Formula 1 - Codemasters

tyler

Seems to be specific to certain corners, but they can be in the first, second or third sectors! Plenty of them would have no advantage for any other lap. I've cut a corner and had that lap invalidated, which is fair. I've also cut other corners and the next lap is invalid! In Singagpore I tested over shooting the corner that previously got me that penalty and I got the exact same result. It's certainly seems to be set in stone for some parts of the track.

Forza does the same thing if it's variable distance before the start/finish straight, presumably to stop any advantage on the next lap. Just sometimes it tends to be way further back than makes logical sense...

Incidentally, the OnlineRaceDriver review of F1 2010 is now online - I'd be interested in what you guys think of it, and having not played it yet myself, I'd be interested in putting together a list of all the bugs you've all found, and making sure we haven't missed anything...

All this waffle about best F1 game....my hairy arse....

360 devs should be hitting this...

I don't care that its pay per month or whatever, there's no reason why a console dev can't do the same, short of having a lower res.

And don't anyone tell me that just because its a sim it's too hard....coz thats poo.

Because you'd work it out and then you'd enjoy it.

I would, and it looks great (but a bit cel-shaded). Pay per month is a bit...dunno...'extra'. :s

I have to do some work as well, so we could start a race at 10:15 PM UK time. Let's see how things go and who can stay up that late for some games.

Oh bloody hell. Do your work on weekdays, Sundays is relaxing day.

I'm off to bed in 30 minutes. I'll kick your arse another day. ;)

I would, and it looks great (but a bit cel-shaded). Pay per month is a bit...dunno...'extra'. :s

Fait point - but this is the difference between sim and massmarket and i get awfully frustated that the purity of the game is being removed to appeal to lots of people. On console at least.

I honestly think people like sims more then they realise. You know?

Like arcade games are fine...but theres a massive gap. We're only seeing the bottom half of a glass.

I just had a quick play with F1 2010 and it doesn't cater for deaf gamers with engineer's dialect to driver.

Disappointing. I will have to use steering wheel for this game.

I've been trying to get a nice time in Spa in the Time Trial for hours today, and I can only agree more. You simply can't get the maximum out of the car with a pad because a steering and pedals are way more precise than a joystick and two triggers. Assists help a lot in terms of keeping you on-track. but going for the fastest time simply isn't possible.

I'm off to bed in 30 minutes. I'll kick your arse another day. ;)

You said that yesterday as well :lol:

Arrghh thought I pulled an awesome lap in Singapore, only the rest of the rllmukers to be 3-7 seconds faster!

And the guy on the top of the world leaderboard, baby something, apparently did the track in 7 seconds... loaded his ghost and I was 1m 40s behind :facepalm:

p2609102109.jpg

Dayte, did you have to show off my incompetence to a wider audience! Oh, the humiliation. I've actually managed to slowly whittle my Singapore time down to 1:45 now, seems I may finally be getting to grips with this game. Well, I hope, although getting a good time on Spa for the rllmuk time trial is proving pretty challenging.

ok while the game is no where near perfect what I have found is, spending ALL weekend, tweaking, as apposed playing, Ive got the AI plus finding what level of driver assistance I can cope with and without.

Its makes the career a much more interesting and challenging game. I am now, instead of being a mile back in 24th or instead easily popping out podium finishes, just qualifying into P2 IF I string a good lap together being the best driver out of the new teams and even once or twice piping some of the Williams, Saubers for starting places. I am beating my team mate and getting recognized for it. This to me feels like all I should be achieving in a Lotus car, I don't want to be winning the championship or even seeing Quali 3 unless I sneak a time in the dry before it starts raining (although I hear theirs a bug in that). 3rd race in and I'm 17th and I think by the time I finish this season, I'll have Williams or other teams looking at me which is the most real thing I could expect.

The bugs listed in the previous page are annoying, tyres in P2 stuff like that. One niggley thing I would have loved and I think Soong put the money on it, They day of the race, i would have loved to have driven to the grid and moved among spectators, would have given it a more immersed feeling.

AI Driver set to Professional. Brake Assist and Racing line is off.ABS is on. Traction Control is medium.Gearbox auto. Pit Lane is off (makes no difference -bug-).

Now I am prob not as good a driver as some of you guys so I suggest spending time tweaking it to your likings, but this is what gives me a challenge. After a while I turned traction control off in Bahrain as I am so used to it now, but on a career race per race setup I leave it at medium.

