Geometry Wars 2

Eighthours

By the time the highscores start to flow (the last 90 seconds) theres no time to let them suck up stuff. You just have to shoot them as fast as you can - but you can wait until your being chased by a host of Green/Purples then trigger them and blow them up.

The main key is not to die at all - if you die not only do you lost time, but your AI timer slower down so they down appear so fast.

So, to clarify - you should let them suck loads of dudes in and then set off a smart bomb before they explode naturally and let loads of blue homing-baddies out?

No, because using a smart bomb gets you zero points!

You don't need to let them suck in loads of dudes, though the black hole will leave more geoms behind if you do.

Shooting them causes an explosion which will take out enemies, and net you 5 times the score for each enemy caught in the blast.

Hope this helps :)

I think "black hole farming" was a technique in the first game, where you let the black hole suck in some enemies, then shoot it back down to size before it swells and explodes, then let it suck in more, shoot it down to size again, etc, for as long as you feel you can take the gamble. But GW2 is just too damn chaotic to do that. I think it was Stuart Campbell who said that's why he preferred the PC rip-off game Grid Wars 2.

chasing achievements is such a waste of time..its not like anyones gona see "wax off:20pts" or whatever and thing wow he must have spend hours on that.

Yeah chasing larger scores in an XBLA game is a far more worthy pursuit. It's just a bit of additional fun.

I fucking suck so much at this. :lol:

As some of you on my friends list will see.

I really do love the game, totally my kinda thing. But for some reason I suck REALLY badly and this game fucking infuriates me.

I consistantly get about 100 points on Pacifism. Like fucking SUXXXXX. spawn, dead, spawn, dead.

Holy shit, I'm fucking shaking.

Waves is my new bitch:

robdood.png

I got to a point where I don't understand how it's possible to survive though. The waves literally spawn every 1/5th of a second or something. Jesus fucking face I now feel amazing though ;)

Edit - ARGH it hasn't updated!! 16million. 40th in the world :lol:

Holy shit, I'm fucking shaking.

Waves is my new bitch:

robdood.png

I got to a point where I don't understand how it's possible to survive though. The waves literally spawn every 1/5th of a second or something. Jesus fucking face I now feel amazing though :angry:

Edit - ARGH it hasn't updated!! 16million. 40th in the world :lol:

Fucking big grats man ;)

MW%20Jimmy.png

It's strange - I really didn't feel a buzz for Geometry Wars 2 before it got released, but three weeks on and I still think it's fucking amazing. Bizzare really know how to do high-score in-the-zone games anyway, but this time the game design is just impeccable. Just the right amount of content too.

Favourite mode is definitely Sequence - I like the variation within it and the fact Im still learning new techniques for it, and it expects you to pick up on tricks from the other modes. Im trying to link it all together at the moment - a big score is definitely coming...

The technique for Paficism eludes me.

EightHours.png

My Deadline score has shot up to nearly 19 million. That's nearly 6 million more than my previous best. :lol:

And it was nowhere near a perfect run - I died 4 times in the last 50 seconds.

just fuck off, frankly ;)

im not arsed really but this gw2 score chasing has grabbed me a little bit

Yeah sure. Totally. Just that achievements are fun little distractions when they're done right, and these have felt pretty fun so far, so they have their uses.

Im going to have to force myself not to play this, each time I do I get myself so worked up whilst heartrate and blood pressure boils so much it scares the crap out of my gf (who doesnt usually see me like that). In all my gaming years, I cant recall a game thats not only as addictive but as incredibly frustrating as this. No matter how angry I get, I always want that just..one..more..go... :/

Oh yeah, you get the feeling: "Dare I glance at the score? Just a micro-second glance? In a second... right... now. Oh fuckohfuck I'm beating my high score! Don't screw up. Don't screw up. Don't screw up. I'm going to screw up because I'm thinking about not screwing up! And now I'm dead. What's the score now? Jurassic Park."

Me and Polmon were discussing the addictiveness of this game last night... It's scary isn't it, how compelling it is to have one more go! We agreed that it's probably something due to the feeling you get on a good run (on any mode) - whatever chemical it is that gets released by your brain, or if it's the adrenaline or something, but good god, I love feeling like that. It's almost sexual <_<

Does anyone have any tips for Sequence, specifically the level where you get surrounded by a circle of windmills and gates?

I don't seem to have enough time to shoot a path through the windmills as they haven't fully spawned yet. I reckon I could add about 30mil to my score if I could work out the level.

You have to let the Windmills chase you in all levels. If its the level i'm thinking of - shoot the top diamonds, wizz through, then shoot the L or R diamonds and wizz though (so they're all chasing you).

Then when gates appear fly through them to cause massive damage.

You have to let the Windmills chase you in all levels. If its the level i'm thinking of - shoot the top diamonds, wizz through, then shoot the L or R diamonds and wizz though (so they're all chasing you).

Then when gates appear fly through them to cause massive damage.

Thanks, but it's not that level, I've sussed that one.

It's later on - stage 16ish I think. It starts with a mass of purples below you, and greens above. I'm not shooting many of the enemies, because I want to gate destroy them - but when the gates appear in a circle around you surrounded by windmills at the same time which always kill me.