Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

revlob

I blindly clicked on a shrine yesterday and a billion treasure goblins appeared. <3 smooshed them all up and was gleefully rewarded with a shower of legendaries and greens. And a portal to the vault - which I had never been in before. It was amazing. I got two pieces of the mauraders green set which means all my demon hunter companions are out with me all the time. :wub: And also came out of it 40 million richer.

Got my cube as well and started destroying some legendaries to extract the powers. Question though - can any level character use the powers or is that level locked?

The bounties are pretty good now too, got a whole ton of recipes and legendaries and the bonus caches always seem to contain the zone specific legendary crafting components.

Really good fun. ^_^

Yep, Bounties seem better but I need to figure out how to slot a legendary with a power! Am going to play a Crusader in the new season as well, will be weird starting from scratch again though! I also had to push up my difficulty a bit as my Barbarian was finding the bounties waaaaay too easy.

Changes have pulled me back in, as Blizzard often manages to do.

The cube is taking some of the fun out of finding legendaries in bounties, rifts etc. Being able to put in a Yellow and get out a legendary seems too easy, and I've had some good ones. Maybe I'll run out of the crafting materials at some point but I have absolute tons of them at the moment. Already had some nice set pieces come up. Maybe it's just me being me, I suppose I'll be able to push on to harder difficulties.

My Barbarian build seems to have gone massively out of fashion since I played properly too (last Jan). I was using the Might of the Earth set with Earthquakes, Whirlwind, Leap and all fire skills but seems there are better builds now. I suppose as long as I am having fun (and I only play solo), who cares!

The cube is taking some of the fun out of finding legendaries in bounties, rifts etc. Being able to put in a Yellow and get out a legendary seems too easy, and I've had some good ones. Maybe I'll run out of the crafting materials at some point but I have absolute tons of them at the moment.

Yeah, you'll soon find Death's Breath a scarce commodity when it's guzzling 25 a pop for the Upgrade - It's something that's always halting further cubing of Legendaries (5 Per, as well as bounty-only materials) and/or converting Set Items (10 Per, and Forgotten Souls to boot). Of course, it's even more restricting on PC Seasonal Play when you're running a stash that's independent of standard characters.

I can't decide what I want to play as in Season 4 - I want to play Witch Doctor simply because the sets are so good for that class at the moment, but I know I'll have an easier voyage to 70 using Wizard's AOE bullshit and I'll still have fun when I start up DelRasha and drop meteors on all the things.

Can't be going Monk this time around - I had my fill during PTR when you could SSS and cause 14 Coldsplosions using the God Monk build I posted beforehand. Barbarian's hilariously overpowered to the point that you fall asleep while holding the Whirlwind button. Which leaves Demon Hunter and Crusader - One requires getting a Bombardier's Rucksack which is like fucking pulling teeth, and the other is... uh, Crusader.

Siri, you are spot on. I just hit the Death's Breath limit. So using the cube for rates will be a heck of a lot slower.

While my build is a bit old, it is blasting through stuff at the moment, but I think I might go back to my WD who was my first toon on D3 and would be fun to get back to.

Season 4? Torn between Monk, Crusader or Wizard. I have a 70 Barb and WD, a 6ish Demon Hunter so want to try something new.

If I were you, go WD for season 4. May not be the fastest, but it's a massively fun class to play

Likewise, WD was the first character I went through the campaign with! I can vouch for WD in Season 4 with a quick play on PTR - Although Zunimassa/Carnevil's really good, the new Arachyr set is fun, when just trying a drop-in two piece set. Having some dumb spider queen rolling around causing a ton of AOE tick damage and slow status while you're just dicking around with poison darts is great stuff.

I'll still be hoping for bits to recreate this Crit Gargantuan Build, though. I don't care if it's gear intensive and I have to cube shit, I want my 12-15 Billion Gargantuan clobberin'.

I struggle a bit with the 'best' builds, I just play the game the way I want to, taking into account the best sets that people are using. I never use a net build though, it's always a bit of my own thrown in. I love my pet heavy/fetish WD, but I love my barb too.

Here's the build, which works really well for the gear I have but everyone has gone away from it. But it's fun! Especially with the multiple leaps and earthquakes with the boots and set stuff. Need to up my torment level

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vorgot-1379/hero/29909679

With WoW, I was always trying to pick the current best build because I was raiding with lovely people from here in United By Blood as a Tank, and I was part of a team. D3, I reckon I play what I think is fun and still enjoy it. For Barb, the main builds all revolve around shouts and passives, I prefer the aggressive build that i have that bangs through rifts and bounties for me at T3, about to up it, but it's fun. I look at the "prepare for season 4" stuff and it's all about max achievements and stats, not about the fun of going through with a new character.

Obviously different people want different stuff. WoW was a constant fight to keep on top with builds and gear as you were a team. I see Diablo as a dip in and out, but obviously a lot don't! Not sure what I am trying to say, but I love this game and I guess you can enjoy it on any level you choose to play at!

Picked Witch Doctor this time around, being my least played of the classes. Hardcore seasonal, even though death by disconnect still happens on occasion.

