Dragon Age: Origins

diggler

The landsmeet has to be my most dramatic moment in gaming ever.... probably. I sat facing the screen with a queen or king choice facing me for getting on for five minutes.

In the end my shallowness won the day and I went for the girl ;)

The landsmeet has to be my most dramatic moment in gaming ever.... probably. I sat facing the screen with a queen or king choice facing me for getting on for five minutes.

:) I was the same.

In the end I decided to go pour another drink while I thought it over.

So I finally managed to get this finished after taking a few weeks off from it over Christmas.

I ended up losing the landsmeet 4-2 or something but was then able to beat Loghain in a duel. Alistair then cut his head off and then eventually accepted my pleas for him to become king! He then sent Anora to prison, where the bitch rightly belongs.

Unfortunately due to me being an elven mage he didn't want to have my babies and got a bit angry when I suggested he should have one with Morrigan.

In the end I ended up killing the archdemon and King Alistair rebuilt the mage tower and named it in my memory. Gotta love that boy! :(

I'm now thinking about what character I want to play through the game with for my second run through. Currently considering a rogue using bows or a big warrior using 2 handers. I also really want to be a big meanie and have a team of Oghren, Morrigan and Sten or shale but at the same time want to have the buddy movie thing going on with Alistair.

In my first play through I only really focused on Leliana hoping for some hot lesbian action but it turned out she

doesn't swing both ways

so I sort of missed out on some of the potential friendships of everyone else!

In my first play through I only really focused on Leliana hoping for some hot lesbian action but it turned out she

doesn't swing both ways

so I sort of missed out on some of the potential friendships of everyone else!

she most definitely does, you must have went wrong somewhere.

I'm seriously loving this at the moment. It's absolutely fantastic.

Started myself off with a Rogue Dwarven Commoner with bright ginger hair like his sister and mother. Focusing solely on dual wielding and backstabbing shenanigans. I read earlier in the thread about daggers being slightly rubbish due to a bug regarding strength/cunning etc. Has this been fixed does anyone know? I'm doing alright but I do plan on going the dex/cunning lethality route and hope it works out.

Also not sure what to do with my party members. I like Alistair but I also like the idea of my dwarf having his own Golem, does shale offer good banter in dialogue etc? Perhaps Shale as my tank, Leiliana as my archer, and a mage of some sort. Would that work?

This game has become the one I play at home and then think about all day at work haha

Focusing solely on dual wielding and backstabbing shenanigans. I read earlier in the thread about daggers being slightly rubbish due to a bug regarding strength/cunning etc. Has this been fixed does anyone know? I'm doing alright but I do plan on going the dex/cunning lethality route and hope it works out.

It's been fixed on PC (though archery hasn't). Can't speak for the console versions.

Also not sure what to do with my party members. I like Alistair but I also like the idea of my dwarf having his own Golem, does shale offer good banter in dialogue etc? Perhaps Shale as my tank, Leiliana as my archer, and a mage of some sort. Would that work?

Pretty much any party combination will work, and every companion has lots of dialogue and banter and interjections in conversations. Do what you like!

edit: Except avoid two mages (or even worse, three mages, although you're playing a rogue so that won't happen) for your first playthrough because it pretty much breaks the game. It's great fun but everything becomes super-easy.

I started doing Orzammar thinking I'd get Shale there. Turns out he was at a completely different place on the map.

:)

Got him now though. He seems like a valuable asset to the team. I was expecting him to have a 'SHALE STOMP!' kind of attitude, but it seems they've gone with the camp Sean Pertwee angle. I've got to say, I'm liking it.

I started doing Orzammar thinking I'd get Shale there. Turns out he was at a completely different place on the map.

:)

Got him now though. He seems like a valuable asset to the team. I was expecting him to have a 'SHALE STOMP!' kind of attitude, but it seems they've gone with the camp Sean Pertwee angle. I've got to say, I'm liking it.

There's a reason for it, which you'll find out soon enough if you take Shale with you to Orzammar.

Now Return to Ostagar has been pulled from Xbox Live and seems to be no mention of when it will come out. They also say that Xbox users shouldn't accept the latest update, as it stops the specializations working properly. Bet they're wishing they never bothered with it now, just a series of cock ups.

Was very close to grabbing this today, but it's quite expensive so I'm a little tempestuous. What other games does it feel most like? I have a problem with RPG's where they either become my favourite game ever or I fucking hate them.

It's very similar to KotOR in its mechanics. Finished Orzammar now, superb stuff. The radial menus are excellent, wasn't too sure about them at first, but after 40 hours my thumbs and fingers have transcended to a new level of RPG menu symbiosis I would have thought improbable several weeks ago.

It's very similar to KotOR in its mechanics. Finished Orzammar now, superb stuff. The radial menus are excellent, wasn't too sure about them at first, but after 40 hours my thumbs and fingers have transcended to a new level of RPG menu symbiosis I would have thought improbable several weeks ago.

Totally agree with the radial menus - at the start it was all I could do to select actions and spells to plant on the battle menu whereas now my brain is totally radially wired.

I'm now getting within touching distance of the end I suspect and am currently battling my way through the interior of fort draken to my showdown with the archdemon ;):):lol: