Beyond Good and Evil 2

ianinthefuture

I have never played the original - but on a side note is it worth me borrowing it from someone?

Watching the love/hate for it in this thread and I'm having second thoughts about picking it up now. Does everyone really have to pick apart a game quite so much? Everything I'd heard before had been quite positive.

I have never played the original - but on a side note is it worth me borrowing it from someone?

Watching the love/hate for it in this thread and I'm having second thoughts about picking it up now. Does everyone really have to pick apart a game quite so much? Everything I'd heard before had been quite positive.

If you can borrow it you should.

It's a bloody fantastic game. Yes it has stealth sections, but don't be scared off by them just because other games have fucked them up. These ones are actually fun! The zelda comparisons are just because it's hard to reduce the game to a single genre.

You can get it for like 3 quid in any format these days, and it you can complete it in a weekend.

Indeed, it's dirt cheap now so there's no excuse not to have a look. As for me, I threw my copy out when clearing out my XB/DC/PS2 junk a while ago... :(

Damn, now I have to find someone else to borrow it from. :angry::(

Psch. The stealth bits were great. In fact, the best stealth bits in a non-stealth game ever.

:angry:

I honestly don't understand why "look new game" threads are always full of "oh no I don't like the series so this negatively affects me somehow". Wait til we've got some info at least, then slag it off without playing it.

Not really love/hate, to be honest. The game's very far from being bad. It's just that, personally, it got so much love that I was expecting something remarkable and it left me cold. Definitely worth a look, though.

Does anyone have an mp3 version of the soundtrack? All the talk of it in this thread has awakened a half-memory of it's amazingness but I can't remember any of it and that makes me very sad. :angry:

No, the game is for 360 and PS3. And even if Ubi hasn't confirmed it yet, it will almost certainly be released.

I only wish I could share your confidence. :lol:

The first was full of bugs and desperately average.

Did the quality vary depending on the platform perhaps? I played the Xbox version and didn't encounter a single problem.

Apart from the shit controls.

On the original Xbox, yes. Maybe. Remember the black and white buttons? Most idiotic buttons ever on a controller and some games even used them for reloading weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus, that realistic look is not a good look for this game. I want the cartoony look back. I want Beyond Good and Evil 2 to look like a videogame - I don't need this grey and realistic look for the game.

Seriously disappointed with this.

Jesus, that realistic look is not a good look for this game. I want the cartoony look back. I want Beyond Good and Evil 2 to look like a videogame - I don't need this grey and realistic look for the game.

Seriously disappointed with this.

I like the new graphical style actually. After all, they've done cartoony once already so why not try something different this time?

I like the new graphical style actually. After all, they've done cartoony once already so why not try something different this time?

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Just watched the teaser and it did nothing for me. Makes it look like Mad Max. I love Mad Max, but this game does not need to look like Mad Max. I fear it will end up looking grey, just like Gears of War. I love GoW, but Beyond Good and Evil 2 certainly does not need to look like GoW.

Gametrailers has the teaser along with the one for Prince of Persia. Gamevideos - as usual - is a waste of time with their slow bandwith.

Oh my! :lol: I couldn't care less about the graphical style of the game. I'm just glad we're getting a sequel at all. I hope they get the voice actors back from the first game. Can't fucking wait! ;)