Ignored D3 completely since start of S3, looks like there's an actual amount of new this time around. I still couldn't help feeling bored by the time I was 20, though. Feel like I've more or less done it all before.

A Man after my own heart. Do you play in groups though? Or just solo?

Always solo. I suppose it's different if you're part of a team that's focused on powering through. I'm the kind of guy who still does 100% map completion on rifts for the hell of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a huge Diablo player but got back into it with 2.3.

Did my first Seasonal - Crusader (started Story, but then switched to adventure when I realised that was possible!)

It's ridiculously quick leveling (went up from 18 to 39 in about 2 hours last night with chums) - almost too quick as skills/glyphs are constantly popping and you can't work it out.

Think I'm gonna have to go from Hard to Expert as well as things are dying to quickly (although would have to keep an eye on the XP/time rate)

Gone all lightning Crusader now - throw a lightning hammer and call down chain lightning strikes :D

So I've got the Crusader to Paragon 150 (which IIRC is similar to main) and I can just about solo Tormet 6 now (new high - although certain combinations destroy me).

Managed to do 2 guided Barons and a nice chap took me to The Vault yesterday so blew 100m on getting all my gems to max level.

Coming from Wizard it's utterly strange to have something that can actually (briefly) stand toe to toe with things. I've gone for a Rolands/Punish/Shield Bash build (with everything else being CDs basically) and it's bonkers numbers (for me :P)

300m hit slams for next to no wrath cost (and with the rush/movement component as you zip around the map) is just absolutely stilly.

Hit that point though now where's its constant grinding for the chance of the right piece with the right stats to progress. Never find that too fun.

Still it's fun to play/drop/make a little progress (even if just Paragon XP) each time

I went the other way. Last season I played a Crusader using what sounds like the same build as you and this season I'm playing a Wizard. I've never really played Wizard/Demon Hunter because they looked way too squishy and I thought I'd probably give up on the Wizard quite quickly for that reason, however I'm really enjoying it. I don't actually feel too squishy either. I've managed to do a 53 rift and while there are certain mobs that charge/jump that are a pain, I rarely feel in much danger of dying. Of course it helps to be able to carpet every inch of floor with ridiculously OP slow time bubbles!

Also if anyone wants a seasonal power level, just message me (csuzw#1537). Takes maybe 4 T6 rifts (and if you've already got a bunch of seasonal paragon levels it'll be even less because the difficulty can be set even higher).

Playing this more than ever with the new patch. I think I barely scraped 90 paragon before and my current seasonal characters just hit 350. I have zero idea where the time went.

Splitting my time between a fairly boring WW barb and a helltooth WD which is tons of fun. The WD is an absolute delight for bounties when you give him the manajuma's set.

I'm not sure why I'm enjoying it so much now. But STOMP STOMP SHIELDSMASHIN THE FACE! STOMP STOMP SHIELDSMASHIN THE FACE! STOMP STOMP SHIELDSMASHIN THE FACE! is very satisfying.

Got Ring of Granduer last night so 6 piece Rolands and another 25-30 Plevels. Can do T6 stuff now now pretty much no problem (some combinations cause issue).

Just need more forgotten souls (or an easier way to see what legendaries you've already got, find them in bank etc)

I've started playing this again on PS4 and have gotten further than ever before.

Main story is now finished, I've added 30 or so paragon levels to my monk, and started a hardcore playthrough with a witch doctor.

What should I be looking to do with my monk?

I'm currently working through some bounties and have done a rift.

There's some key symbols on the bounty map, are they for rifts?

Should I be trying to get greens?

I'm enjoying smashing things but apart from doing bounties I'm not sure what else I can be doing.

I've only played PC and there are differences to the PS4 version but I'll try to answer the questions.

The key symbols on the bounty map indicate areas that have a keywarden. These keywardens drop Infernal Machines (drop rate depends on difficulty, it's not that high). You can use these to open portals which contain multiple bosses. If you kill these you get legendary crafting material that you can use to craft hellfire rings and amulets. It's all a little complicated so worth looking up a guide (eg

).

Greens are set items. Many set bonuses give ridiculous bonuses so in general for most classes, the best builds involve collecting 1 or more sets. So the short answer is yes, you should be trying to get greens. Some sets however are a lot better than others. As a monk I believe the Ulianna's set is currently the best.

As for what you can be doing, I believe end game is very different on consoles to PC so I don't know.

Seasonal vs non-seasonal is a matter of preference. I think in general most people play seasonal, you get access to new legendaries faster (legendaries introduced for a season, only become available in non-seasonal at the end of the season) and it's a fresh start.

Story mode is generally not worth it unless perhaps you're collecting achievements or enjoy the lore/story. Bounties and rifts will likely provide faster levelling, more legendaries etc. Co-op will provide even more xp and legendaries but I'm not sure how significant it is and public co-op can be very hit and miss. If you want and you decide to play seasonal, I'm happy to give you a boost/help out in game.

• 2 weeks later...

Received The Ultimate Evil Edition for my birthday, and dug in last night, having not played a Diablo game before!

Picking it up pretty quickly, although even after an hour or two of play and getting up to level 10, I suspect that I've barely grazed the surface of the game.