Formula 1 - Codemasters

tyler

Man, I had a nightmare with that race. First race of the night and I accidentally picked car settings with lots of understeer for a track with loads of sharp corners and no run off. Definitely NOT the way to go.

Great racing you though.

Mcspeed beat me to line the by 1 tenth in that race too, it was a good ending to a bit of a messy race. I like Singapore alot though (now i've learnt it), just got to do the same for bloody Abu Dabi.

Had to play with headphones on tonight because of peeps sleeping and ouch it's uncomfortable having a headset on too, i'm going to blame that on the whupping i'm getting so far in our races. Good job guys.

AI Driver set to Professional. Brake Assist and Racing line is off.ABS is on. Traction Control is medium.Gearbox auto. Pit Lane is off (makes no difference -bug-).

Now I am prob not as good a driver as some of you guys so I suggest spending time tweaking it to your likings, but this is what gives me a challenge. After a while I turned traction control off in Bahrain as I am so used to it now, but on a career race per race setup I leave it at medium.

Just out of interest why are you driving in auto ?

Quick question before I get my parents to send me a game accessory half way around the world so I can use it with this game:

Is the original Driving Force PS2 wheel compatible?

logdriveforce.jpg

Thanks!

Check a few pages back, I'm pretty sure someone stated that this wheel does not work.

Right, does anyone know if the Logitech Force feedback wheel and pedals, that came with GT3 on the PS2, will work with either the 360 or PS3?

I believe it will work with the PS3 but no dice with the 360.

This is all I could find. He's asking about an older model of the wheel, but if the GT3 wheel works, the Driving Force should too, right? Please?

PS3 owner here, by the way.

According to Codies, these are the wheels that work with the PS3 version:

PS3:

• DUAL SHOCK 3

• Logitech Driving Force EX/RX

• Logitech Driving Force Pro

• Logitech Driving Force GT

• Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

• Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

• Thrustmaster Run’N’Drive Wireless Rumble Force

• Thrustmaster Dual Trigger Rumble Force

:hat:

According to Codies, these are the wheels that work with the PS3 version:

PS3:

• DUAL SHOCK 3

• Logitech Driving Force EX/RX

• Logitech Driving Force Pro

• Logitech Driving Force GT

• Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

• Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

• Thrustmaster Run’N’Drive Wireless Rumble Force

• Thrustmaster Dual Trigger Rumble Force

:hat:

Yeah, I know, thanks. People keep saying that that's just the official list, though, and that other wheels could work fine. The Driving Force series is well-supported, so I kinda got my hopes up thinking my old one would work too.

I guess it's not worth the risk, though.

Gah I've not seen a game where the enjoyment is fucked this much by bugs in ages.

I put in a storming, storming drive to 11th in China in a Lotus, inch perfect the whole way.

Ruined by my teammate finishing 4th because he couldn't be fucked to make a pitstop.

It's a seemingly minor bug but it's a stake through the heart of actually playing the career mode.

To make things slightly more annoying still, the AI either stop twice or not at all. As a result it completely screws the race results between those who have not visited the pits enough and those who have for some reason been in too many times.

Hopefully something Codies can sort out with the patch. Over the past week though it's turned into something like The Twilight Zone: The Game in the way that everything looks fine at first, only for some seriously strange cracks to appear the longer things go on.

Could some kind soul please post their settings (default or pref custom) for the official xbox FF wheel. I've dicked about with them to try and make them better but ended up making it worse. Whatever I do the throttle is almost 100% on or off. Almost impossible to feed the power in which make getting round places like the arena at Silverstone a spin fest. Cheese :)

Yeah, sometimes you absolutely understand how bugs got through but this one virtually everyone discovers in their first 30 minutes. I actually wondered if they'd accidentally sent an old version to the duplicators by mistake.

Also I didn't know some pit twice, that takes the shine off my 11th a little but also explains why I spent a lot of time racing Kubica.

This is all I could find. He's asking about an older model of the wheel, but if the GT3 wheel works, the Driving Force should too, right? Please?

PS3 owner here, by the way.

No it doesn't. I ended up takign the ps3 version back. The wheel works on the dashboard, but not in the game... Feeling quite lucky I managed to blag a refund for the game now!