I think other than time trailing I'll be sticking to Dead Rising 2 until they sort out career mode... It really is a bloody joke tried it again earlier and got screwed over for the final time!

Seriously how did this issue pass testing?

The problems are blatent, no way QA would have missed those. I'd put serious money that the team at Codies knew about these things and had been told to ship anyway.

A common occurrence.

There's a misconception that things do not get "Past QA". However often QA will go mad on it, yet the decision will be made to ship the game - because it doesn't crash the game/isn't a fatal error then it's okay to be shipped.

It seems obvious that the game "had" to be out, and that there were going to be many, many early adopters - they money is in the pot now, job done.

Really enjoyed the races tonight guys. A last lap battle with Karzee for fifth at Singapore (he prevailed, of course) was particularly aces. He overtook me on the final corner, and then appeared to powerslide his Lotus over the finish line. Looked pretty damn epic from where I was sitting. Somehow qualifying second at Spa (I still have no idea how this happened) was also awesome, my internet randomly disconnecting on like the third corner of the race itself wasn't. Bah.

BARGAIN BIN.

You suckers got screwed.

Operation Flashpoint anyone?

:lol:

Codies have become experts at marketing and buttering up the journos now. Great scores all round!

:coffee:

Dimahoo: wish my pc would run that game and I'd be all over it. I really like the movement of the cars in that video. I'm still annoyed by the jerk fests that are the cars in F1 2010 - it just looks wrong them jiggling around all over the place.

Had another bug this evening - make that one bug and several iffy decisions that went against me. Firstly a car went up my arse at Monaco, but I got the penalty and to top it all it spun me. I was diagonally facing the wrong way, as I pulled forward to spin the car it disqualified me for driving the wrong way around the track :facepalm: I must have moved all of 1 foot in the wrong direction, and had no choice because I had to spin my car around.

The bug I encountered was during a practice session. A car rammed me up the arse (penalty for me again though - hurrah) the car that hit me lost its front wing, but happily stayed out for a few more laps with no loss of performance.

I wish I could keep coming here posting good stuff.....oh yeah, Canada was immense. Had a great run and came third in my Sauber. Love that track :D

The bug I encountered was during a practice session. A car rammed me up the arse (penalty for me again though - hurrah) the car that hit me lost its front wing, but happily stayed out for a few more laps with no loss of performance.

That isn't even a bug, it's something that has been clearly known about for absolutely ages before release.

The AI is effectively cheating; and in a game that's based on F1 and simulation it actually makes it on a par with Mario Kart.

AI Driver set to Professional. Brake Assist and Racing line is off.ABS is on. Traction Control is medium.Gearbox auto. Pit Lane is off (makes no difference -bug-).

It's the fuel simulation and the AI not obeying it in particular that kills it. I have Legend AI, brake assist off, line to corners only, ABS off, TCS full, manual gearbox and both pitlane options on, and honestly I couldn't push my Virgin any more than I did in Australia. Gradually slipping back with a full tank whilst the AI quite happily sets low 1.30s consistantly.

I turned it off in frustration and found I could keep up with 16th/17th. But there are so many other issues with the incredibly shoddy, almost beta single player it's really put me off trying. The blue flag rules really annoy me. I get it - let the faster cars by, but why I am getting punished when they're 5 car lengths behind without the speed to pass me and occasionally bin it in the corners. Am I supposed to pull over while they're flailing around in the gravel?

It's a crying shame as the driving model as well as the online (when you get a decent room) is really incredible stuff (it may not be entirely sim, but who cares when it's this much fun?). It's so frustrating! :(

The save corruption bug, btw, a lot of people on the Codies' forum are putting down to the R&D when it becomes available. Back up your save and don't touch it.

Really enjoyed the races tonight guys. A last lap battle with Karzee for fifth at Singapore (he prevailed, of course) was particularly aces. He overtook me on the final corner, and then appeared to powerslide his Lotus over the finish line. Looked pretty damn epic from where I was sitting. Somehow qualifying second at Spa (I still have no idea how this happened) was also awesome, my internet randomly disconnecting on like the third corner of the race itself wasn't. Bah.

Man, I had a nightmare with that race. First race of the night and I accidentally picked car settings with lots of understeer for a track with loads of sharp corners and no run off. Definitely NOT the way to go.

Great racing you though.