rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
revlob

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

Not exactly challenging so far though, will my normal run start kicking my arse soon?

Nope, not really. The difficulty comes when you have finished the main campaign and are moving up the difficulty levels. Loving how many people are into the console version, but I've sunk too much time into the PC one now to switch.

• Upvote 1

Is there more content after completion though? New enemies or bosses?

Once you have finished the story mode you have a few choices:

1) Play your favourite bits again, on any difficulty the higher difficulty the higher the chance of high level items dropping.

2) Adventure mode. Each Act will have 5 tasks for you to complete, mostly based around killing a unique monster + x number of normal monsters. Each task you complete rewards you with some bonus XP and a rift keystone. If you clear all the quests you get a cache which contains gear, gems, bloodshards* and has a chance of a specific legendary related to that act.

3) Rifting you can use 5 rift stones to open up a rift. These are unique takes on previous areas and you traverse through each level killing everything until you have filled up a meter, once the meter has filled a unique rift boss will spawn who will drop lots of stuff and lots of bloodshards. Monsters killed in rifts have a higher chance of dropping the best quality legendaries (one you are on torment 1 difficulty +) and again this chance increases with difficulty. Completing a rift gives a fair amount of XP and gold.

4) Greater rifts (coming soonish!). This will be implemented on PC this month I think and at somepoint on Xbone/PS4. Rift bosses will drop greater rift keys these will allow you to access an endless dungeon where getting to the exit of each level is on a timer, the monsters get increasingly hard so that I think level 20ish equates to the current torment 6. The monsters in these have a chance of dropping the new legendary gems.

*Bloodshards are used for gambling at Kadala armour pieces cost 5 shards a go going up to 20 for weapons. Never gamble weapons! :P

• Upvote 1

They seem to have made quite a number of small differences to the ordinary (campaign) gameplay too. Little things like bonuses from rolling into things or using traps to get kills. Enough to keep it fresh again.

And don't forget that legendaries can be tucked away literally anywhere, in cinder jars, on dead bodies (just found a ring on one), the best loot at this basic level anyway doesn't always come from bosses.

I wasn't even sure how you'd chose one from the other. I didn't notice anything when I started.

Edit: @ Salsa Party Animal

Thanks for the advice guys. Really enjoying this!

Are there more expansion packs planned for this, or is it "finished" as far as that goes?

Sorry bros just to clarify, when I craft gear I have a chance of it being amazing? So when it says random +4 stat it means when I craft it will add a decent bonus? I just made a new char but can craft some decent yellows so I might do that so I look sick!

Sorry bros just to clarify, when I craft gear I have a chance of it being amazing? So when it says random +4 stat it means when I craft it will add a decent bonus? I just made a new char but can craft some decent yellows so I might do that so I look sick!

Absolutely. Deffo worth levelling the blacksmith up IMO. Iirc at some point in the levelling process the legendaries you find are often underpowered compared to socketed stuff you can craft.

Unsure whether to re-roll tonight. :/

I'm up to and killed Skelly King with my Crusader on Hard and I haven't used a single health flask. Maybe I should crank it up to Expert and press on?

I did stick some magicky goodies I crafted in my chest for future builds. But, I played a Magician for a bit on PC and I remember the pew-pew/back off playstyle not very satisfying. Although I imagine it comes into its own when you're in a full team.

Decisions, decisions. Either way i am glad to have a (new) game in my life that you rush home for, and ponder upon while you're at work. :)

It's piss until you finish it. Iv re rolled 3 times and steam roll everything. Please all add me in on os4 tonight for adventures

Damnit I caved. Will be on later tonight if anyone is up for co-op low-level noob on ps4.

Just had a legendary drop that was a gift box called 'A present for Tailfly' (him being on my friend list). Didn't know that was a thing. Anyway, I sent it. Let us know what it was :)

I got two yesterday, can't remember who they were for (sorry) but I did get a thank you message from one of them.

Which reminds me, I got some legendary gift from someone on here also, so thank you to whomever that was :wub:

Have added everyone for PS4 - will only be able to start on the weekend but looking forward to it! :) Got up to lvl 60 with a wizard on pc when it first came out and then got destroyed in inferno so gave up (wasn't interested in the auction house)...think im gonna go witch doctor this time

Add me: thekunjer

If I get this game, which game should I play new game or older game Diablo III first ?

They are both 1 game. Acts 1-IV are the original, Act V and the endgame stuff is the expansion. But the whole thing is so different from the original D3 release now.

Haven't dabbled with Diablo since 2 but a big fan of Torchlight. Unfortunately, having just started, my game seems to be locked down to friends only invites. Does anyone how to change this? Otherwise, feel free to help me by adding me! :-)

I didn't realize you could transfer your character from the xbox 360 version into the ps4 version (and vica versa, ps3 into xbox one). Time to borrow a copy of the xbox 360 game from a friend to transfer my witch doctor!

Haven't dabbled with Diablo since 2 but a big fan of Torchlight. Unfortunately, having just started, my game seems to be locked down to friends only invites. Does anyone how to change this? Otherwise, feel free to help me by adding me! :-)

Look for the network setting button on the pause screen. The next screen is a bit indistinct but you can toggle between 4 options there.

I sent Morrius a gift. No idea what it was.

edit: still rocking out with my cock out. Barbarian is fun :)

Main complaint back then was Error 37. No one could login and play this SINGLE PLAYER game.

How does Reaper of Souls work on the 360 of you only own the original? Do you buy the expansion via DLC?

DST-diablo specific time should be a thing, cos I swear it passes at double normal time. Now l21 with my WD and I now have a giant zombie that makes me laugh every time I look at it walking. "duh I follah boz man"