Beyond Good and Evil 2

ianinthefuture

Jesus, that realistic look is not a good look for this game. I want the cartoony look back. I want Beyond Good and Evil 2 to look like a videogame - I don't need this grey and realistic look for the game.

Seriously disappointed with this.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Just watched the teaser and it did nothing for me. Makes it look like Mad Max. I love Mad Max, but this game does not need to look like Mad Max. I fear it will end up looking grey, just like Gears of War. I love GoW, but Beyond Good and Evil 2 certainly does not need to look like GoW.

Gametrailers has the teaser along with the one for Prince of Persia. Gamevideos - as usual - is a waste of time with their slow bandwith.

You really are an utter fucking idiot aren't you? Come on, who's alt account are you? Surely you have to be someone's 'comedy' account, because no-one could be as truly short sighted, childish and utterly, completely, stupendously fucking thick as you are.

Anyway, I never played the first one even though it's on the xbox downstairs so this thread inspired me to have a go while I waited for food to show up. I played the first hour or so and it's not bad at all. Very charming.

No beard mate... Back in them days, not everyone was playing in Widescreen yet. But truth be told, this is the first time someone pointed this out to me. I always put it down to a sloppy finish. I did know about Resi 4 though.

Fair enough. I reckon a developer has a right to force a widescreen (letterbox on 4:3 TVs) display if it suits their 'artistic vision'. Something about games being playable in 16:9 or 4:3 sticks in my craw somewhat...

To be fair to Okatta, while I'm really excited that there's going to be another BG&E that trailer (while only a teaser!) did nothing for me either.

I'm sure when we get a proper trailer with some action, a view of the world, dialogue and Jade it'll turn me around.

To be fair to Okatta, while I'm really excited that there's going to be another BG&E that trailer (while only a teader!) did nothing for me either.

I'm sure when we get a proper trailer with some action, a view of the world, dialogue and Jade it'll turn me around.

It's not that he disliked it that's got my back up, it's because he disliked it for stupid fucking reasons.

No, I don't know why I care, maybe I'm just sick of idiots.

Fair enough. I reckon a developer has a right to force a widescreen (letterbox on 4:3 TVs) display if it suits their 'artistic vision'. Something about games being playable in 16:9 or 4:3 sticks in my craw somewhat...

Does it? I've played some games both in 4:3 and widescreen, and apart from driving games, I found the experiences to be rather similar. Or is there a bigger difference that's eluded me?

Right, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that having an "artistic" vision means chucking borders on the screen which effectively lowers the resolution and makes the game run faster.

Nice to see a company taking a risk by releasing a sequel to a well-loved but not best-selling game.

BG&E2 should get some decent publicity this time around. As long as it's not competing for attention when it's released.

Wonder whose arm Ancel had to twist to get the greenlight for this project?

Right, I'm sure it's just a coincidence that having an "artistic" vision means chucking borders on the screen which effectively lowers the resolution and makes the game run faster.

At least they didn't do the old 8-bit trick of having the name of the game take up a third of the screen (a la The Last V8 or Zamzara on the C64.)

Although, and kill me now for suggesting this, I could see Electronic Arts making all games "wide screen" so they could run banner ads in the black space.

I'll go get my coat.

At least they didn't do the old 8-bit trick of having the name of the game take up a third of the screen (a la The Last V8 or Zamzara on the C64.)

Although, and kill me now for suggesting this, I could see Electronic Arts making all games "wide screen" so they could run banner ads in the black space.

I'll go get my coat.

NOOO! Delete it before it gets indexed by google!!!

I'm really surprised though. It seems uncharacteristically brave for Ubisoft.

Actually, not that much. The first one sold more than one million units (the number comes from an Ubisoft insider, that's also why I was sure the game would be released), and cost approximately seven millions euros. So it's not the commercial failure everybody talks about.

Anyway, I'm excited.

o/\o

Preorder cancelled.

Nah, looks fine to me. Tells you precisely nothing though - why get worked up? 'Comedy' accounts eh...

shame you won't be able to play it.

(rllmuk fact of the day, 28 has no next gen console. Not even a wii!)

Perhaps they will put in a special HD slowdown mode just for you.

I am not the one who pops up in every single thread about a good looking game (or Haze) and then proceeds to spout inane drivel about the superiority of SDTV or makes ludicrous claims to have the game early like a small child in the playground of the local primary school.

idiot

That was worth getting up for this morning, excellent news!.

And if you look at the number of views for the BG and E video's compared to the POP trailer.... :angry:

Guess it is a lot more popular than we were led to believe.

I don't consider the first one to be a 'classic'; however it was a very enjoyable little game - perfect length, perfect difficulty, and I don't remember getting bored the entire time. A very entertaining way to game away a weekend :angry:

I don't consider the first one to be a 'classic'; however it was a very enjoyable little game - perfect length, perfect difficulty, and I don't remember getting bored the entire time. A very entertaining way to game away a weekend :angry:

Totally.

Though it's hard to feel excitement for a sequel, unless it's going to be structurally similar. A small, tight hub world with a handful of distractions, an upgradable vehicle, photo oportunities, and so on. It could be a big departure, reusing the same characters (though wildly different in style) and just running with it, making a totally new game - bigger, more 'epic', new combat system, and so on. They ain't in Hillys anymore, that's for sure.

Well, I look forward to seeing what emerges. I hope they come up with a more imaginitive name than "Beyond Good & Evil 2", though.

Totally.

Though it's hard to feel excitement for a sequel, unless it's going to be structurally similar. A small, tight hub world with a handful of distractions, an upgradable vehicle, photo oportunities, and so on. It could be a big departure, reusing the same characters (though wildly different in style) and just running with it, making a totally new game - bigger, more 'epic', new combat system, and so on. They ain't in Hillys anymore, that's for sure.

Well, I look forward to seeing what emerges. I hope they come up with a more imaginitive name than "Beyond Good & Evil 2", though.

Further Beyond Good and Evil?

add B&GE to the 360 BC list!

Beyond And Good Evil?

Loved the first and just knowing there is going to be a continuation is a good start. I can see why people might be put off by the big dusty landscape but to me that was a character trailer more than anything and a dusty landscape like that is rather cheap and easy to pull off in CG. If the entire game is set somewhere like that I might have a bit more of a problem, but as a simple character piece which doesn't show off the world it's good.

Just hope we get to see some of the more lush countryside that the game should have judging by the first one.