Has anyone played with manual pit entry? I'm wondering how hard it is to do correctly, seeing as the game on auto, sends your car in at a ridiculously strange angle. I assume you can take a smoother entry, providing you recognise which pit box is yours.

No it doesn't. I ended up takign the ps3 version back. The wheel works on the dashboard, but not in the game... Feeling quite lucky I managed to blag a refund for the game now!

Thanks for clearing that up. Might have to give this a miss, then. Can't be arsed playing it with the sixaxis and can't really afford a new wheel.

Oh well.

Well just traded this in and got £30 back so only lost a couple of quid.

The guys face behind the counter was a picture though.. his first words were "What! Youve finished it already!?" ... so I proceeded to set him straight on what a buggy mess the SP is! He did seem genuinely surprised, so Im guessing they havent had any back....yet! :P

The guys face behind the counter was a picture though.. his first words were "What! Youve finished it already!?" ... so I proceeded to set him straight on what a buggy mess the SP is! He did seem genuinely surprised, so Im guessing they havent had any back....yet! :P

I had almost exactly the same reaction when I did the very same thing yesterday.

Where did you trade your copy in? I am getting rid of mine today.

Yeah, sometimes you absolutely understand how bugs got through but this one virtually everyone discovers in their first 30 minutes. I actually wondered if they'd accidentally sent an old version to the duplicators by mistake..

All these bugs will be known about before release I'm positive.

What's important for the company, however, is getting the game out. Most likely they had a release date set and they didn't want it to slip.

It seems that the game could probably do with another month at least, I'd say more likely closer to 3.

Had Codies decided to hold the game a month, that means you've only got 2 GPs left if the current season. If the championship is over they're going to believe that not as many people are going to buy the game.

While this is debatable, had the game been given the time it needed, another 3 months or even better - a version for early next year...on count 1 the game is out of date/sales will be lower than requires and on count 2 that's the 2011 version of the game.

What's important is that there's a game on the shelves that has F1 cars, got good reviews, and sold plenty on it's initial release.

While the bugs are regrettable it's important for them to get your money early so they can keep paying people/make the next version/keep their pub stocked up that they have at one of their sites. ;)

Wouldn't you guys agree that it's better for you to give them your money now to ensure there's a better version next year? If not; get a refund.

What I do find quite surprising is the reviews. What may well have happened, and can be common, is that Codies could have sent review copies out with a list of "known bugs that will be fixed by release". The reviewer will then ignore those issues.

Of course, at a point like this, it's possible that if this did happen, they knew that a lot of those bugs weren't going to be fixed. I'm sure you can see what I mean.

That's just speculation though, perhaps all the reviewers were massively lucky and didn't get these issues, or erm...yeah.

What I do find quite surprising is the reviews. What may well have happened, and can be common, is that Codies could have sent review copies out with a list of "known bugs that will be fixed by release". The reviewer will then ignore those issues.

Of course, at a point like this, it's possible that if this did happen, they knew that a lot of those bugs weren't going to be fixed. I'm sure you can see what I mean.

That's just speculation though, perhaps all the reviewers were massively lucky and didn't get these issues, or erm...yeah.

McSpeed's a games reviewer and he told me exactly this last night. That a game will be sent for review and any bugs that are found the publisher/dev will just say that these bugs are included in the 5% tolerance and will be fixed. And then they're not.

McSpeed's a games reviewer and he told me exactly this last night. That a game will be sent for review and any bugs that are found the publisher/dev will just say that these bugs are included in the 5% tolerance and will be fixed. And then they're not.

See, this is pretty much massaging review scores when it happens. It also makes reviewers seem unprofessional and rubbish at their job/or that they've not played it.

Plus, of course, the company are clearly lying to get better scores. Then once it's published, on the net, and on metacritic, what does it matter? They've got the result they wanted.

There's no way of knowing if this did happen with F1 2010, it would be interesting to know though.

Where did you trade your copy in? I am getting rid of mine today.

For pure convenience I went to GAME, although Im sure anywhere doing trades should be giving around the £30 mark.. didnt have time to shop about though.

[Also is it not possible to get refunds on games now?]

Probably but having got it from ShopTo wasnt worth the hassle.. although Im sure there are some grounds for it being classed as faulty goods ;)