Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

revlob

• 1 month later...

I just got this and it's pretty cool.

I have a question about the Smith.

While training him, I selected a bunch of things that I thought would be useful. Is there anyway to fill in the gaps so that I don't have to wait like ten levels to get him to make me a decent chest piece?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

And me on holiday this week. How about that!

Edit: They seem to be almost stealthing the patch out. The Bnet launcher gives no indication it's even coming, but if you switch to the US region and start the game it reconfigures your files, then if you come back to EU and start, it begins downloading the patch (which, at 8GB I assume is just the complete game files over again).

Balls, I was hoping it was the RMAH removal and the ingame drops becoming not shit. I bought the fucking thing on release and have barely played it because of that. Three weeks or so for that though?

The loot 2.0 system is in with this patch and it's really fucking good (I'm assuming it's the same as we saw in the console release?)

• The Smart Drop system has been implemented
    • All items that drop have a chance to roll as "Smart Loot"
    • Smart Loot items roll intelligently based on the character being played (example: A Wizard is more likely to find items with Intelligence or bonuses to Wizard skills than a Barbarian)
    • Class specific items will no longer roll stats inappropriate to their class (example: Intelligence will no longer appear on Mighty Weapons or Belts.

I put far too many hours into the PC one and I had such shit luck with loot, but after just a few hours on the console version I was not only finding some amazing loot, but I could actually equip and use it too. It feels like a proper loot collection click'athon now. :)

I completely slept on this and have only just started playing it properly - really enjoying it, and (so far) it doesn't seem to have the same weird difficulty peaks and troughs that Torchlight 2 does. One thing I'm having trouble finding are good build guides/general class guides - there seems to be so many of them I don't really know where to look. Are there any decent sites or youtube channels worth checking for those sort of tips?

One guy that joined the game I was in earlier, first thing he killed gave him a legendary (that was a upgrade to him to boot). Amazing.

3 upgrades so far for my Wizard, but he wasn't exactly amazingly geared in the first place. So happy he's not as squishy and archon-unfriendly as he used to be. I can pretend to be a Fire Mage again.