Beyond Good and Evil 2

ianinthefuture

Fuck, thats it im actually going to finish this at weekend. Would love to see a second allthough I really cant see it happening after the piss poor sales of the first.

If they do hopefully they can release it when it will get the recognition it deserves. (if its any good of course)

Beyond Good and Evil wasn't as good as people think it was. The style was great, the setting was excellent - but the wimped out and changed their Jade design to make her a real tomboy. The game didn't hold up for me and, right at the end, I ran into a game breaking bug where I'd collected all the pearls on the map but didn't have enough to continue, so I could finish my rocket.

Beyond Good and Evil wasn't as good as people think it was. The style was great, the setting was excellent - but the wimped out and changed their Jade design to make her a real tomboy. The game didn't hold up for me and, right at the end, I ran into a game breaking bug where I'd collected all the pearls on the map but didn't have enough to continue, so I could finish my rocket.

I didn't hit that bug, but I absolutely agree with you. I enjoyed BGE, but it was nothing more than a charmingly presented, average game.

It's precisely as good as I think it is.

:wub:

Me too!

Short enough to replay over a weekend, too (in fact, I pretty much did have to do that, as I encountered a bug that wouldn't let me pass and didn't have an earlier save so had to restart it - boo!).

I sold it with all my other PAL GC stuff, unfortunately. I wouldn't mind having another go. Anyone tried it on the PC?

The game is only in pre-production with no confirmation that Ubisoft want to fund full development.

During an interview with our compatriots at JeuxVideo Magazine, Michel Ancel (father of Rayman) declared that "Beyond Good and Evil 2" is actually in the pre-production phase. Considered one of the best games of 2003, "Beyond Good and Evil" unfortunately did not achieve the expected level of commercial success. <<I'm working on "Beyond Good and Evil 2. We've been in pre-production for a year, and we're mainly doing R&D with a small group. But for now, we're in the 'outline' step. Ubisoft has not greenlit this project,>> Ancel admitted during the course of the interview. He also noted that from 10 to 12 people are working on the project.

<< We want to continue the style of the original: a great variety of gameplay types, lots of emotions in the gameplay, and engaging characters. This time we're going to examine the future of the planet, how the animals get along [...] >>. Sounds enticing, doesn't it? We hope at any rate that the French game company will rapidly greenlight the project. And why not announce this at the upcoming UbiDays event?

Source : JeuxVideo Magazine (Number 91).

.::: Oh dear, not another pig-infested instalment of the sub-Zelda clone...

One pig and some piglets do not an infestation make. :wub:

D'you know what I found great about BG&E though? Jade can talk, and it gives her a bit of character. Sure, Link runs around and saves the world, but he's one boring silent elf.

Disclaimer: I've only played Twilight Princess

BG&E had some great set-pieces. Escaping across the roof tops was great and the way the world changed as the resistance grew in power...

It just lacked *something* that makes Zelda games so special. It had the over-world stuff done well, but, the puzzles in the 'dungeons' were no where near as clever or interesting.

I think a lot of people forget that Zelda at its heart is a puzzle game - so when they copy it, they get the overworld and exploration done well... but rarely have as rewarding puzzles.

That's a good point actually scott, though I would definitely say the 'overworld' and setpiece stuff is way better in BGE than it ever has been in Zelda.

While I really liked the BGE overworld - it felt a bit small. I preferred The Wind Wakers open seas - and I preferred that games tri-force hunt to the pearl hunt in BGE but, tbh, given the chance, I'd rather have had neither.