The Premiership - Season 15

SaintM

Tony's Dark Knights 2-8 Baring

Baring 4-1 Tony's Dark Knights

first half first game, obviously with a team like derby, and with my team who are slow as fuck i was gonna get smashed with my formation! no pace and baring took full advantage! all the second half derby goals were bshit though!

second game all 4 derby goals were again bshit! but nothing i could do with az!

gd games! thought i could of done more but none of my players were fast enough for any of yours! ggs

good games bud, but how were my goals bs? lol i could have scored 15 but your keeper made some good saves in the first match. My goals were well passed and i slotted them away. you kept the ball really well but couldnt do anything upfront with it, and your defence was so far up the pitch it was easy to knock it over. your 3 goals were 2 from corners and a shot which got saved and my keeper took an hour to get up and it fell to your player to slot away.

the second match was alot tighter with 1-1 at ht, and your defending was alot better but i got those goals and it was coming really although u had like 60+% possesion again you strikers lacked movement and you just passed it from one side to the other until i took it off you.

oh and when it was 3-1 in the first game i didnt really appreciate u taking my player out when he was clean through just passed the halfway line and you only got a yellow, it didnt really make a difference to the game but maybe it was just a late tackle, you knew i was passed lol.

nevamind tho, 2 good game i was nervous about and i can see why you do well in matches because you keep the ball so well. good luck rest of season.

Southampton (moi) 4 - 4 Allborg (Humdrum)

End to end stuff.

Allborg took a 3-0 lead into half-time, the rub of the green clearly on their side. The second half was a dead reverse, with Stern John getting a hat-trick to take it to 4-3 in Southampton's favour with less than 10 mins remaining. Alas, Allborg managed to get an equaliser to share the spoils.

Allborg 4 - 1 Southampton

Pretty much the same story as the other game, but this time I didn't get my half 'o' green. 4-1 is a bit harsh, but the danes were deserved winners.

Cheers for the games, I suspect our friendlies will go back to being non-stop draws now you've got the win!

ps. LOL tony.

you did have the upper hand on shots! long shots though :blink: . nothing wrong with your tackle ? haha. i expect that shit from a random,but not in this league, it was malicious and fifa may of done nothing about it, but as we all know fifa 08 has a tendency to give nothing alot of the time for dodgy tackles.

wooo tony, do you not remember when you done it to me? lol and you did get booked although should have been red. if you had got back into the game i would be angry (good job it didnt). my girlfriend was watching the game and she was like is he allowed to do that lol and thought it was a bad tackle :angry:

another thing is tho, i sent you a nice good game msg after and even said you had possesion well etc.. you didnt even msg me back, and all you can do is slate my goals calling 12 goals bullshit! lol well i bet if you could score 12 bullshit goals you wouldnt mind :P can you elaborate which of them were bullshit, what did i do? pass it through/over your defence and score?!

you really should stop posting the shit you do and start being more respectful to other players. afterall it is a friendly league.

/rant over

edit: tony confirm the 8-2 result, you had put it as you won.

donnie(u.d.alemeria) 6 - 1 humdrum(aalborg)

what can i say i got nothing in this game and donnie finished his one on ones with the nice tapped shot when thou on goal.

i didn't deserved muc out of this game and i didn;t get much. it was annoying to say the least my passing was crap and the players first touch was crap.

defenders just letting his forwards run off the ball. but i am sure this is more my fault then donnies. i prob swore quite abit in this game but at the game not at donnie. oh well onto the sure to be goal fest that was the second leg as it where...

humdrum(aalborg) 1-1 donnie(u.d.alemeria)

annoyed to the extereme with this one. i got a bit of luck when a cross of mine wasn;t cleared i won it back then hit the post adn followed up with a not to bad finish from my poor and lowly players.

donnie pulled it level in the 91st minute where i had possension in his half when to play a simple ball but my guy decided to play it thou donnies forward. a break into my half with my 3 playes back and cut back and it was level. :blink: annoyed that i just wanted to keep possension but the game decided the better pass was a crazy one. oh well. what can you do or say.

good agmes donnie you prob deserved the first not sure about the scoreline but thats on of them things.

i'll be glad when the season is over so i can mount a respectable charge for the championship play off spot and try to get a bit of diginity back.

Hey, that relegation spot is mine. I'm sick of being the little fish, I wanna hammer people in a lower league again!

I don't think so!

Steely (Rosenborg) 4-2 Mitchell (West Brom)

After taking a quick 1-0 lead, Steely equalised and it finished 1-1 at half time. I was playing OK and shaded it. But not for long! Steely then took control over the next 135 minutes. Although there were some Titus Bramble Comedy Show defending from both of us throughout this first game, he got into his groove, little 1-2's tearing me apart. I luckily managed to get it back to 2-3, and went all out attack for it to try and scrape a draw, but he popped one in at the death to see me off. I. Am. Struggling!

