IGNORED

Strategy games on PC

Sng

Since getting my new PC I've been after a game to play on it. The only games I like on PC these days are strategy/RPG ones I guess. Ones that are suited to a PC, basically.

Something like Theme Park/Sim City/Mega-lo-Mania/Football Manager.

Recommendations?

Since getting my new PC I've been after a game to play on it. The only games I like on PC these days are strategy/RPG ones I guess. Ones that are suited to a PC, basically.

Something like Theme Park/Sim City/Mega-lo-Mania/Football Manager.

Recommendations?

Spore is out in a month. In the meantime, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is wonderful.

Fucking SPORE!!! I completely forgot about that. Cheers.

Oh it's only £25 from Shopto.net as well.

Rollercoaster tycoon 3 you say, hmm.... sounds like fun to me.

EDIT: Whilst I wait I want an easy game where you can control armies and take down cities/armies or whatever. Something like an RTS but I'm rubbish at traditional RTSs so maybe not. Or maybe just a really easy one. That has a lot of focus on base development.

I thought GalCiv2 was incredibly deep, and certainly not easy unless you gimp the AI?

Well, he can either play a strategy game, or he can start a C&C3 campaign and just click the 'build tank' button for 20 minutes before clicking on the enemy base.

It's his call. :wub:

Depends what your attention span is like really. Mine is utter shit so C&C is about as in-depth as I can go, although it's better if you've got somebody to play against of a similar level.

The spore creature creator is fucking gold, i've not laughed at a PC game like that in a long time.

So, the thing about Spore is that you'll want to spend a few days before it's out browsing the creature creator database and finding your favourite creatures. It's fucking hilarious when all the creatures you meet are the ones you already love.

Tyranids vs Magtheridon vs ENORMOUS CHAIRS OF DEATH ftw.

So, the thing about Spore is that you'll want to spend a few days before it's out browsing the creature creator database and finding your favourite creatures. It's fucking hilarious when all the creatures you meet are the ones you already love.

Tyranids vs Magtheridon vs ENORMOUS CHAIRS OF DEATH ftw.

Sorry but as far as I'm concerned, whenever Spore is actually released, there will be planet upon planet of PENISOID creatures battling eachother to the death

If I mention Jagged Alliance 2 in three threads in two days, I should be shot. No matter how apt and justified.

Edit: Ok, this doesn't fit in at all with your stated requirements. There is no post here, nothing to see....

You guys are crazy. It's Soong, look what he's asked for - and you say GalCiv 2? Not a chance. Also Sins of a Solar empire - way off target.

Spore, too - I think it's not going to hit what he's looking for.

Civ is along the right lines indeed - although perhaps something a little more graphical.

I'm thinking "The Settlers" although the last version was apparently rubbish. Still, there's a demo here if you want a look:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_20703.shtml

(I also heard there was a remake of settelrs 2, but I can't find it)

Anno 1701 is supposed to be good, demo here:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_16068.shtml

Pirates might be worth a blast if you fancy that too, although it's a wee bit different of course.

Why has no one mentioned Civ II, Civ III or Civ IV yet? You all sicken and disgust me.

I bought the Gold Edition of Civ II ages ago, have never even installed it :wub:

Try OpenTTD, bit of a learning curve and very retro but I like it (and it's free!), the pinnacle of Chris Sawyer's career, I couldn't get on with Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Transport Tycoon while getting on a bit is still one of the best of those kinds of sim games as far as I remember.

Or for a Civ type game Birth of the federation is also ace, although again pretty old and can be a bit unbalanced.

Jagged Alliance 2 is on Stea-BLAM-Aiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

And you can get Disciples II and Jagged Alliance 2 for just $30 on Steam! It's a sign!