IGNORED

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

revlob

This is my loadout at the minute and it's great fun :D

Diablo%20III%202012-05-18%2001-35-31-120.jpg

Running into the middle of a pack, freezing them with a, then blasting them with d never gets old :D

I'm running with a similar load at the moment, although use Spectral Blade instead of Magic Missile.. I'm so Impressed that you can essentially have a mellee Wizard!

Finding the class much more fun to use than Demon Hunter at the mo. Although the DH's Rapid Fire ability never gets old either!

Argh I didn't realise you'd need online for playing the single player. I was planning on getting it for work but we have a super strict managed firewall here. I've already called them to sort it out so I can play Minecraft, dunno if I dare do it again for this!

By not taking 14 hours to finish Act 1.

Well it's more like 7 per character ;)

Must admit I've been pretty anal about exploring every area, collecting & selling everything going and speaking to ALL NPC's multiple times.. But to rush through, skipping some of that stuff is (to me) missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer.

Given that Nightmare is meant to start at about level 30, can I assume from that the fact I'm 26.5 at the start of Act 3 that I'm way over-levelled? I don't feel like I've really repeated much, I've just been quite thorough about clearing areas.

How do I change the potion type on the Q key?

If you right click on it you get a menu with a list of potions to choose from.

Must admit I've been pretty anal about exploring every area, collecting & selling everything going and speaking to ALL NPC's multiple times.. But to rush through, skipping some of that stuff is (to me) missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer.

Well I didn't blitz through it really, I still listened to all the main cutscenes etc. In hindsight I wish I hadn't bothered, because god damn the plot in DIII is mind numbingly bad.

If you right click on it you get a menu with a list of potions to choose from.

Didn't know that either..cheers

Another tip people may have missed, which I only found out last night, if you hold CTRL and hover over an item on the floor, a stats tooltip for the item appears.

I think you have to change your normal RPG attitude in these types of games. You're going to be playing through all these areas far more often than in other games so if you miss an encounter this time, you'll see it later and you won't get every encounter each time anyway however much you explore. Picking up and selling most loot (grey/white anyway) is pointless as you get almost nothing for it compared to doing other things. That said I'm still exploring everything and picking up and selling more than I should :P

Is there no manual for the digital download? That seems poor... particularly given the online guide appears to all be 'coming soon'

Also was there a doc mentioned with peoples tags?

I was going to get an early night last night, instead I ended up completing this. Then instead of going to bed after that I decided to start my Monk, which I've been itching to play. After a quick go on that I decided to jump on the AH and buy a few items to start my Demon Hunter on Nightmare run. It's pretty damn good and addictive this game then.

There's been a surprising lack of pictures in the thread so far, so to start my Demon Hunter just after I've finished my first run.

DemonHunter.jpg

Act 1 is done and dusted, and now I'm left with an inventory full of blue items (and a few yellows) - been agonizing over which of the blues I should break down and which I should throw up on the auction house. So many stats and buffs to consider - you've gotta be in lord sugar-mode to make a profit from what people want and how much they want it for in a market like this. Kinda adds a bit more depth to gameplay for me. Once people start buying stuff with real money, it'll be interesting to see how the auction house's economy will develop.

I would strongly suggest people just ignore the blacksmith for now. Don't salvage stuff, vendor it (or AH it if it's a good yellow), and don't pump money into training. I did, and I wish I hadn't bothered and had just got stuff from the AH instead.

Yeah I just spent about 9k total on my new wizard (lvl 10) and took my damage from about 18 to 50! Rocking the yellow loot babeh! AH ftw. All the middling items I've put on there have sold too (a grand or two is perfect impulse BUYOUT NOW price, it seems :D

Also; mad accidental props to clippa, who made me think to change the skill number keys to wasd :D much more comfy!

Can anyone recommend me some similiar games for the ps3 or a medium SPEC laptop? I can play this on my laptop but its a bit atuttery and deserves better

Torchlight for the lappy.

Is the PSOne port of Diablo on PSN? I don't care what anyone else says my mate and I sunk hours into that.

RPS has another thing about D3 and DRM http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/18/how-diablo-iiis-solo-experience-reveals-a-hollow-game/

My companions have stopped following me. The map has suddenly blanked out. The dungeon doors aren’t opening. And despite my just having cleared out a two-storey dungeon for the second time, there hasn’t been a checkpoint in over a half an hour. If I quit out to fix it, the entire area map will be reset yet again (a previous quit to see if there was any way to raise the difficulty had already done this to me once, and is how I discovered the dungeon wasn’t checkpointing), so in total an hour’s play time lost, and, well, here’s the thing: Diablo III just isn’t brilliant enough to warrant this.

Torchlight.

I was having a nice run there, running smooth for a good hour then I hit butcher and so much is happening on screen I can't move enough to fight him.

I might shelf this and go play it at a lan cafe in town at some point instead. Or wait on the xbox version :)

I think they really got the tone wrong with this game. People complained about the graphics, but I think they're fine (and it's funny to see Blizzard's 'Whimsyland' response). But one thing I really liked about Diablo 2 was the isolated, creepy, helpless feel of it. Not much speech. A lot of exploration, with quest objectives that lasted quite a while. Bad guys like Duriel that just showed up and smashed the shit out of you without saying a word.

Diablo 3 on the other hand has a goofy as fuck action movie storyline with appalling writing. It has Saturday morning kids' cartoon villains yapping off all the time, telling you how evil they are. And it has quest objectives that last a couple of minutes and ping pong you all over the fucking place so you frequently have no idea where you and what the fuck you're doing.

There's a lot to love about this game, but that is the one aspect I've been really disappointed with. It's a great game, but it doesn't feel like Diablo.

Can anyone recommend me some similiar games for the ps3 or a medium SPEC laptop? I can play this on my laptop but its a bit atuttery and deserves better

In addition to Torchlight there's Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

Pardon?

All the 'I'm not playing for X reason' stuff. We heard it the first time, and it's really boring reading it now. I don't drop into the Skyrim thread to let people I'm still not in, because it doesn't add anything.