4CEF7EF0-BB90-AA87-5066F5CC38818B8E.jpg

Mitchell 1-3 Steely

Much of the same! I think he should change his team name to Silk And Steel, after Five Star's famous debut album. Some lovely slick, silky passing, great 1-2's, excellent counter play and only some dogged, last ditch defending kept the score down in this one. My own team opinons? Well, I feel I'll have to go with pace rather than skill. Phillip's isn't getting a look in, and after the games tonight, I'm going to have to jig my team about to get a better balance of speed. Miller and Gera are pretty good, but the rest are a little cumbersome. Need to do some digging around the reserves.....but! I feel like I'm only this [----] far from winning against someone...let's hope it's soon!

A pleasure as always mate, nice chatting to you, and good luck catching up Yawning. Sorry, Baring. :blink:

Five-Star-Silk--Steel-poste-240840.jpg

baring. result confirmed. as for the bs goals. my keeper should of got to a few but just froze in the true fashion of fifa 08! and the others my defenders made good interceptions but then the ball fell to you, as for the other bs ones, my players were in full control but lost the ball,in which they wouldnt if fifa 08 was so fucked up sometimes!

as for the tackle in that game, i went for the ball, and it was on the half way line, i hadnt looked at the radar and didnt see it was my defence, i thought it was my midfield! it wasnt a red as there were other men about,they wouldnt of had the pace to catch on the run though. it wouldnt of made a difference anyway yet in the other game another 2 points would be in the bag.

im just saying how it is, so this respect thing is rubbish.

if your saying 'how it is' then why didnt you say i played well with my passing and your defending was shit. instead of blaming fifa lol

tackle: i can understand how you thought it was midfield, i do look at the radar all the time tho, so was a bit miffed. if you went for it fair enough but it should have been red.

what do you mean by this?

"it wouldnt of made a difference anyway yet in the other game another 2 points would be in the bag"

and the respect thing is like, just dont be so bias towards yourself a MR should reflect both teams and who done what. seems when you win all you do is say how good you are and when you lose its how shit the goals were. just think about it. im not having a go at you i just didnt feel i deserved what you were saying.

Steely (Rosenborg) 4-2 Mitchell (West Brom)

Mitchell 1-3 Steely

Haha nice match report man, I have to question how you know of an album called 'silk and steel' though ;) They where enjoyable games as per usual, I did want to see Kev in action like, he must be a top poacher even if he is slow as funk. You should start picking up points soon though escpecially considering youve got MinerWilly fixture still to catch up on -_- only joking haha... I mean SaintM.

Cheers for the games bud. As for catching Baring ;) Im just gunna have to take the champions league off him instead.

I'm just glad there is a bigger bad loser than me in this league. Makes me feel kinda warm inside.

Against some stiff competition (I for one can moan about losing with the best of them) Tony Almeida hands down wins 'bitterest forumite'!

Not content with the slating of 'sore losers' in the championship for his poor peer rating last season, he mounts an assualt on Mr LOL happy bollox himself - who has consistently turned over every player he's met yet it's now FIFA that's beaten Tony!!

I swear he's a comedy poster having a laugh...

As for catching Baring :P Im just gunna have to take the champions league off him instead.

*cough, cough* couple of championship boys are gunning for that honour my friend :(

This is all very strange - In the 4 games I have played Tony (twice in Championship last season and Cup game this season that went to a replay) he has been absolutely sound on the mic. I'm not sure what happens when he gets in front of a keyboard as the person that posts the shit he does is not the same one I talk to when playing the actual game.

He has thrashed me twice but I've drawn two of these 4 games so it's not as if he becomes a twat when things don't go his way as in both these drawn games he was still genuinely nice and respectful on the comms. It's his alter ego who does the typing on the forum that causes the issues - Keyboard rage me thinks??? :(

Cue - 'Get out of this Premiership thread' comment???

This is all very strange - In the 4 games I have played Tony (twice in Championship last season and Cup game this season that went to a replay) he has been absolutely sound on the mic. I'm not sure what happens when he gets in front of a keyboard as the person that posts the shit he does is not the same one I talk to when playing the actual game.

He has thrashed me twice but I've drawn two of these 4 games so it's not as if he becomes a twat when things don't go his way as in both these drawn games he was still genuinely nice and respectful on the comms. It's his alter ego who does the typing on the forum that causes the issues - Keyboard rage me thinks??? :(

Cue - 'Get out of this Premiership thread' comment???

Go back to your own fucking league CHAMPIONSHIP BOY.

oh wait..

Anyways, Joe is right. It's quite clear winning means alot more to some people than others. I found this out when playing Tony in the goalfest tourny and he literally passed it around the back for 90 minutes. It was only a fun pre-season tourny, but yeah he sounded a good guy on the mic!

To be fair to Tony, he has been quite ok for most of this season. I dunno if that means we all get a twice concentrated 'Tony experience' for the remainder, but it should be interesting to find out!

Remember folks, you can change your ratings for players right up to the end of the season :(