Kill bill

polygon_monkey

It's a bit... I dunno. Meh?

The uncut film: Yes!

Shit T-shirt, stupid 9cm long sword, and some weird robot thing covered in blood.: No.

It just seems unecessary. Interesting only for the fact it's limited.

I'd rather wait for the English version, and hope we'll get an uncut edition.

It's probably better having it in black and white, that fight scene would look more b-movie if it was in colour, the eye coming out looks really cheap and dumb even in black and white and I expect all the bloodletting would too..

I don't think it would look any different from the other violent scenes in the film.

Besides, the film is meant to hold a certain B-movie quality anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Now of course this thread will no doubt be flooded whith people here to talk about how Kill Bill Volume 1 sucked or that Knowles is a hack but I don't care. This sounds fantastic and I can't fucking wait.

"If you were turned off by the gore of the first film and found yourself wanting more of the ‘verbal” Tarantino dialogue… well, this is the film for you. It is a masterpiece. I’ve been reporting on test screenings for going on 8 years now, I’ve never heard of one with a standing ovation – it was overwhelming – like something you hear about, but never see. The film was that good."

Full review here

Yeah, if there are any spoilers in this review I'm not reading it. If you say there aren't and it turns out there are, and you ruin this film of all films, I'll be on the next flight to Holland with a sword by my seat. I'm not even joking.

EDIT: Dammit! I really wanted to read that too.

Can someone copy/paste the review here but edit out the spoilers? Pretty please?

Yeah, if there are any spoilers in this review I'm not reading it. If you say there aren't and it turns out there are, and you ruin this film of all films, I'll be on the next flight to Holland with a sword by my seat. I'm not even joking.

EDIT: Dammit! I really wanted to read that too.

Can someone copy/paste the review here but edit out the spoilers? Pretty please?

It's nothing major, mate. You can read it without getting spoiled too much.