? If you're over-revving then an F1 engine sounds like that. Up the gear ratios if it annoys you.

I assume windows & xbox Live can't race each other?

Fuckin' hell, Choddo. Were you born yesterday? :lol:

Superfical.

superfiscal.

:unsure:

Yeah it really penalises you for trying to turn and brake at the same time, more so than GT!

According to the wise Forza Motorsport 3 loading screen tips: "friction used for braking can't be used for turning".

What, do you only brake once you're in a corner (rather than before it) in a real car as well? :rolleys:

Yet someone, somewhere, called it the most realistic simulation ever?

Good man. +1. :)

Is it this one?

5680724A66UC294048X.jpg

Because I just bought it

Do you connect it to the mains? (if not, it hasn't got force-feedback, only rumble feedback)

Right bought this for the ps3

Is it my setup, or does it look, I dunno, a bit sparse???

It seems to be running in a much lower res than 1080i, posisbly 480p???

My mate bought it for his PS3 as well, and he said the same thing. I did a bit of searching and it seems the PS3 version apparently looks inferior to the 360 version. The Red Dead Redemption trend continues...

I'm sure I read somewhere that there will be no patches for this game.

You've read the developer's feedback by now, so you won't need any patches either.

As he says though just pit a lap earlier or later. I've had no issue due to doing this. People are over reacting slightly I feel. I'm loving the single player in this.

People are overreacting. I've had the bugs and it didn't affect my game much. Watch your map for traffic in the pits; do another lap if it's crowded.

So has anyone got anything good to say about it? I really enjoyed my 3 practise and qualifying sessions at Bahrain. I'm going for a 50% race distance on Professional difficulty, am I now guaranteed to be disappointed and throw my toys out the pram too ?

I think you really need to bring a lot of enthusiasm for F1 to this game. You need to get a buzz when you see the big names, get jazzed about being on those tracks and be slightly forgiving of a few problems and consider that its Codies first in a series and focus on the good stuff.

I have to give a mention to the sound. In my admittedly short time with the game I started out on the track pretty much on my own but before long I was tearing down straights alongside Alonso and spinning out in front of Jensen. My 5.1 headphones delivered and I was really digging the audio from the cars when up close and hearing them in the distance.

BARGAIN BIN.

You suckers got screwed.

Operation Flashpoint anyone?

And you can just fuck off. Twat.

Lets face it when it's good it's good, but the AI and pit stop bugs are an issue. I wouldn't have played through three GP weekends had there not been some things I loved about it.

It's kind of like playing a great football game and you're wining 1 - 0 at half-time and having a great time, but some error in the game see's it restart at 1 - 3 down every single time. In this you drive well, you feel great, but then these bugs occur and despite all that's happened you feel cheated and fustrated.

It frustrates me because practice and quail just nail the F1 feel really well, and then the cracks start to show in the actual race!

Especially when you've put the time in to play a full race weekend, qualified in a good position, then it all goes to shit due to something totally out of your control.

Whilst I am still loving this, 5 completely wet races in (even Catalunya ffs!) it appears to be monsoon season everywhere on Earth!

Plus, fuck the chicane right at the end of the Catalunya circuit, I can bounce all over the kerbs through every other corner on the circuit but not this one?

P.S. I am aware I need to be less shit

This game is totally the digital version of a slightly ugly chav who's dynamite in bed. Massive flaws, not particularly nice to look at at most people won't look twice, but holy shit when it is good, it's funking good.

Shall join you folks for some races in the next week!

So it seems that the AI cars - now it would appear even in the race itself, not just P/Q - are not connected to the times posted. Essentially, you are 'racing the cars' but the lap times they post are a complete fabrication. It's clearly not a bug...it's just a bizarre design choice to present an illusion. I suppose this accounts for the lack of split times...Where the game isn't bugged it's all smoke and mirrors. :(

Great racing engine, great weather etc, etc. But all in all...

It frustrates me because practice and quail just nail the F1 feel really well, and then the cracks start to show in the actual race!

Especially when you've put the time in to play a full race weekend, qualified in a good position, then it all goes to shit due to something totally out of your control.

I totally agree with this.

Watching the pits is odd, cars ghosted and driving through each other. It's a pretty essential part of the F1 experience to just ignore.

According to the wise Forza Motorsport 3 loading screen tips: "friction used for braking can't be used for turning".

What, do you only brake once you're in a corner (rather than before it) in a real car as well? :rolleys:

Well if we're going to be picky over words, someone, who shall remain nameless Meerman, hasn't heard of trail braking.

http://virtualracersedge.com/trail_braking.htm

A tip, i might add that CAN be applied to Forza and more importantly F1 cars because their light.

http://www.driftingstreet.com/braking-technique-trail.html

Mmm. I played a couple more races in career today and what doesn't help is that there's not a consistent challenge at any difficulty level. Did Barcelona on Legend, finished last by a country mile despite acing each lap. Nothing I could do. Moved onto Monaco, didn't make any mistakes but was hardly what you'd call 'on it' and cruised around to an easy 8th position.

