Geometry Wars 2

Eighthours

Does anyone have any tips for Sequence, specifically the level where you get surrounded by a circle of windmills and gates?

I don't seem to have enough time to shoot a path through the windmills as they haven't fully spawned yet. I reckon I could add about 30mil to my score if I could work out the level.

I normally bomb that level, but it is possible to move through the windmills before they finish spawning. This is only possible if you are moving full speed in a constant direction when they spawn though. Ideally go through a gate at the same time.

Feel free to PM me for any tips on sequence. Gamertag = ICthepiranha

I normally bomb that level, but it is possible to move through the windmills before they finish spawning. This is only possible if you are moving full speed in a constant direction when they spawn though. Ideally go through a gate at the same time.

Feel free to PM me for any tips on sequence. Gamertag = ICthepiranha

I've done that level now! Pausing briefly seems to work, unfortunately I messed up some of the easier levels. Still I've now got 108M on sequence, and I'm only slightly behind MWJimmy.

Oh go fuck yourselves you fanboy pricks.

Only joking but you guys are coming across as a bit mental-fanboys. My brightness isn't too high, I'm not using the wrong TV, I'm not playing the game in a collapsing building, I'm not using the wrong settings, I'm not high etc. The bloom effect (I think we all know what I mean by now) that some of you have already admitted is there for aesthetic reasons (Though Angel still seem to deny it, probably because he's actually playing a different game to everyone and has wandered in here by mistake) and some of you like because omg-it's-so-retro-vortex, well, I find it very uncomfortable. It's not up for debate or anything, unless you're a better judge of what I see with my own eyes. Like Afterbirth said it makes it hard for me to concentrate and I keep wiping my eyes like I'm wearing smudged glasses or something (And I've tried playing both with and without glasses). I would have appreciated an option to turn it off, but then I don't think they could have foreseen that it would have this effect on some people.

I'm not going to stop playing it just because of that you mentalists, Jesus, it's a really fun game. Anyway, go back to wanking yourselves over it, I'll be back when I've gotten decent scores up.

The bloom effect is much more noticeable if you go back to Geometry Wars Retro Evolved for a game or two. That game looks positively drab and colourless in comparison.

As for Pacifism's blue-on-blue action, i find it kind of cinematic: a huge explosion, particles everywhere, and the brief moment of respite before you see one striding defiantly through the flames unharmed, like the Terminator.

"No, it can't be! You're suppposed to be dead!"

Oh go fuck yourselves you fanboy pricks.

Only joking but you guys are coming across as a bit mental-fanboys. My brightness isn't too high, I'm not using the wrong TV, I'm not playing the game in a collapsing building, I'm not using the wrong settings, I'm not high etc. The bloom effect (I think we all know what I mean by now) that some of you have already admitted is there for aesthetic reasons (Though Angel still seem to deny it, probably because he's actually playing a different game to everyone and has wondered in here by mistake) and some of you like because omg-it's-so-retro-vortex, well, I find it very uncomfortable. It's not up for debate or anything, unless you're a better judge of what I see with my own eyes. Like Afterbirth said it makes it hard for me to concentrate and I keep wiping my eyes like I'm wearing smudged glasses or something (And I've tried playing both with and without glasses). I would have appreciated an option to turn it off, but then I don't think they could have foreseen that it would have this effect on some people.

I'm not going to stop playing it just because of that you mentalists, Jesus, it's a really fun game. Anyway, go back to wanking yourselves over it, I'll be back when I've gotten decent scores up.

LOL

ps it's "wandered"

tomdominer.png

It's amazing what a day off work will do to your high score table, hey Stefcha?

I'm getting it now, finally.

Oh, and I agree with Monkichi 3.0, it is slightly fuzzy, blurry whatever. It's not the actual 3d mesh of the enemies, but the glow around them makes it look like my glasses have steamed up.

I love this game ;)

Got my scores for deadline (3m) and evolved (5.5m) up yesterday and whilst not super brilliant they put me firmly in the pack of friends and give me hope I can improve further - this from someone who is not scared of encountering a pack of rats at level 1 but who is incompetant at schmups.

Any game that can cause such a high swear to play ratio and still have you coming back has got to be doing something seriously right.

I think I've directed more expletives to those "fucking random green square fucks" than all other games put together.

I still don't have the full game of this - hopefully next Monday - but I was playing the trial again yesterday on a friend's 360, and I've got to go back to the one stick = move and shoot suggestion from a while back.

When I mentioned that, as I recall, the response was that it couldn't be done. Well, I did it yesterday on the trial version (and thus Deadline only). I'd have to say, it didn't ruin the game. It changed it. Perhaps because of the permanent use of the rapid fire weapon (compared to GW1), perhaps because of the eventual presence of gates. It's worth a try, and as a bonus it turns the game into a one-handed game, so you've got a hand free to... well, I'm sure you'll think of something.

I thought that when playing with one stick - black holes are a nightmare to deal with when all you can do is fly straight at them. You could nip into the menus, but it would break the flow somewhat.

I'm just glad it's allowed at all - they could have just had the sticks' control options swap around, but that would have been a bit stingy of them.

Just got 13 million on Evolved and am really struggling to get higher. I feel like it won't matter any more if i read advice, i just need to stick at it. Love this game, makes me feel like i'm about to have a seizure after a highscore game everytime

Just got 13 million on Evolved and am really struggling to get higher. I feel like it won't matter any more if i read advice, i just need to stick at it. Love this game, makes me feel like i'm about to have a seizure after a highscore game everytime

I got 19mil on that earlier, my highest so far. Its the Deadline scores in this thread that make me feel sick, Ive got 7mil and no matter what I do I cant seem to break that score. I always, without fail, die at around the 2min 15s mark :/

kill the black holes instantly, cirlce the screen firing forward clearing space picking up geoms, save gates for when youve got a bunch of green bastards behind you only...you'll be hitting 8+ pretty quickly...im maxed out on about 15 though now

This game is pure crack. I think that the relative short sessions followed by two quick presses of the A button to start a new game completely nailed it. Unlike a lot of other games it doesn't feel like a chore to restart after failing achieving a highscore, and this makes it so much easier to play for hours at a time.

kill the black holes instantly, cirlce the screen firing forward clearing space picking up geoms, save gates for when youve got a bunch of green bastards behind you only...you'll be hitting 8+ pretty quickly...im maxed out on about 15 though now

Interesting, my tactic is usually to let them swallow up baddies and explode them before they burst. Ill try nailing them sooner then in that case.