What.cd

Timmo

Why the fuck can't I just get my stuff off what.cd, then paypal the artists a fiver or something. ARGH

I did exactly that after getting a couple of Flashbulb albums and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Felt pretty happy with myself. He's a member there too.

Don't even get me started on tags. If you can't tag something properly (iTunes and Emusic are both inconsistent too) then I won't be buying from you again, it's a tiny little thing that makes a huge difference in how you percieve your purchase.

There really isn't one, it was weeks before I'd seeded more than a few mb, the site is just that well seeded. Never delete anything from your torrent client, and seed them when you can. Seeding 100% of what you download keeps your required ratio very low too, so it shouldn't matter too much how much you download. If keep everything seeded, you need to hit 20gb before you have to seed anything at all. Seeing as you start off with 500mb as a freebie, that shouldn't be hard at all.

tl;dr Don't worry about it, just keep seeding. It's almost impossible to get banned if you always seed everything you download.

Gents / ladies: I got banned from What about a year ago - not quite sure for what - think it was for reinviting someone who themselves had been banned for lack of use. This was before their slightly more relaxed rules had been announced. Does anyone know how they ban you? Is it an IP ban or the email address?

I miss it so much. :)

If anyone has a spare invite to What (that isn't going to get themselves banned in the process!) or Waffles (never used it before - is it good?), I'd really appreciate it. I can sort a STmusic invite in return, which is not entirely pointless...

I can offer invites but exclusively to people who can give me solid evidence of keeping a good ratio (upwards of 1 with more than a couple of gb uploaded) on good sites (no Demonoid, for a start).

The total ratio of my invitees directly influences how many invites I get and luckily the two I've invited from here have proven to be good eggs. I'm being fairly strict but good torrenters = more invites, put simply.

Gents / ladies: I got banned from What about a year ago - not quite sure for what - think it was for reinviting someone who themselves had been banned for lack of use. This was before their slightly more relaxed rules had been announced. Does anyone know how they ban you? Is it an IP ban or the email address?

Have you tried to appeal the ban?

Have you tried to appeal the ban?

I would have done so happily but there was no email address or anything for me state my case to - or even find out what happened. If you know of anything I could try then I'd be all over it...

Vimster, Elliot: messages sent. Any help is appreciated. :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Any invites going, guys and gals?

edit:

Managed to get an invite off a lovely person here. I'm already liking the look of What.CD more than Waffles.fm and am taking advantage of this free leech period to build up a nice list of things to seed to keep my ratio at a nice level.

:wub: