Secret Cinema (Now: presents... Blade Runner)

Spudulis

Its a big hall with lots of people and much audience participation. AND they have actors that come out at odd bits and do live scenes as the movie plays.

Don't go if you get annoyed by people rustling popcorn buckets at the local multiplex. There are a lot of drunk 40 some things having the time of their lives ;)

Well, I can only re-iterate, from the standpoint of someone who is normally very anal about screenings, shuns outdoor screenings, doesn't like rowdy multiplexes, and prefers places like the BFI where they don't even allow food or adverts and no-one talks, it was fine. The brief accompanying pieces of site specific pantomime and lighting effects might have been slightly distracting (largely because you didn't want to miss them) but they enhanced the evening. I think you'd have to be a very surly and unusual fan of the movie not to enjoy it.

It's not while the film is showing, is it? It's before! There's a few hours of all this stuff and then you watch the film.

It was like that when I saw Prometheus and The Third Man. When i saw Brazil though, they projected onto the side of the huge office building we were in. It was a circular building with a garden inside so it was projected onto an inner wall. That was a slightly annoying way to watch it.

And at one point it had some guy in huge wings abseil down the side of the bulding which was slightly distracting but very impressive. I'd never seen Brazil before and I still have no idea what happens in it. They had living vending machines though!

Oh I see, the ones I've been to haven't really other than the one Brazil thing. But as people have said everyone knows this film so well the skits can only add a bit of fun to it.

I really wanted to go to this but I was very pregnant and it was so expensive!

I can't even fathom how it's a good thing to have people doing skits while the film is showing. I can see the whole event would be fun but I don't think it's surly to think a film deserves to be watched properly.

It complements the action rather than detracting from it. Any scenes playing out are EXACTLY the same as what's going on on-screen but in silhouette around the screen, so it's like you're witnessing it actually happening as well as on the screen, which is always the main focus of attention. Any other interactive bits are things like being surrounded by stormtroopers when there's a scene where everyone is surrounded by stormtroopers. I went in as a sceptic but It's done really well, and I don't think you'll find anyone that's been there having anything but praise for it.

Nobody I've spoken to came out of Secret Cinema thinking anything less than it was the best way to watch the film in the world. Not because of all the farting about but because after going through the first three or four hours you're so in love with everything Star Wars that the film just sings.

Scarf hasn't shown up from an online order - are these sold at the event?

I was told yes, but couldn't find any on the night, but didn't try hard The pop up shop had some but not all factions.

If you're a XWing pilot or whatever the Leia-a likes are called you can have ours.

Don't hold out on the pop up store delivering in time. People we went with orders 6 weeks in advance, never turned up.

It is very possible though to get to Brick Lane, visit the pop up store (which is worth it to interact with the Jedi guarding the door) and then to the event for start time given enough time on the day. The pop up store is 6 stops away from your destination on the overground.