Kill bill

polygon_monkey

The full text from that awful wanker Harry at Aint It Cool News

Tarantino to unleash 'the fused' KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR at

Cannes

Harry here -- and if you're like me and seen KILL BILL VOL 2 four times

already - this is fantastic news. So curious to see if that Bill vs Al

Simmons fight gets put back in! Here ya go...

Hi Harry,

I got the chance to attend the Kill Bill: Volume 2 press conference at the

Conrad Hotel, London yesterday for Film-Reviews.Net . In attendance were

Michael Madson, Darryl Hannah, David Carodine and Uma Thurman. It was cool

seeing the actors, though David Carrodine seemed intent on telling us his

life story. After a Q and A session with the actors, they set up a live

satalite link up with Quentin Tarantino. I was one of the lucky few that got

to ask Quentin a question. I asked him whether he had plans to re-edit Kill

Bill: Volume 1 and 2 back together. He went on to explain about the Japanese

versions of both films that were released, which had all of the violent

scenes in full colour (House of Blue Leaves etc). Quentin retained the

distribution rights to both parts. He then revealed to me that he had

already edited both volumes back together and would be premiering the

complete film on the last day of the Cannes Film Festival this year! You

heard it here first!

God forbid that a studio should try and screw the punters.

Well I don't think that was the reason. It's such a bizarre thing to do I think there had to be a compelling reason to do it. The vast marjority of films probably couldn't be split in this manner. I seriously doubt the studio head came up with this idea just to increase box office. The strategy was not without risk either; a flop for the first part would be disaster for the second.

It won't come with too many spoilers from me cos I have a gobshite-awful memory. I can't even remember my favourite line which came from Bill after Beatrix/The Bride/Black Mamba/whatever gave him that five [whatyamacallit] exploding heart thingy. My memory truly is shit as you can already see, but the line went something like this: 'You're a terrific person, you're my favourite person, but every now and then you're a real cunt.' The times I've said things like that to people... Great stuff and if anyone can remember the exact quote and what the name of the exploding heart move was, please post it below.

Despite a sprinkling of negative comments in the other Kill Bill threads, I enjoyed it. I'm not desperate to watch it again, but it was fun from start to finish. David Carradine as Bill made the film for me. I was impressed with his performance and the character was also good. The audience I watched it with laughed at the humerous bits and squeemed at the 'eyeball' bit. Yeah, good stuff, I thought. Now hopefully you mofos will talk about it so I can refresh my drug-ravaged memory.

The music wasn't as good as the first and I won't bother with the soundtrack.

I preferred it to the first chapter, actually, but still thought it was kind of forgettable. The Pai Mei thing was HAWESOME. I've been waiting to see the old Chinese guy jump on top of the Bride's sword since the first trailers were rolling!

It's not the best film of this year so far, though. That honour clearly goes to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Was I the only one who was gutted that more of Pei Mei wasn't shown? I wanted to see loads more on The Bride's training and what have you. That's my one main criticism really, the rest of the film I enjoyed immensely.

Five Point Exploding Heart... shit, that's not right. Even in the cinema I kept trying to keep up with the name of it, but I'd forget as soon as he stopped talking. Bloody great ending though, and that line you quoted was about as accurate as I can remember. I was almost surprised to hear him use the word "cunt." I don't know why, I just was. It worked though. Great line, like you said.

Oh, and the way Budd dies was brilliant too. I loved the irony in it too, how Elle Driver used a Black Mamba (The Bride's codename) to kill him. I'm not sure how many people picked up on that. The friend I was with didn't, although she was really impressed with it afterwards when I told her.

Like I said to Jim Miles about the film, with regard to how it compares to Volume 1, is that they are two very different films, that tell the same story. And I do think it works them being seperate films.

Overall, I loved it. It was just a lot slower than the first, and I'm not sure how some people will react to that. But thumbs up from me.

saw the 1st film last night on a rental and we found ourselves seeing this one tonight. it does work well as a 2 piece - one wouldn't have done it justice with too much being stripped out. ripping her eye out was fantastic :lol:

overall, great entertainment - though the 1st half wins through for me, just. great films. :D

Man I love the way QT Films his stuff. The film is excellent but quite different from the first. This is more about QT's killer Dialogue than the action, however the action is still there.

The one bit that made me drool was the shot were the Viper Crew enter the Chapel the Camera Zooms up Guns Fire and then you hear the Screams.

Great Stuff.

I can see why QT calls this one his Western.

Loved the burial scene.

I started thinking 'How the hell is she getting out of that?' and then it goes back to her training and it all becomes clear - Excellent.

Nicely surprised to find that she didn't end up killing Bud and Elle which I went in thinking was a foregone conclusion.

I WANT MORE!

It dragged like the snail it is. Some fantastic scenes, but the dialogue is some places made me fidget like the child I am. As it came to a close, I just wanted it to finish so I could get out of the chair. The fights in Volume 1 were a hundred times better. And so was the pacing. I don't think I could sit there and watch both films straight, but it fit together nicely. Explained everything. And ended quite predictable, all packaged up. Not a bad film, but I wouldn't buy it or see it again.

I'd prefer the talky bits to have been stripped down dramatically. I wanted more Pei Mei, more flashly sword action and more kung fu shit.

Fuck off is the ending even remotely predictable. She reads her daughter a bedtime story and they watch Shogun Assassin.

Weirdest ending ever.

I meant the way she ends up reuniting with her daughter with everyone else dead.

Well that's how I'd always imagined it anyway.

But for a minute there - just a minute - didn't you think maybe the film ends with the Bride buried alive, and it would cut to a story before the 'Texas funeral', a la Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction?

I did, I was thinking QT you sneaky fuck. Then The training chapter happens and it all becomes clear.

But for a minute there - just a minute - didn't you think maybe the film ends with the Bride buried alive, and it would cut to a story before the 'Texas funeral', a la Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction?

Sort of. Coming into the film I thought as I mentioned above. All the time she was being buried, I kept expecting her to somehow fight her way out. And then when it cut to Pei Mei, I did think for a moment that that's how it might end. But then, I couldn't think of anyway they'd bring her daughter into it. And it was a bit unlikely after all the build up. But anyway, then I saw her learning how to punch through wood...

I loved the irony in it too, how Elle Driver used a Black Mamba (The Bride's codename) to kill him. I'm not sure how many people picked up on that. The friend I was with didn't, although she was really impressed with it afterwards when I told her.

The vibrator?