It's happening again

Sigourney Beaver

Why do we have to wait for Nintendo versions of multiformat games? For example, Ferrari Challenge is out on PS3 tomorrow. GAME.co.uk say August 1st for the Wii version.

It was like this with the Gamecube. What gives?

Because the Wii version is often drafted out to some random cheap codeshop and not touched by the actual developers.

:unsure:?

Nintendo cannot cope with the amount of games they have going through submission, their QA process is a farce hence it takes almost twice as long to get through submission and their manufacturing times are much longer, so you either have to finish the game on Wii months earlier, slip the Wii release or hold them all up.

It takes about twice as long for a Nintendo game to get manufactured after certification as it does for a 360/PS3 title.

Plus the Nintendo cert process can often take a week or two longer.

This is why the games often appear late, it has nothing to do with "lazy devs".

Edit: Beaten by Linkster. Damn!

What's not to get? MS is the only developer that can include Ferraris (i.e. Forza) in games on their console.

To be fair that is a strange exclusive to get. Why would you get that license agreement and thus have a multi-platform release exclude your product? It would make sense if it stopped Sony or Nintendo games using the Ferrari license.

What's not to get? MS is the only developer that can include Ferraris (i.e. Forza) in games on their console.

I'm sure the original psoter said that Ferrari challenge was coming out on the PS3.

To be fair that is a strange exclusive to get. Why would you get that license agreement and thus have a multi-platform release exclude your product? It would make sense if it stopped Sony or Nintendo games using the Ferrari license.

What's the difference in profit for Microsoft selling a 1st party game for £40 and a third party one for the same? Pretty much everyone who likes racing games is almost forced to follow the Forza brand.

I'm sure the original psoter said that Ferrari challenge was coming out on the PS3.

Read Linkster's posts again.

What's the difference in profit for Microsoft selling a 1st party game for £40 and a third party one for the same? Pretty much everyone who likes racing games is almost forced to follow the Forza brand.

I'm sure that's the idea, but I think it's badly flawed. I'm not sure securing the rights to Ferrari for the 360 only is of any benefit. It could hurt them in getting third party sales. It can like this game see the game not released on the format, or for other games could see a lesser version of a game compared with other formats due to these vechiles having to be removed from the vechile options.

Imagine say the next GRID or any other racer has Ferraris, but only on PS3 as they have to chop it from the 360 version. Seems like a silly exclusive to go and get if you ask me.

Yeah, I agree, it seems stupid. Exclusive to system games are obviously hugely beneficial, but as far as mutliformat third party games go, surely the more games on your system the better. It's like it's giving the other systems a free exclusive! (Yes I know it's on both the PS3 and Wii shut up)