Tatsunoko vs Capcom

My copy and licensed Exar stick arrived. It works with freeloader which is a relief.

spent an hour on the single player and love it.

Only played through once with Ryu and Chun Li,the engine is superb fun and the 4 button system work well and not sussed out the Aerial rave juggler yet but had some great ground combos going.

The engine feels tighter to me than MVSCAP2 and isnt as manic.

If you like the marvel vs games this is a must.

More verdicts later

Been on this for 6 hours now, it really is superb and far exceeded my expectations.

Mastering the Aerial raves and the Variable Partner raves is very rewarding. By pressing the 3 attack buttons just at the right time you perform an advance block, which is much like a counter giving you the advantage and works really well. Although the attacks are based on 3 buttons light strong and fierce the fighting engine is superb and very deep indeed.

Just playing with this new Baroque system which is a mode where the character glows in rainbow color while sacrificing the red portion of the character's life - activating the mode cancels the current attack animation, allowing the player to extend combos and deal more damage relative to the amount of red life that is sacrificed. Baroque ends when the character doesn't do anything or when the character performs a Hyper move.

Graphics arent 360 sharp but nothing ever is on the Wii, but the stages are real nice with some standouts including Zoltars ship where he is worshipping his master and the green soldier troops are walking about. And a great one with a cop car chase which circles around the screen, plus some nice variations on Chun Li and Ryu's classic stages.

My only gripe is I wish it had online vs apart from that, I would put this up there with MVSCP2 and Garou for playablity and depth.

Awesome stuff

Quick question - can I use a PS2 Hori stick through a convertor into the Gamecube pad slots?

Please say yes.

Ive not got it yet (should be soon) but that method works for all VC and Guilty Gear, if the game has gamecube controller support i do not see why it would not work. I will let you know once i get my copy.

My only gripe is I wish it had online vs apart from that, I would put this up there with MVSCP2 and Garou for playablity and depth.

A bold statement right there. Thanks for the impressions - I'm quite looking forward to it and the videos do make it look brilliant but I think I'll save it as a Christmas present to myself.

Been playing this for a day now and have to say this is my Game of the Year which is saying something considering the quality of releases.

Unlocked a few of the secret characters now and should have Viewtiful Joe on the next play through. You gain points to spend in the shop which unlocks characters, colours bgm and stages.

The depth of the engine really keeps giving and I am tagging the Aerial Raves now, popping out a Baroque combo mid air and producing some fantastic combos.

Pushing diagonal forward and fierce starts the Aerial Rave but all players have multiple juggles to start this. It feels like MVSCP2 with a sprinkling of IIIrd Strike and a dash of SFIV thrown in.

Awesome stuff

Is it by any chance coming to the west? (why do i have a feeling the answer is going to be no? :lol:)

Unlikely, due to complex licensing issues over all the Tatsunoko characters in the west.

I'm holding out for a PS3 version, for region-free goodness.

I would have loved to have been able to play as a few more Gatchaman characters and of course Zoltar.

But the depth and fun this offers is vast

The fighting engine is deep and really rewarding, structured and doesnt feel as loose as some of the other Vs games to me

Im also hoping for a PS3 release, as I dont have a modded Wii, It looks amazing, hoping the engine could be reused for maybe something as awesome as an X-Men Vs Streetfighter 2 or MVC3.

It looks ace, now a great time for 2d fighters, SSF2THDR, SF4 and KoF11 all look stunning, I would love to see a sequel to Garou, or the original get an XBLA release.

BUSTER WOOOOOLF!!

Had a quick twenty minutes on this last night - confused the shit out of me. ;) I never really played any of the VS games so it was all a bit weird. Going to have to do some reading up on it today methinks.

Also, shynra, might just be me being spazzy but PS2 Hori > GC Converter > GC slot doesn't appear to work for me. :P Classic controller works nicely though, glad I've been playing SSFIITHDR on a pad really.

Had a quick twenty minutes on this last night - confused the shit out of me. ;) I never really played any of the VS games so it was all a bit weird. Going to have to do some reading up on it today methinks.

Also, shynra, might just be me being spazzy but PS2 Hori > GC Converter > GC slot doesn't appear to work for me. :P Classic controller works nicely though, glad I've been playing SSFIITHDR on a pad really.

some great youtube clips to help you get started.

pressing forward diagonal towards and fierce is the launcher for your aerial raves ( juggle) experiment and have fun

Yeah I've had a little look around - SRK's Wiki is still a work in progress but has the basics.

