Beyond Good and Evil 2

ianinthefuture

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Except they can't exactly use the same engine again though can they? New HD games need new engines, so they might as well try a new style while they're at it. Personally I think moving away from the garish visual style of the previous game will be a good thing, and judging by that trailer it's nowhere near as brown and grey as Gears of War. Besides, the trailer is set in a dusty desert.

Rats, I was going to make a post about Ubisoft now but I see I've been beaten to it. Met a French fella there a couple of days ago who's a sound engineer for the company. He's working on Ravin Rabbids which is going to be a Wii Balance Board game.

I was asking him what Ancel was doing and he said a new adventure game. Wouldn't tell me if it was BG&E though.

Jesus, they were ony suggesting that they had this in pre-production... I never thought they'd actually make it! Have they changed Peyj's voice actor though? He sounds like Marcus Phoenix.

Did sound different which would be a shame if so.

Jesus, that realistic look is not a good look for this game. I want the cartoony look back. I want Beyond Good and Evil 2 to look like a videogame - I don't need this grey and realistic look for the game.

Seriously disappointed with this.

Perhaps they will put in a special low res mode just for you.

Hopefully they'll manage a decent PAL conversion this time round, so I can play the game without those frickin' borders (both on PS2 and Xbox back in 2003 :angry: ).

Beard? Deliberate borders like Resi 4. The game was designed to be viewed in widescreen, so quite right to include borders.

Jesus, that realistic look is not a good look for this game. I want the cartoony look back. I want Beyond Good and Evil 2 to look like a videogame - I don't need this grey and realistic look for the game.

Seriously disappointed with this.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Just watched the teaser and it did nothing for me. Makes it look like Mad Max. I love Mad Max, but this game does not need to look like Mad Max. I fear it will end up looking grey, just like Gears of War. I love GoW, but Beyond Good and Evil 2 certainly does not need to look like GoW.

Gametrailers has the teaser along with the one for Prince of Persia. Gamevideos - as usual - is a waste of time with their slow bandwith.

FFS, it really seems like you manage to pop up and ruin every single thread about every game that looks promising. I didn't see any fucking grey in that video, and it looks anything but realistic. If you're not just trolling ( :angry:) and seriously think it looks grey and realistic then you need a new pair of glasses or a new brain.

I really hope you're banned before ICO3 is revealed and you come wading into that thread with your inane banter about "grey" "I already have the game" "it runs better in SD"

Beard? Deliberate borders like Resi 4. The game was designed to be viewed in widescreen, so quite right to include borders.

No beard mate... Back in them days, not everyone was playing in Widescreen yet. But truth be told, this is the first time someone pointed this out to me. I always put it down to a sloppy finish. I did know about Resi 4 though.