IGNORED

Halo 3: ODST

Moz

Well, you could argue that they did exactly that with the Brutes in Halo 2, and look how that went down.

The thing is, Halo 1 nailed everything so well that any changes threatened (and most would argue, did) to dilute the nigh-on perfect formula.

I mentioned Brutes, the issue with them was that they were almost identical to Elites. I'd love to see completely new AI to fight against - entirely different types of enemy.

I mentioned Brutes, the issue with them was that they were almost identical to Elites. I'd love to see completely new AI to fight against - entirely different types of enemy.

Yeah but in Halo 2 they are quite different - they are bullet sponges that charge you. But nobody liked them (understandably). I wonder what it would have like fighting marines on the Arbiter levels of H2? They'd be pretty weak, but their instant-hit weapons would keep you under pressure.

i had a good play on firefight last night, the only thing that gets me is as soon as i get hold of a brute hammer i have this urge to charge headlong into the area with the highest population and go nuts. normally this would be my undoing in this type of game, however this time and with this game i charged through, got the rating of killtacular and took out two more hammer carrying brutes and went nuts again.

i have just got gold membership and a headset for some online fun with this so please feel free to add me

Finished it now. Contrary to what other people are saying, I felt the end was stronger than most of what came before, boring highway bit aside. The last quarter was the only bit that felt at all cohesive.

The best bits were the stand-offs.

Nowhere near as good as Halo 3.

Personally I really enjoy the Rookie sections. They could have done more with them, sure, but I like the atmosphere of creeping around the city. For one thing it allows for a lot of stealth play, and as I'm currently going through on Legendary I'm having a great time knocking out Chieftains before before finishing off their entourage with some well placed pistol fire. It might not be as bombastic as Master Chief's exploits, but in some ways I feel like more of a badass having snuck up on a patrol and demolished them in the space of 5 seconds.

Also, I echo the posters above in regards to the joy of equipping your Marines with heavy weaponry and chucking your wagon of death around corners. I got the Vidmaster: Classic Achievement on Dutch's vehicular level by playing wheelman the entire time.

Just had the most awesome Firefight with a mate - just the 2 of us, and we got 244,411 on Lost Platoon and got the achievement - 85 minutes that just flew. Amazingly good fun; when the skull comes on that means your shield only recharges when you melee a kill it's just so intense - we were in the warthog, about to die, desperately trying to find some lonesome grunts, then jump out, melee, jump back in before their friends nail us! Awesome.

I'm doing campaign single player on Legendary and it is ridiculously hard; I did H1 and H3 on legendary OK. The bit after finding the dead elites I'm really struggling with. Should I drop down to Heroic after this level?

Just had the most awesome Firefight with a mate - just the 2 of us, and we got 244,411 on Lost Platoon and got the achievement - 85 minutes that just flew. Amazingly good fun; when the skull comes on that means your shield only recharges when you melee a kill it's just so intense - we were in the warthog, about to die, desperately trying to find some lonesome grunts, then jump out, melee, jump back in before their friends nail us! Awesome.

I'm doing campaign single player on Legendary and it is ridiculously hard; I did H1 and H3 on legendary OK. The bit after finding the dead elites I'm really struggling with. Should I drop down to Heroic after this level?

It's not difficult on Legendary if you've played the previous ones. The first flashback took me ages because I was getting back into it. I've pretty much sailed through the rest, bar a couple of sticking points.

Is this really damn hard or am I just really damn rubbish? Got to the bit very early on in Butch's mission where

2 hunters come, and i really just can't get behind them to kill them.

Ended up just turning it off and planning to go back to it tomorrow when I'm not half asleep.

Is this really damn hard or am I just really damn rubbish? Got to the bit very early on in Butch's mission where

2 hunters come, and i really just can't get behind them to kill them.

Ended up just turning it off and planning to go back to it tomorrow when I'm not half asleep.

Leg it.

Man, Firefight eats up the time something rude, we just spent over two hours on one level. You get to set 5 and then it's all skulls, all the time (ffffuuuu). And when you've got three MC Hammers running after you, it gets quite difficult.

Awesome, though. It's the 'thirty seconds of fun', but instead of thirty seconds it's 3 or 4 minutes, and instead of having to progress through the story to get to get to the next good bit, you're given one straight after. And then another one straight after that. And then another. I can't really understand why this game wasn't made sooner.

Man, Firefight eats up the time something rude, we just spent over two hours on one level. You get to set 5 and then it's all skulls, all the time (ffffuuuu). And when you've got three MC Hammers running after you, it gets quite difficult.

Awesome, though. It's the 'thirty seconds of fun', but instead of thirty seconds it's 3 or 4 minutes, and instead of having to progress through the story to get to get to the next good bit, you're given one straight after. And then another one straight after that. And then another. I can't really understand why this game wasn't made sooner.

It's fucking amazing isn't it? I just spent 150 minutes on Windward with 2 mates, ended up with 380k and it was our first time on that map. So many amazing moments