IGNORED

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

revlob

Just cleared through the section in Act 3 Nightmare with the siege weapons up to entering the tower thing and came across the worst assortment of champions and elites imaginable. None of them were that hard but they took forever to kill as they were all types that run away, and on top of that they generally had combinations of Jailer, Molten, Extra Health and Shielding. Also came across the most challenging bit I've found in the game so far. There are always tons of mobs near the siege weapons however this time, most were those Hand of Pestilence ones that drop green blobs under you and have loads of health, combined with a Champion group of them that had Illusionist and Nightmare I think. Basically my entire screen was so full of enemies I could barely move, most of the ground was covered in green puddles of death, and half the time I was being feared. Despite that, a combination of Seven Sided Strike, Serenity, Breath of Heaven and some timely intervention from my Templar meant I only died once. I can see this section being pretty horrible to do on Hell/Inferno.

To anyone's who's still on the fence about this. If you have the patience, the game really opens up at Act III. Like it's been mentioned before, you're suddenly faced with entire screens full of enemies all gunning for you. By sheer fate, I bought a spear and a mace on the AH this morning that give me +50 life each after each kill and they really help to keep me alive as I pound away. Combined with my Barb's Rend skill with the Blood Lust rune activated, I'm a tough ol' cookie to kill.

But yeah, even on normal (as I am), the game completely changes from Act III. I love it.

Turns out this has been rather popular, 3.5m copies sold in first 24hrs making it the fastest selling PC game ever and a week later 6.3m people are playing it, which I assume includes the 1.2m who got it from the annual pass.

It's certainly doing something right, was in Gamestation earlier talking to the manager who asked me what I was playing at the moment, when I said Diablo 3 he said he's just about to build a PC for Diablo.

So Diablo III is the fastest selling PC game ever.

The game sold over 3.5 million copies in the first 24 hours on sale. That eye-watering number does not include the 1.2 million players who received Diablo 3 as part of the World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion. In total, over 4.7 million were playing the action RPG day one, making it the biggest PC game launch in history.

Source - Eurogamer

PC gaming is DEAD.

Edit - Curse you, JPR.

I really enjoyed my guest pass but I won't be upgrading to a full copy as my macbook wouldn't be able to copy with a screen full of enemies. FPS hovers around 30/40 when exploring and drops to 10/20 with a fair few enemies on screen. This coupled with latency would make it unplayable...

I REALLY WANT IT THOUGH!

(I can't justify a new PC unfortunately)

Normal Diablo has been served one hell of a knuckle sandwich.

The first run's been pretty enjoyable for me, saturday-morning cartoon plot notwithstanding. Got my monk ready to start nightmare (and finally some actual co-op!) with about 450 dps and 1500-ish armour, dexterity gems stuffed into every available orifice :eyebrows: All with a lovely pink top and pastel blue pants - gotta love those dyes. Not too happy when I found out that I'd have to do normal all over again when I decided to pick a barb for my second class, but swings and roundabouts and all that.

Also, I'd really like it if blizzard put in some sort of endless dungeon challenge mode - a nonstop series of generated floors that has progressively tougher enemies and bosses and progressively better loot drops. No teleporting back to town allowed, but at the start of every floor, you could be given the option to take your winnings and run, ending the challenge there and then. If you die, you lose everything. Just that little bit of extra RNG goodness for when everyone starts tiring of running through the campaign, until the expansion shows up.

Are dungeons randomly generated? I'm guessing that's why replay value is so high. I didn't realise!

Also, how do I change the gear on my character? I just mean the clothing, etc.

The over world maps are always the same in layout, but have randomly changing entrances to bonus dungeons and caves. The dungeons and caves themselves are randomly generated, though you will notice pieces repeating after a while.

You can't change the clothes sadly :( you can dye your armour though, once you find some in the shop.

what level dood?

Hmmm. I've got my monk who's 32 and just stared Hell. Otherwise I've got some new characters levels 7-18 ish on acts 1 and 2

I'm being a lazy bones here. Could someone link me to this Battlenet contact spreadsheet please?

While I'm here, is there a resource somewhere that explains which stats are important to which classes, please?

Xib: that info is in the game!! Everything is on a tool tip. Open your character panel and mouse over the stats.

Edit: in summary, strength for barbarians, dexterity for monks and hunters, intelligence for shamans and wizards.

They have secondary functions too but I can't remember them

And: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ArEjKfTV-N8IdDg2M3RNWmU2SXgwVVdWWGNqX2ZQb1E

Xib: that info is in the game!! Everything is on a tool tip. Open your character panel and mouse over the stats.

Edit: in summary, strength for barbarians, dexterity for monks and hunters, intelligence for shamans and wizards.

:doh:

10/10 for Captain Observant

Cool, thanks. How do I get myself added to that list too?

Ooh, so as it turns out, I think I might have an extra serial code for the game.

Do you want it? I didn't cost me nothing. If you do, let me know and I'll email it to you. Please don't take it for your mate's brother's cousin's mate. I'd much prefer it went to a first-party rllmukker who fancies a copy for themselves who either can't afford it or can't find a copy since it's so popular.

PM me your email address if you're keen. This code'll work for mac and PC.

EDIT: Code sent to MotiVater. Hope it works!

Hmmm. I've got my monk who's 32 and just stared Hell. Otherwise I've got some new characters levels 7-18 ish on acts 1 and 2

What the?

My Barb is 42 and just starting Act III of Nightmare. How did you manage to get a Monk to Hell at 32?

What the?

My Barb is 42 and just starting Act III of Nightmare. How did you manage to get a Monk to Hell at 32?

Roffles. My mistake. I must mean nightmare. The second difficulty. I've only just finished normal. You can't even start the other difficulties without being lvl 50.