Very confusing.

Mmm. I played a couple more races in career today and what doesn't help is that there's not a consistent challenge at any difficulty level. Did Barcelona on Legend, finished last by a country mile despite acing each lap. Nothing I could do. Moved onto Monaco, didn't make any mistakes but was hardly what you'd call 'on it' and cruised around to an easy 8th position.

Very confusing.

That is an issue I'm having. Tracks I don't know well I seem to be doing well at. But I'm in the middle of doing Catalunya (a track I enjoy and have played dozens of times in Forza) and am right at the back - literally 24th place. Nothing I do gets me higher up the grid, which is baffling to be honest.

Talking of Catalunya, has the track layout changed at all, as this version seems slightly different to the Forza 3 version at the corner with the name painted in huge white and red letters - forget the name of it.

Sounds exactly like real formula one :D

Plus, fuck the chicane right at the end of the Catalunya circuit, I can bounce all over the kerbs through every other corner on the circuit but not this one?

Ah, not just me then! Originally I thought it was to do with the spring settings, but even at the softest settings I just cannot speed over them - either trickle over them or avoid, which is pretty difficult.

I drove my first 50% race today in preparation for the rllmuk championship, was placed a decent 4th until I pitted... followed the 1/2 laps early advice... but on the way out somehow a ghost car stops me dead, and I wait 30 seconds before it buggers off! Finished 18th in the end. And paused a lot

SteveH: Oh, the hairpin after the 5th gear right? They changed it for the F1 cars back in 2003 or so - originally it was less tight. Believe the original corner is still there and they use it for Moto GP :).

I think the issue might be that the AI are numpties when it comes to slow corners, whilst on straights and quick bends they are unrealistically quick. The really, really odd thing is that you can be leading a car and not particularly holding him up, yet if he gets past suddenly he goes four seconds per lap quicker than you. Barcelona is the worst case of it happening so far for me, but I'm guessing Silverstone might be a bit of a nightmare later on.

SteveH: Oh, the hairpin after the 5th gear right? They changed it for the F1 cars back in 2003 or so - originally it was less tight. Believe the original corner is still there and they use it for Moto GP :).

Yeah I think you are on the same page :) I'm sure it isn't as tight in Forza 3 though. It is similar, but feels just that little bit different. And Forza was only released 12 months ago so I would assume they use the same layout. No biggie, just caught me out the first time I went around it.

The problems are blatent, no way QA would have missed those. I'd put serious money that the team at Codies knew about these things and had been told to ship anyway.

I would have thought they'd be some way towards releasing a patch or would even have had a day one patch if that were the case. The noises are that they're having a meeting on Monday to discuss the issues. Of course we don't know how much is just covering up the real reasons for releasing the game in this state.

T4RG4 has said it's not QAs fault though. So either they got told to ship no matter what, implemented changes late on that they couldn't test or, surely not, printed an older build...

So it seems that the AI cars - now it would appear even in the race itself, not just P/Q - are not connected to the times posted. Essentially, you are 'racing the cars' but the lap times they post are a complete fabrication. It's clearly not a bug...it's just a bizarre design choice to present an illusion. I suppose this accounts for the lack of split times...Where the game isn't bugged it's all smoke and mirrors. :(

Very confusing.

They clearly couldn't get the AI to go round the tracks properly and didn't have time to sort it, so we're left with the odd smoke & mirrors situation as Warszawa says.

I think the issue might be that the AI are numpties when it comes to slow corners, whilst on straights and quick bends they are unrealistically quick. The really, really odd thing is that you can be leading a car and not particularly holding him up, yet if he gets past suddenly he goes four seconds per lap quicker than you. Barcelona is the worst case of it happening so far for me, but I'm guessing Silverstone might be a bit of a nightmare later on.

Correct, the MotoGP guys take to the other section of track and ride wide, round the outside of the big red and white painted 'circuit de catalunya' bit, they also don't cut in for that last chicane section either :)

Haven't played the track in this yet, but watched a vid on YouTube just now and it looks the same to me. Will have a TT on there in the morning for a proper look and report my findings :)

Fuckin' hell, Choddo. Were you born yesterday? :lol:

So I'm right? I only mentioned it because you see all your xbox live mateys coming & going when you're playing the Windows version and the thing is a fucking total console port with none of the usual UI finesse you'd expect on a PC game. And even then I still didn't think it would work.