Geometry Wars 2

Eighthours

Oh THAT one. I dunno. I smart bomb them.

I think you have to blow a hole through the windmills - when you said windmills i was thinking of Pods (from Stargate) - they're the splitter things in GW2.

I must admit the windmills don't cause to many problems usually but in that level they're rather nasty.

They're also the key to Level 1's +200,000 score. Shoot them all and activate and farm a black hole (whatever one has the most AI around it), then destroy it using the non-active blackhole.

Oh THAT one. I dunno. I smart bomb them.

Yes, that one. I'm loath to use the bomb as there are so many tempting points on offer.

I just had another bash and was slightly more successful. Pausing for a split second after they appeared allowed my to escape the 'ring of death', but I was then killed by the waves of arrows. I'll get there in the end.

Yes, that one. I'm loath to use the bomb as there are so many tempting points on offer.

I just had another bash and was slightly more successful. Pausing for a split second after they appeared allowed my to escape the 'ring of death', but I was then killed by the waves of arrows. I'll get there in the end.

Thats the one Im trying to figure out aswell. It seems almost luck whether you make it out of the circle of crosses or not - its not going to be worth stopping moving and trying to shoot a gap out though.

Another question: You dont get a bonus for completing a level in Sequence do you? If you don't kill everything in a stage it doesn't actually matter much does it?

Me and Polmon were discussing the addictiveness of this game last night... It's scary isn't it, how compelling it is to have one more go!

I think part of the addiction is the ease with which you can start a new game... tap.. tap... and you're back in the zone - usually before the explosion from your previous demise has even finished dissipating. No time for the dopamine levels to drop. Genius :wub:

Well I picked this up on a whim the other day and I really enjoy it. The only problem I have is the weird blur/fuzzy filter which really messes with my eyes and makes playing the game a bit uncomfortable.

sennythegreat.png

There isnt a facepalm big enough for this. Its just about the sharpest most excellent use of 720p on XBLA. There is no filter.

fail.PNG

There isnt a facepalm big enough for this. Its just about the sharpest most excellent use of 720p on XBLA. There is no filter.

It's 1080p, and it's got a weird fuzzy/blurry filter. Both on my home TV at 1080p and on my work TV at 720p. Unless you're saying you know better than me about what I'm actually seeing with my own two eyes.

EDIT: You can see it clear as day on these screenshots for God's sake YOU ARE WRONG ANGEL LOOK AT THE BLUR!

It's 1080p, and it's got a weird fuzzy/blurry filter. Both on my home TV at 1080p and on my work TV at 720p. Unless you're saying you know better than me about what I'm actually seeing with my own two eyes.

EDIT: You can see it clear as day on these screenshots for God's sake YOU ARE WRONG ANGEL LOOK AT THE BLUR!

yeah...what a blurry game. pure lols mate, sorry. sharp as a tack.

yeah...what a blurry game. pure lols mate, sorry. sharp as a tack.

Are you insane?

geo2wars.jpg

See the areas with no enemies in them? See how they have a type of blur like someone has misted up the area? See how they're not actually black? That's what I mean. Or are you going to tell me that those areas are solid black and I'm making it up.

:unsure: it's one of the nicest looking games I've seen in a while.

It's not blurry in the slightest

Christ you guys are annoying. Fine, it's "glow", whatever you want to call it. It's a fact that it's there, it's right up there in the pic I posted. It's a fact I find it uncomfortable. Those of you saying it's not on your screens are talking bollocks, it is there, it's rendered by the game, it has nothing to do with the TV. Even if it did, I've seen it on 3 different displays now, from 1080p to 720p. When I made the comment I wasn't offering it as an opinion, I'm saying it's a fact that I find the glow uncomfortable. Telling me it's "razor sharp" to you is competely irrelevant. Telling me there is actually no effect like this when it's crystal clear there just makes you come across as a bit mental. No need to be fanboy-ish about it.

Christ you guys are annoying. Fine, it's "glow", whatever you want to call it. It's a fact that it's there, it's right up there in the pic I posted. It's a fact I find it uncomfortable. Those of you saying it's not on your screens are talking bollocks, it is there, it's rendered by the game, it has nothing to do with the TV. Even if it did, I've seen it on 3 different displays now, from 1080p to 720p. When I made the comment I wasn't offering it as an opinion, I'm saying it's a fact that I find the glow uncomfortable. Telling me it's "razor sharp" to you is competely irrelevant. Telling me there is actually no effect like this when it's crystal clear there just makes you come across as a bit mental. No need to be fanboy-ish about it.

monkichi's office:

A0069b_3_towerexplo1_explosion_below.jpg

Well it's a matter of opinion but I think the glow, bloom, blur (!) whatever you want to call it looks brilliant. They are going for that old school, vector glare effect, if you've ever played a real Asteroids or Battlezone arcade machine you'll know what I'm talking about.

But hey if you don't like it then, erm, um, don't play the game? :)

Bloom IS shit because its applied too liberally in games.

If theres one thing that defines next gen its bloom. Sure - on a retro game with scanlines its lovely (a scanlines game naturally glows anyway if your contrast is properly set).

Are you insane?

gw2nk1.jpg

See the areas with no enemies in them? See how they have a type of blur like someone has misted up the area? See how they're not actually black? That's what I mean. Or are you going to tell me that those areas are solid black and I'm making it up.

By jove he's right!! Look at that!!

Christ, you're fucking annoying. You are the weirdest gamer I know.

:)

Seriously though, you find it uncomfortable? Because of the glow? That is odd. Maybe your brightness is too high, for it to actually be annoying.

I do think the hard-to-see-ness off the graphics is intentional, though. Aaaah pacifism.. Giant blue explosions and tiny blue enemies. How I hate thee.