Working from home today which means I've got the Wii sat there in training mode so I can have a quick five minutes here and there. Sussed out Aerial Raves (though I'm just mashing once I'm in the air), the partner supers and a few other bits. Don't understand this Baroque malarkey yet though.

I also found this handy:

Menu Translation

you start on arcade mode when you first enter the menu

1.)アーケード =Arcade Mode

2.)バーサス =Vs. Mode

3.)サバイバル = Survival

4.)タイムアタック = Time Attack

5.)トレーニング =Training

6.)プレイデータ =Play Data

7.)オプション = Option

8.)ショップ = Shop

9.)ギャラリー =Gallery

10.)オリジナルゲーム =Original (Mini) Games

it has 5

nah kidding!

firstly set the difficulty to 1 star to get to grips with it.

start to use your advance block which is hold back and at the point of impact press all 3 attacks. that will parry the blow and give you an opening.

you can do this on all its cheap super finish moves.

Its just a matter of blocking and learning the patterns the final hand mode can be defeated if you stay in the corner and attack from there.

At first its horrible and the cheapest boss ever, once you have the bastard things patterns sussed he's not so bad. just be patient and make sure you aint all gung ho!

PS2 Hori > GC Converter > GC slot doesn't appear to work for me. :huh: Classic controller works nicely though, glad I've been playing SSFIITHDR on a pad really.

Just got it last night, it works for me :lol: I was using this one -> here It might be certern converters work while others do not.

Like the remix songs even last boss spoiler

the okami one

. Just been playing 1 player/training, gonna give it a multiplayer session today - looking farward to it.

Edit: Hey Nate Ill pop it in and give it a try as player 1 - i was using it as player 2, will post back in a little while

Just got it last night, it works for me :lol:

Really?

Which port do you put it in? I had it in port 1 but maybe I need to try it in another one if it thinks the wiimote is controller 1.

Could really do with it. Pressing all three attacks for the advanced guard thing means laying the classic controller flat on my lap which I've never really liked doing.

It just works for me (remember to use port 1 the one closest to the disc slot) If you want it to be 2p use port 2, I used the converter above and verified with the following 2 sticks :

Sega Virtua Stick

virtuastick.jpg

VF4evo

vf4evostickr.jpg

Edit: Oh forgot to add - the fighting stick wii uses default button layout :lol: so easy swapping between classic controller/stick is gonna make transtions as easy as a namco stick!

Nice one final boss thing. I hate you.

Started again with the difficulty dropped to 1 star and did it first time, of course - I'd got the bare bones of the strategy for the third form (stay back, block low, parry everything, parry the big flame attack then jump > hadou special) but just couldn't quite get everything right for long enough to win.

I do hate bosses like that though, by the end I was absolutely rinsing the first two forms but you still have to fight all of them after each continue. I can see why they do it but it's just pointless - the first form especially can only give you problems if you get hit by that 60-hit super thing, and the second form is a cakewalk.

Lovely game though. Just wish it had an online mode.

Nice one final boss thing. I hate you.

Started again with the difficulty dropped to 1 star and did it first time, of course - I'd got the bare bones of the strategy for the third form (stay back, block low, parry everything, parry the big flame attack then jump > hadou special) but just couldn't quite get everything right for long enough to win.

I do hate bosses like that though, by the end I was absolutely rinsing the first two forms but you still have to fight all of them after each continue. I can see why they do it but it's just pointless - the first form especially can only give you problems if you get hit by that 60-hit super thing, and the second form is a cakewalk.

Lovely game though. Just wish it had an online mode.

Yeah online would be superb

Just got this and played it for about 40 mins yesterday with my housemate. Absolutely love the visuals and style - but found it to be a bit of a button masher's delight.

Edit: just realised, is this due to us only playing using the wiimote on it's side NES style? In the options 'easy operation' was off but maybe this way it's automatically on?

Just got this and played it for about 40 mins yesterday with my housemate. Absolutely love the visuals and style - but found it to be a bit of a button masher's delight.

Edit: just realised, is this due to us only playing using the wiimote on it's side NES style? In the options 'easy operation' was off but maybe this way it's automatically on?

If you can get yourself a Stick, makes all the difference

I think it is, yeah. Seem to remember something about that yesterday, will see if I can dig it up.