Dragon Age: Origins

diggler

I'm now having a relaxing quest sweeper uppering session, having now got all my potential allies on board - I'm kind of keen to have a 'confrontation' with morrigan's mum some time soonish but can't for the life of me remember where it was I last saw her. I'm guessing that it was Redcliffe somewhere, seeing as I've pretty much gone everywhere else of late.

After smashing her face in I should be 100% in morrigans good books so maybe she'll 'reward' me :) in some way or other. After that I'm assuming that I'll need to go to the back alleys of Denerim to take the main story forward.

PS I'm not looking to be told what to do by the way; just muttering out loud :(

I'm now having a relaxing quest sweeper uppering session, having now got all my potential allies on board - I'm kind of keen to have a 'confrontation' with morrigan's mum some time soonish but can't for the life of me remember where it was I last saw her. I'm guessing that it was Redcliffe somewhere, seeing as I've pretty much gone everywhere else of late.

After smashing her face in I should be 100% in morrigans good books so maybe she'll 'reward' me :) in some way or other. After that I'm assuming that I'll need to go to the back alleys of Denerim to take the main story forward.

PS I'm not looking to be told what to do by the way; just muttering out loud :(

You'll kick yourself when you realise where Flemeth is.

Morrigan = Chloe yes?

Yep, and Alistair = Flynn.

Edit: Anyway, the voice acting is better in Uncharted, despite using some of the same actors, but that's because it's much more fluid as the voice acting was done at the same time as the motion capture.

Yep, and Alistair = Flynn.

Edit: Anyway, the voice acting is better in Uncharted, despite using some of the same actors, but that's because it's much more fluid as the voice acting was done at the same time as the motion capture.

It's also because the dialogue is just so much easier to work with for actors. The actual dialogue in Dragon Age is really badly written on the whole. It is pretty difficult to watch/listen to after playing through Uncharted.

So Return to Ostagar DLC is out tomorrow!

It's going to be costing £3.99 on PS3, 400 Microsoft Points (£3.40/€4.80) on Xbox 360 and 400 BioWare Points (£3.10) on PC.

I guess at that price it's going to be a bit short like the other bit of DLC which was at that price at launch. Unless they have pulled their fingers out for the first DLC to be released after day 1?

I'll be getting it anyway!

On the topic of having your main character fully voiced. After playing Mass Effect, which I enjoyed a lot, I'm not sold on it at all.

Sure it's more "movie like" but it limits the type of character you can have in my opinion, plus it seems to limit the dialogue choices as sometimes 2 or 3 "choices" in Mass effect are actually the same because they only have 1 or 2 lines recorded for that conversation. Plus if you don't like the actors voice you are screwed, you can put up with irritating voices in games like gears of War but not in story heavy RPGs with so much text. Who remembers Tidus from FF X?

Personally I feel fully voiced suits Mass Effect but I don't think it would have suited Dragon Ages.

I'll give you Anora but I really like Morrigan's voice over, give or take a few lines. Horses for courses and all that I guess.

So Return to Ostagar DLC is out tomorrow!

It's going to be costing £3.99 on PS3, 400 Microsoft Points (£3.40/€4.80) on Xbox 360 and 400 BioWare Points (£3.10) on PC.

I guess at that price it's going to be a bit short like the other bit of DLC which was at that price at launch. Unless they have pulled their fingers out for the first DLC to be released after day 1?

I'll be getting it anyway!

So it out yet or what?!? Want my chance to kick the Darkspawn up the arse and get the kings armor back!

"Hello Dragon Age fans,

We’re sorry but the planned Return to Ostagar downloadable content scheduled to launch on January 5th has been delayed for all platforms.

We will update you as new information becomes available."

link

:(

Fucking hell. :(

To cheer us up, proper details of the expansion:

Here

From the Makers of the Best RPG of 2009, Dragon Age: Origins, comes the first official expansion pack. For centuries, the Grey Wardens—the ancient order of guardians, sworn to unite and defend the lands—have been battling the darkspawn forces. Legend spoke that slaying the Archdemon would have put an end to the darkspawn threat for centuries to come, but somehow they remain. You are the Grey Warden Commander and have been entrusted with the duty of rebuilding the order of Grey Wardens and uncovering the secrets of the darkspawn and how they managed to remain. How you choose to rebuild your order, how you resolve the conflict with “The Architect”, and how you determine the fate of the darkspawn will be but some of the many complex choices that await and shape your journey as you venture to the new land of Amaranthine.

* A Stunning World Expanded: BioWare’s deepest universe to date just got bigger with an all new area of the world to explore, Amaranthine

o Unlock the secrets of the Darkspawn and their true motivations

o Rebuild the Grey Warden order and establish their base of operations at Vigil’s Keep

* All-new Complex Moral Choices: Embark on an epic story that is completely defined and reactive to your play style

o Shape your entire experience based on the choices you make and how your handle complex situations

* New Ways to Customize your Hero: Experience additional spells, abilities, specializations, and items to further personalize and customize your hero and party

o Import your character from Dragon Age: Origins or start anew as a Grey Warden from the neighboring land of Orlais

o Encounter five all-new party members and an old favorite from Dragon Age: Origins

* Even more Bone-Crushing, Visceral Combat: Battle against a new range of horrific and terrifying creatures

o Put your skills to the test against an evolved, intelligent breed of Darkspawn and other menacing creatures including the Inferno Golem and Spectral Dragon!

So this is a boxed expansion then? Not just DLC?

I take it you can't take this "character from neighbouring Orlais" and use them in the standard DA:O game as it sounds like it takes place after DA:O story.

I don't know why I'm asking really, I'm nowhere near finishing DA, only like 14% through :twisted:

So. Expansion stuff. Don't read if you haven't finished the game, or if you are yet to experience/know about certain endings :angry:

If you die at the end of the game I guess you'll have to play an all new character then? That's a bit pants. I didn't die but if you made that decision then you did it without really knowing you might want the character again...