Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - fighting games are dead/coming back

Liquid Myth

There are some full match videos of Hsien-Ko and Sentinel here if you scroll down.

The third one in particular shows something interesting - when Phoenix resurrects, although her health does gradually go down to nothing, if you swap her out, she recovers the read health. Scary!

Taokaka Hsien-Ko looks better than I could have hoped. Assuming I'm in a position to play this, that's the third spot in my initial dream-team sorted then. I will find a way to make Viper/Ammy/Hsien-Ko work. I hope. Just need to come up with a suitably nerdy team name now.

Taokaka Hsien-Ko looks better than I could have hoped. Assuming I'm in a position to play this, that's the third spot in my initial dream-team sorted then. I will find a way to make Viper/Ammy/Hsien-Ko work. I hope. Just need to come up with a suitably nerdy team name now.

my provisional team of cap america, wesker and super skrull is going by "the good, the bad and the ugly"

^_^

On eventhubs just now they seem to believe there are more character announcements to come beyond the 'full' roster and DLC duo we're already aware of. Hm. Has Galactus (or whoever the boss is) been 'officially' announced? I'd be pretty surprised if there were any others to be added that we weren't already aware of from that months old leak; there's no keeping secrets that well... surely?

Has Galactus (or whoever the boss is) been 'officially' announced? I'd be pretty surprised if there were any others to be added that we weren't already aware of from that months old leak; there's no keeping secrets that well... surely?

Galactus hasn't been shown yet, officially. I guess her gets his own introduction trailer too.

Jill and Shuma also need revealing properly. Going by the final character select screen, there are slots for another two DLC characters. Nobody outside Capcom knows who they are (or when they will be revealed/released)

Fingers crossed for Juggernaut though! 8)

Good to hear it Moosey

What's the general consensus on pre-orders? Which is most likely to get it out 1-2 days in advance? I like the Game shirt, but I'd rather go with the shop that has me playing it on the 17th

Game are usually very fast- sometimes quicker than shopto. I took a risk and went with zavvi (due to it being £28 with the nice black t shirt) but when the weather hasn't been awful and royal mail are running, they usually dispatching early enough for weekend of launch so I don't mind waiting until fri/sat of launch.

I went yesterday. Spent the whole day in Meadowhall playing it on and off. I've got to say, i wasn't going to preorder it but now i deffinitely will be, it's awesome people.

The multiple free t-shirts were worth going for alone. No deposit for pre-orders. :P

I love my free shirt, nearly as much as I fucking lived the game. Totally shocked by some of the characters, people I thought I'd be using constantly didn't feel right and people I wasn't interested in at all turned out to be awesome. Wolverine felt all horrible because my endless mvc2 play was all with bone claw, iron man still doesn't suit me, didn't like morrigans new ultra and was endlessly frustrated by ryu as he feels so different coming of a year of ssfiv play.

Excellent surprises were trish, who moves nicely, has a decent pace to her attacks and some nice downward strikes wher she's in air. Felicia and chun li were both fucking awesome, like their ds/sf versions, but buffed nicely to fit the game. Felicia seems to be the quickest thing in the game aside from a properly handled wesker.

Magneto is far, far better than he used to be, and both Dante and deadpool are predictably excellent. Watching the awesome people on the cab, I'd say wesker, wolverine, Dante, deadpool and ryu are the scariest to face. It's a great game, stays faithful to the series but they've not been scared to rebuild some stuff. It was really, really enjoyable.

I think there is only really two more spots on the character selection screen, not that I'm against those suggestions. Just to go completely selfish, I'd have loved to see Fei Long but that was never going to happen.

Also I played about 20 rounds of MvC2 tonight and got totally spanked. Kind of reminds me why I prefer Street Fighter IV!

Clean slate though man! As for the two slots left - really doubt Apocalypse will be playable.

M-Bison has to be in this though and Thanos is the most powerful being in the Marvel universe (apart from Squirrel Girl).

In fact SG could be in it instead of Thanos...